No Time To Die
2021 James Bond film by Cary Joji Fukunaga
No Time to Die is a 2021 film in the James Bond series of spy films, and centres on Bond being pulled out of a five-year-long retirement by the CIA to rescue a kidnapped scientist, which sets him on a path to do battle with a powerful adversary in control of a cataclysmic technology that threatens all life on the planet.
- Directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga. Written by Neal Purvis, Robert Wade, Cary Joji Fukunaga and Phoebe Waller-Bridge.
- [repeated line] We have all the time in the world.
- I miss you. [to Vesper Lynd's tomb, where he burns a note asking her "Forgive Me"]
- [to Felix Leiter about Logan Ash] Where did you find The Book of Mormon?
- [after using his EMP watch to turn Cyclops' bionic eye into a makeshift grenade] I just showed someone your watch, Q. It really blew their mind.
- Saving someone's life connects you to them forever, the same as taking it. They belong to you.
- [final words.] And now, we are both poisoned with heartbreak. Two heroes in a tragedy of our own making. Everyone we touch, we are their curse. A stroke to their cheek, a kiss would kill them instantly. Yes, Madeline. Yes, Mathilde. You made me do this, you see? This was your choice.
- [to Bond as he rests in Jamaica] Look, this all seems like heaven. This little bubble, or whatever. But it's so obvious you're a man who only has time to kill and nothing to live for.
- [to Mathilde] I'm going to tell you a story about a man. His name was Bond. James Bond.
- Madeline's Mother: What do you think Papa does?
- Madeline: He's a doctor. [Madeline's mother scoffs.] He heals people.
- Madeline's Mother: Oh, no. No, no, your Papa... He kills people.
- Madeline: No.
- Madeline's Mother: Is that who you love? Murderers?
- [a masked man enters the Swann home]
- Safin: Is Mr. White home?
- Madeline's Mother: No, he's gone.
- Man: My name is Lyutsifer Safin. Your husband killed my family.
- Madeline's Mother: I'm telling you, he's gone.
- Safin: I know. This will hurt him more. [fires assault rifle pointblank at her]
- Bond: How's the view?
- Madeline: It's growing on me. Can we go faster?
- Bond: We don't need to go faster, we have all the time in the world.
- [Bond fights off Logan Ash and his men; Ash lies crippled underneath a flipped SUV only being held back by a tree now sagging under the weight]
- Logan Ash: You won't be able to stop him! So why don't you help me out, brother?
- Bond: I had a brother. His name was Felix Leiter. [Bond pulls the SUV down, letting the tree snap. Ash is crushed by the SUV.]
- Bond: If I don't come back, blow it all to shit.
- Nomi: We don't have enough explosives for that.
- Bond: Yeah, but they don't know that.
- [Bond is conversing with Q over the radio. James is still on Safin's island while Madeline and her daughter, Mathilde are on a separate island with Nomi standing guard. There are Tomahawk Missiles headed towards the island, but Bond is critically injured and has been poisoned with Safin's nanobots.]
- Q: Oh God. It's for Madeline.
- Bond: It's alright Q. It's all alright. Will you put Madeline on please?
- Q: Yes of course. How stupid of me.
- [Q patched Madeline through.]
- Madeline: James?
- Bond: Madeline...
- Madeline: I'm here. Where are you? Is it done? [Bond hesitates to respond, completely exhausted.] James?
- Bond: Yes, yes, yes... He's dead. Are you both there?
- Madeline: Yes.
- Bond: Good! Be safe, that's good.
- Madeline: Have you left?
- [Bond briefly pauses.]
- Bond: No. Um... I'm not gonna make it.
- Madeline: [sorrowful at what he just said] What?
- Bond: Um...
- Madeline: No, you promised.
- Bond: Now, Madeline... [resumes climbing and finally ascends to the top of the control room, peeking out of a hatch that overlooks the island.]
- Madeline: Just get off that island. I know you can do this. Everything's good now! There's no one left to hurt us...
- Bond: Madeline... [stares out into the sunset, trying to catch his breath.] You have made... The most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Perfect. Because she came from you. [stumbles out of the hatch to see that the island's silo doors are open, ensuring the missiles will destroy the nanobots inside Safin's lair.]
- Madeline: Oh, god. The vial... You've been poisoned!
- Bond: Yes.
- Madeline: There must be a way. There must be a way... We just need more time! If we only had more time...!
- Bond: You have all the time in the world.
- Madeline: I love you.
- Bond: I love you too.
- [Madeline and Nomi watch as the missiles rocket through the sky and towards Safin's island. Mathilde watches as well, uncomprehending. Madeline turns to her daughter, then goes back to the radio.]
- Madeline: She does have your eyes.
- Bond: I know. [looks up as the missiles go on terminal guidance, breaking off into fragments like fireworks. In his final moments, he is dignified and composed.] I know... [The missiles hit the island and Bond watches the first explosion before a second hit obscures Bond entirely.]
- Mallory / M: Very hard to know what to say. But I thought we should gather, and remember.
- [Mallory sets a glass of whiskey down on a coaster in the center of the table -- a memorial to Bond. A wide shot reveals Mallory, Q, Moneypenny, Tanner, and Nomi circled around it. Mallory pulls a small book out of his jacket pocket.]
- Mallory: And I... I thought this was appropriate: [quoting a Jack London book] "The function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." [sets the book down, grabs a glass of his own and stands. Tanner begins a circle-wide toast.]
- Tanner: To James.
- Nomi: James.
- Q: James.
- Moneypenny: James.
- Mallory: James... [They all drink to his memory.] Right. Back to work. [clinks the glass on the table.]
- Bond is Back.
- The mission that changes everything begins.
- Daniel Craig - James Bond
- Rami Malek - Lyutsifer Safin
- Lea Seydoux - Madeleine Swann
- Lashana Lynch - Nomi
- Ben Whishaw - Q
- Naomie Harris - Eve Moneypenny
- Jeffrey Wright - Felix Leiter
- Christoph Waltz - Ernst Stavro Blofeld
- Ralph Fiennes - Gareth Mallory/M
- Billy Magnussen - Logan Ash
- David Dencik - Valdo Obruchev
- Ana de Armas - Paloma
- Rory Kinnear - Bill Tanner
- Dali Benssalah - Primo / "Cyclops"
- Lisa-Dorah Sonnet - Mathilde
- No Time to Die quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Official website