Dr. Jed HillEdit
- I'm the new guy around here and I want to make friends, so I'll say this to you and we'll start fresh. If you don't like my jokes, don't laugh. If you have a medical opinion, then please speak up and speak up loud. But if you ever again tell me or my surgical staff that we're going to lose a patient, I'm gonna take out your lungs with a fuckin' ice cream scoop. Do you understand me?
- The question is, 'Do I have a 'God Complex'?...which makes me wonder if this lawyer has any idea as to the kind of grades one has to receive in college to be accepted at a top medical school. Or if you have the vaguest clue as to how talented someone has to be to lead a surgical team. I have an M.D. from Harvard, I am board certified in cardio-thoracic medicine and trauma surgery, I have been awarded citations from seven different medical boards in New England, and I am never, ever sick at sea. So I ask you; when someone goes into that chapel and they fall on their knees and they pray to God that their wife doesn't miscarry or that their daughter doesn't bleed to death or that their mother doesn't suffer acute neural trauma from postoperative shock, who do you think they're praying to? Now, go ahead and read your Bible, Dennis, and you go to your church, and, with any luck, you might win the annual raffle. But if you're looking for God, he was in operating room number two on November 17, and he doesn't like to be second guessed. You ask me if I have a God complex? Let me tell you something: I am God.
- Bad things happen to good people all the time, Andy, for no reason whatsoever.
- Ask God how many shots of bourbon he had before he cut me open.
- What the fuck do you think I want, Trace? I want half.
- Tracy: What do you want?
- Andy: What does everyone want? I want the Red Sox to win the World Series.
- [as the elevator doors open]
- Andy: Speak of the Devil
- Jed: And the Devil shall appear
- Her doctor wasn't playing God. He thought he was God.
- Deception. Betrayal. Murder. Some things you never see coming.