mixture of water and any combination of soil, silt, and clay
|This article about nature is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Mud! Mud! Glorious mud!
Nothing quite like it for cooling the blood.
So, follow me, follow, down to the hollow,
And there let us wallow in glorious mud.
- Michael Flanders, The Hippopotamus Song
- I, too, saw God through mud -
The mud that cracked on cheeks when wretches smiled.
War brought more glory to their eyes than blood,
And gave their laughs more glee than shakes a child.
- Mud and rain and wretchedness and blood.
Why should jolly soldier-boys complain?
God made these before the roofless Flood -
Mud and rain.
- Siegfried Sassoon, Mud and Rain
- O German mother dreaming by the fire,
While you are knitting socks to send your son
His face is trodden deeper in the mud.