Licio Gelli (April 21, 1919 – December 15, 2015) was an Italian financier, liaison officer between the Italian government and Nazi Germany, chiefly known for his role in the Banco Ambrosiano scandal. He was revealed in 1981 as being the Venerable Master of the clandestine lodge Propaganda Due.
|This political figure article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I am a fascist and will die a fascist.
- "Licio Gelli, financier - obituary". The Daily Telegraph. December 16, 2015. Retrieved on 16 August 2018.
- Every morning I speak to my conscience and the dialogue calms me down. I look at the country, read the newspaper, and think: 'All is becoming a reality little by little, piece by piece'. To be truthful, I should have had the copyright to it. Justice, TV, public order. I wrote about this 30 years ago.... Berlusconi is an extraordinary man, a man of action. This is what Italy needs: not a man of words, but a man of action.
- Rebello, Lara (December 17, 2015). "Italy: Masonic leader Licio Gelli dies at 96". International Business Times. Retrieved on 16 August 2018.
- It is not up to us to deliver judgments. Only God will be able to tell the truth.
- Hooper, John (December 29, 2015). "Licio Gelli obituary". The Guardian. Retrieved on 16 August 2018.
- We had Italy in our hands. We would never have wanted to attack, but we were like a sentinel, carefully ensuring that the Communist party should never emerge.
- Politi, James (December 17, 2015). "Licio Gelli, fascist and masonic chief". Financial Times. Retrieved on 16 August 2018.
Quotes about Licio GelliEdit
- Italy, it must be recorded with honesty, albeit bemusement, has produced few more remarkable individuals this century than Licio Gelli.
- Rupert Cornwell, in Roberts, Sam (December 18, 2015). "Licio Gelli, Italian Financier and Cabal Leader, Dies at 96". The New York Times. Retrieved on 16 August 2018.
- I think every citizen of Bologna has a reaction to that surname. It would have been good if he had never set foot in our country and our city.