Little Black Book (film)
2004 film by Nick Hurran
Little Black Book is a 2004 American comedy-drama film about a woman who snoops through her boyfriend's PalmPilot and reveals his former girlfriends, which causes her to question why they're still listed in his little black book.
- Directed by Nick Hurran. Written by Melissa Carter and Elisa Bell.
- Question: How does a girl who falls no, actually she jumps... Eyes open, down a rabbit hole, plummeting into chaos come out the other end unchanged? The answer. She doesn't. See, I know, because that girl is me.
- I've spent a life time looking for the truth and I have become the lie. Maybe some secrets should just stay secret.
- Perhaps luck exists somewhere between the world of planning, the world of chance, and the peace that comes from knowing that you just can't know it all.
- I should tear your eyes out right now, but how would you ever be able to look at yourself in the morning?
- I felt like a lying sack of fertilizer. Knowing what I knew and not knowing what I didn't and knowing more than anything that I had to know more.
- There are moments in life when you hope your decisions weren't rash. And moments where you just know.
- I should have felt happier at that moment. I had won. But the cost was high and the victory hollow. I had taken a good friend from someone I loved. And nothing about that felt right.
- I believe we write our own stories. And each time we think we know the end...we don't. Perhaps luck exists somewhere between the world of planning, the world of chance, and in peace that comes from knowing that you just can't know it all. You know, life's funny that way. Once you let go of the wheel, you might end up right where you belong.
- A clean break is easier. You can reset it, and it heals, and you move on, but if you leave things messy, and things don't get put right, then it just hurts, for ever.
- Ira, regurgitate something fresh.
- Ira: Meet our new associate producer, Stacy Hoyt.
- Stacy: Holt.
- Ira: Whatever.
- Lulu: I didn't date much. I was shy. And ugly.
- Stacy: [voice over] Why do supermodels say how ugly they were when they were young? Is it because they want us to know they suffered? Do they think that it makes them more deserving? That we'll forgive them their bounty? Note to supermodels: None of us believe you.
- Lulu: No one invited me to the prom.
- Barb: [dismissive] Makes you stronger.
- Stacy: Every plan that I had for my life went so unbelievably wrong.
- Bean: John Lennon said, "Life happens when you're busy making other plans."
- Stacy: Then he got shot.
- Bean: Right. You just gotta live. Stop planning your moves. Let 'em happen. I mean, you might be surprised.
- Brittany Murphy - Stacy Holt
- Katie Murphy - Stacy (age 7)
- Holly Hunter - Barb Campbell-Dunn
- Ron Livingston - Derek
- Julianne Nicholson - Joyce Moore
- Kathy Bates - Kippie Kann
- Stephen Tobolowsky - Carl
- Kevin Sussman - Ira Nachlis
- Rashida Jones - Dr. Rachel Keyes
- Josie Maran - Lulu Fritz
- Dan Benson - Phillip
- Dave Annable - Bean
- Sharon Lawrence - Mom
- Gavin Rossdale - Barista
- Yvette Nicole Brown - Production assistant
- Marshall Allman - Trotsky
- Ben Ziff - Frank
- Johnny Pacar (uncredited) - Jamal
- Carly Simon (uncredited) - Herself