leader of the Nation of Islam
- The die is set, and Malcolm shall not escape, especially after such evil foolish talk about his benefactor, Elijah Muhammad. Such a man as Malcolm is worthy of death.
- Muhammad Speaks (4 December 1964)
- So I said to the members of the press, 'Why won't you go and look into what we are saying about the threats on Reverend Jackson's life?' Here the Jews don't like Farrakhan and so they call me 'Hitler'. Well that's a good name. Hitler was a very great man. He wasn't great for me as a Black man but he was a great German and he rose Germany up from the ashes of her defeat by the united force of all of Europe and America after the First World War. Yet Hitler took Germany from the ashes and rose her up and made her the greatest fighting machine of the twentieth century, brothers and sisters, and even though Europe and America had deciphered the code that Hitler was using to speak to his chiefs of staff, they still had trouble defeating Hitler even after knowing his plans in advance. Now I'm not proud of Hitler's evil toward Jewish people, but that's a matter of record. He rose Germany up from nothing. Well, in a sense you could say there is a similarity in that we are rising our people up from nothing, but don't compare me with your wicked killers.
- Farrakhan calls Hitler a great man during a speech broadcast on a Chicago radio station (11 March 1984)
- The Jews talk about "never again."… You cannot say "Never again" to God because when he puts you in the oven, you're in one indeed!… "Never again" don't mean a damn thing when God get ready for you!
- "People Organized and Working for Economic Rebirth," sermon at Madison Square Garden (7 October 1985)
- I believe that for the small numbers of Jewish people in the United States, they exercise a tremendous amount of influence on the affairs of government ...Yes, they exercise extraordinary control, and black people will never be free in this country until they are free of that kind of control ...
- Meet The Press interview, The Guardian (April 1997)
- It seems like being gay or whatever sin you wish to be a part of is okay ... but I have the duty to lift that gay person up to the standard to ask if they want to live the life that God wants them to or live the lifestyle that they want to live.
- Boston speech, The Guardian (August 1997)
- The Jews have been so bad at politics they lost half their population in the Holocaust. They thought they could trust in Hitler, and they helped him get the Third Reich on the road.
- Saviours' Day speech, Chicago, The Guardian (February 1998)
- "White people are potential humans - they haven't evolved yet."
- Philadelphia Inquirer, The Guardian (March 2000)
- My time is up. I believe … that my time to be with my spiritual father and his sender has come. And your time to go through serious trial has come.
- As quoted in "Farrakhan in Speech: 'My Time Is Up' " by Jeff Karoub ABC News (26 February 2007)
- Our lips are full of praise, but our hearts are far removed from the prophets we all claim. That's why the world is in the shape that it's in.
- Iran should not be denied the human right to knowledge...the fear of America is Iran's attitude to Israel, and the cornerstone of America's foreign policy is the protection of Israel... If Iran believes in Allah, and if Iran believes in the power of Allah, Iran can't be frightened by America.
- I know something of the good of Moammar Gadhafi that made me to love him as a brother and to feel a great sense of loss at his assassination, He died in honor, fighting for the Libya that he believed in.
- Death is sweeter than continued life under tyranny. ... Retaliation is a prescription from God. ... We must rise up and kill those who kill us. .. Let them feel the pain of death that we are feeling.
- August 15, 2015 (15 August 2015)
- The Jews have control over those agencies of government. When you want something in this world, the Jew holds the door.
- How the rise of conspiracy theory politics emboldens anti-Semitism Vox.com, (February 2018)
- Satanic Jews have infected the whole world with poison and deceit.
- Black-Jewish Relations: Minister Louis Farrakhan - In His Own Words Jewish Virtual Library (27 May 2018)
- I have not said one word of hate. I do not hate Jewish people. Not one that is with me has ever committed a crime against the Jewish people, black people, white people, no matter what your color is. As long as you don’t attack us, we don’t bother you.
- Farrakhan speaks of ‘satanic Jews’ in talk at Catholic church Jewish Telegraphic Agency (9 May 2019)
- Farrakhan: Is the Federal Reserve owned by the government?
Farrakhan: Who owns the Federal Reserve?
Farrakhan: The same year they set up the IRS, they set up the FBI. And the same year they set up the Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith... It could be a coincidence... [I want] to see black intellectuals free... I want to see them not controlled by members of the Jewish community.
- Dallas Observer (10 August 2000)