person that is overly intellectual, obsessive, or socially impaired, while tending to conduct characteristic activities like computing and science
(Redirected from Nerds)
- Nerds... the 'nerd' has never been precisely defined, thanks to the psychological complexity of the creature. The word has connotations of some level of intelligence. The typical nerd is a male with intelligence but no sense of giving it a manly face.
- Tom Wolfe, Eunuchs of the Universe Tom Wolfe on Wall Street Today, 4 January 2013
- The Italian Nerd does not exist (Nerd in the style of Gary Numan and Kraftwerk, of The Feelies and Devo). The Italian male does not feel / recognize the relevance of nerddom. This was felt at the Milan airport as a patrician black-clad gentleman moved the croissant into his mouth with gusto. The nerds, or what was left of them, were offered American coffee.
- David Woodard and Christian Kracht, Five Years (2011)
- That's the wonderful thing with nerds: they're enthusiasts. Not having a life means you get to love things with a passion and nobody bothers you about it.
- John Burnside, The Glister, p. 82
- I get obsessed by little nerdy things in my corner that no one else is interested in.
- Bjork, Björk: A Project
- Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.
- I was a nerd growing up, and I'm a little antisocial and awkward.
- Someone who doesn't take herself too seriously and can be a goofball. Because everyone's a nerd inside, I don't care how cool you are.
- I'm the biggest nerd - I love comic books and stuff like that!
- Megan Fox, Megan Fox: 'Biggest Nerd', likes comic books, men over girlfriends, 23 September 2008
- Call me a nerd if you like, but I do find it hard to leave home without my laptop and a good book.
- Well, I think that everybody is kind of a nerd at heart.
- Simon Helberg, Simon Helberg Talks The Big Bang Theory and Dr. Horrible Sequel 19 September 2009