Lee Hsien Loong
3rd and current Prime Minister of Singapore
Lee Hsien Loong (born 10 February 1952) has been the Prime Minister of Singapore since 2004. He is the son of former Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew.
- "There is no policy too sensitive to question, and no subject so taboo that you cannot even mention it."
- DPM Lee Hsien Loong, Straits Times, 17 Jan 2000
- "Right now we have Low Thia Khiang, Chiam See Tong, Steve Chia. We can deal with them. Suppose you had 10, 15, 20 opposition members in Parliament. Instead of spending my time thinking what is the right policy for Singapore, I'm going to spend all my time thinking what's the right way to fix them, to buy my supporters votes, how can I solve this week's problem and forget about next year's challenges?"
- On why Singaporeans cannot vote in too many Opposition candidates. Channel NewsAsia, May 3, 2006. Politics and Change in Singapore and Hong Kong
- You put out a funny podcast, you talk about bak chor mee. I will say mee siam mai hum.
- National Day Rally, 2006
- I thanked the President [George W. Bush] for the steadfastness and resolve with which he's tackling the very complicated problems in the Middle East and Iraq, as well as the Israel-Palestinian issue....It's critical for us in Southeast Asia that America does that.... because it affects America's standing in Asia and the world, and also the security environment in Asia because extremists, the jihadists, watch carefully what's happening in the Middle East and take heart, or lose heart, depending on what's happening.
- Our citizens put up chilies and onions to prevent the rain from falling.
- 2008 Singapore Grand Prix
- "(In) Shanghai, if you want some pork soup, you just turn on the tap."
- "The Offending Words and Images, in their natural and ordinary meaning, mean and were understood to mean that I, as the Prime Minister of Singapore and Chairman of GIC, am guilty of criminal misappropriation of the monies paid by Singaporeans to the CPF."
- Lee in his defamation lawsuit against CPF activist Roy Ngerng.
- If you calculate the price of everything in this world, you will miss out on the real important things.
- Lee answered question about the cost of 2018 Trump-Kim summit.