Oh, God! Book II
1980 film by Gilbert Cates
- Screenplay by Josh Greenfeld, Hal Goldman, Fred S. Fox, Seaman Jacobs, and Melissa Miller; produced and directed by Gilbert Cates.
That's right, I made another movie. You know me, I can't stop creating. (tagline)
- [looking at Earth] What a mess. Every time I look down there, it gets worse. Maybe I oughta stop looking down. Millions of planets, and that one's always been a problem. Why that one? I know why: people. I had to put people on it. Maybe I oughta go down there and look around. I gotta do something. Let's see, um…[lightning strikes] Please, not now, I'm thinking!
- I'm not always on cloud nine.
- People remember the miracle and forget why I did it.
- I don't take off for spelling.
- They gave some of my best people a pretty hard time.
- But, Tracy, I don't want you to think I'm bragging, but, let's face it: I'm an original, the one and only. I made my own mould and threw it away.
- I say, if you don't set deadlines, nothing happens.
- "Bananas." I hate that expression. I make a beautiful fruit, and people use it for "crazy."
- Mathematics. That was a mistake. I should have made the whole thing a little easier.
- Nobody's perfect.
- When I sneeze, there's no one around to bless me.
- Honest to me, I didn't.
- I need all the help I can get.
- Meet me in the lounge.
- I mean you - Tracy.
- Oh, Daddy, you and your tricks. You're always trying to pull something on me.
- Daddy, just because you can't see spirits doesn't mean they're not there. It's kinda like believing in God: sometimes, you just have to believe in things you can't see.
- But—but if You are God, why would You bother with me?
- Have you ever felt like you might be dreaming, even though you knew you were awake?
- Mom, we know that God has a lot of wonderful qualities, but what would you say are some of His strongest points?
- It was some dumb commercial. They're always trying to sell you something.
- You know, You're not exactly easy to turn down.
- You talk to me like I'm grown up. I like that.
- God brought me home on His motorcycle.
- How do you spell relief? G-O-D.
- God is bullish on humanity.
- You're in good hands with God.
- Let God put you in the driver's seat.
- Buy God, B-U-Y.
- Try God!
- Good God!
- Great God!
- Think God!
- Tracy Richards: Are you God, sir?
- God: Forget the "sir." Just plain "God," the owner of the store, also known as the man upstairs.
- Tracy Richards: How old are you?
- God: Who knows? After the first two-million years, I stopped counting.
- Tracy Richards: Slogans really work. You'll become a household word.
- God: A household word. Yeah, that would be nice for a change.
- Tracy Richards: God, on The Johnny Carson Show?
- God: [on t. v.] Why not? He gets everybody else to replace him.
- God: I'll give you another week.
- Tracy Richards: Just a week?
- God: That's long enough. Look at what I accomplished in a week. And I did it without computers.
- Tracy Richards: It's just a gut feeling. (That's an advertising expression.)
- Shingo: Well, I gotta gut feeling, too: I'm hungry. Let's go home.
- God: Tracy, I really like it.
- Tracy Richards: Thank God!
- God: I like that one, too, but let's go with "Think God."