Nier is an action role-playing video game developed by Cavia and published by Square Enix. It was released for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in Australia, Europe, Japan and North America in April 2010. In Japan, the game was an Xbox 360 exclusive titled Nier Gestalt, while an alternate version titled Nier Replicant was released for PlayStation 3 with a younger main character.
- See also: Drakengard
- Grimoire Weiss: Bah, stop! Stop! For the love of all that is holy, stop pounding me!
- Nier: Then move!
- Grimoire Weiss: I wonder if these people use the same mask for life?
- Nier: I hadn't thought about it. ...I hope they wash those things?
- Kaine: You've been wearing the same shitty clothes since I met you.
- Grimorie Weiss:There is nothing more filthy than your underwear, hussy!
- Kaine: What, this? I don't wear the same one all the time, I have a different set for everyday of the week. And every night I scrub them with soap and water. So you bet your ass that I'm cleaner than either of you!
- Grimorie Weiss: My word...
- Nier: [after Closure sidequest] Makes you wonder what the point of everything is. Life is hard, and it seems the right thing is rarely the happy thing.
- Grimoire Weiss: Pah! It's only as complicated as you choose to make it. Was the old woman happy? Unhappy? Who can say. One can never know for true. You simply make your best attempt and move on.