Manos: The Hands of Fate
1966 film by Harold P. Warren
Manos: The Hands of Fate is a 1966 American horror film about a family on vacation who lose their way while on a road trip and are trapped in a lodge with people following a devil cult. It is considered one of the worst films ever made.
- Directed and screenplay by Harold P. Warren.
It's Shocking! It's Beyond Your Imagination! Taglines
- I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.
- There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here.
- You were his first wife, but he's grown sick of you. He doesn't want you anymore, I don't even want you anymore!
- You have failed us, Torgo. For this, you must die.
- Manos, god of primal darkness. As thou has decreed so have I done. The hands of fate have doomed this man. Thy will is done.
- Arise, my wifes. Give ear to the words of Manos. Arise, my wives! And hear the will of Manos.
- [last lines] I am Michael. I take care of the place while the Master is away.
- [repeated line] Mike, I'm scared.
The Closing SignEdit
- The End?
- Michael: Hey, Torgo, where's the phone? Yes, Alexander Graham Bell, you know, telephone?
- Torgo: There is no phone here, sir. The Master does not approve of such devices.
- Margaret: Then... then where is the nearest phone?
- Torgo: The nearest phone is at the crossroads. That's ten miles.
- Margaret: Ten miles? Might as well be ten THOUSAND miles!
- Michael: [getting mad] Easy, honey! It won't help to get mad!
- It's Shocking! It's Beyond Your Imagination!
- A cult of weird, horrible people who gather beautiful women only to deface them with a burning hand!
- No one seated the last 10 minutes! We defy you to guess the ending... and ask you not to divulge it!
- Tom Neyman — The Master
- John Reynolds — Torgo
- Diane Mahree — Margaret
- Hal Warren — Michael
- Jackey Neyman — Debbie