Nadine Dorries (née Bargery; born 21 May 1957) is a British Conservative Party politician who is the Member of Parliament for the Mid Bedfordshire parliamentary constituency.First elected at the 2005 general election she has become known for campaigning on socially conservative issues such attempting to reduce the time limit after which an abortion cannot be legally performed. During November 2012, Dorries participated in I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! without the permission of her party's chief whip leading to her suspension from membership of the Conservative Party for six months.
- My blog is 70% fiction and 30% fact. It is written as a tool to enable my constituents to know me better and to reassure them of my commitment to Mid Bedfordshire. I rely heavily on poetic licence and frequently replace one place name/event/fact with another.
- Explaining one of her blog practices, 21 October 2010
- Two posh boys who don't know the price of milk
- Comment about Prime Minister David Cameron and Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne, 23 April 2012
- Gay marriage is a policy which has been pursued by the metro elite gay activists and needs to be put into the same bin [as reform of the House of Lords].
- Comment in article published on the CosnservativeHome website, 6 May 2012
- Be seen within a mile of my daughters and I will nail your balls to the floor... using your own front teeth. Do you get that?
- Tweet sent to Ben Glaze, a journalist on the Sunday Mirror newspaper, reported by Darren Boyle "Tory MP tells Sunday Mirror reporter 'I'll nail your balls to the floor' in Twitter rant", Press Gazette, 24 November 2013