Michael Stevens (educator)
|This People article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Hey Vsauce, Michael here.
- beginning quote to his videos
- The pyramids of Giza were as old to the ancient Romans, as the ancient Romans are to us.
- Compared to what human life has mainly been like here on earth, our current societies are WEIRD.
- "Our Narrow Slice", Vsauce (8 October 2013)
- What I'm trying to say is... I'm not going to say, "I hate" anything I ever made — but I will say this: My mother is much more proud of what I do now, than all of the fart-joke videos I did in the past.
- Responding to the question "What is your least favorite video?", in "IAMA: Michael Stevens of Vsauce" Reddit (29 April 2014)
- We are finite creatures. Our lives are small and can only scientifically consider a small part of reality. What's common for us is just a sliver of what's available. We can only see so much of the electromagnetic spectrum. We can only delve so deep into extensions of space. Common sense applies to that which we can access. But common sense is just that. Common. If total sense is what we want, we should be prepared to accept that we shouldn't call infinity weird or strange. The results we've arrived at by accepting it are valid, true within the system we use to understand, measure, predict and order the universe. Perhaps the system still needs perfecting, but at the end of day, history continues to show us that the universe isn't strange. We are.
- "Perhaps you and I were born too late to explore the world and too early in history to explore the stars, but we were born at just the right time, which is pretty much all times ever, to explore language. to explore what can be said. What should be said. What should we send out to space. what that can be said will you be the first to say?"
- "Messages for the Future", Vsauce (23 September, 2015)