United States Representative from Texas
Louis Buller "Louie" Gohmert, Jr. (born 18 August 1953) is an American politician from the U.S. state of Texas. He is the current Republican U.S. Representative from the Texan First Congressional District.
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- It appeared that [the terrorists] would have young women, who became pregnant, would get them into the United States to have a baby. And then they would turn back where they could be raised and coddled as future terrorists. Twenty, thirty years down the road, they can be sent in to help destroy our way of life.
- I had this discussion with some wonderful, caring Democrats earlier this week on the issue of, well, they said "surely you could agree to limit the number of rounds in a magazine, couldn’t you? How would that be problematic?" And I pointed out, well, once you make it ten, then why would you draw the line at ten? What's wrong with nine? Or eleven? And the problem is once you draw that limit; it’s kind of like marriage when you say it’s not a man and a woman any more, then why not have three men and one woman, or four women and one man, or why not somebody has a love for an animal?
- Congressman Links Popular Gun Safety Measure To Bestiality, April 2, 2013
- You spend a couple million dollars running for Congress, people get tired of seeing your face.
Speech to the United States House of Representatives (July 2015)Edit
- Speech to the United States House of Representatives (10 July 2015), video
- In the heartlands of Islam, from Saudi mansions to ISIS dungeons, there are still slaves, laboring, beaten, bought, sold, raped and disposed of in Mohammed's name.
- We ought to look at what they stood for and perhaps ban any political organization from participating in Congress for upholding the abomination that slavery was.
- What if you could decide what 40 people you put on the spacecraft that would save humanity, how many of those would be same-sex couples? You’re wanting to save humankind for posterity, basically a modern-day Noah, you have that ability to be a modern day Noah, you can preserve life. How many same-sex couples would you take from the animal kingdom and from humans to put on a spacecraft to perpetuate humanity and the wildlife kingdom?