Last words in Batman media
Following is a list of last words from various Batman media.
- 1 Live-action films
- 2 Animated films
- 3 Comic books
- 4 Television
- 5 Video Games
- 6 See also
- Jack, listen. Maybe we can cut a deal.
- Who: Carl Grissom
- Note: Character pleads to Jack Napier to spare him. This is when Jack reveals himself as the Joker. The Joker then shoots Grissom, killing him.
- What if we say no?
- Who: Antoine Rotelli
- Note: After refusing to work with the Joker, who is currently disguised as Jack Napier, Rotelli is convinced by him to shake hands to end the negotiation peacefully. However, the Joker is revealed to be wearing a lethal Joy Buzzer and uses it to burn Rotelli alive when he returns the handshake.
- Sometimes I just kill myself.
- Who: The Joker
- Note: Shortly afterwards, as he tried to escape via a rope ladder thrown from a helicopter, the Joker was tied to a nearby gargoyle by Batman's grapple gun. The additional weight slowly dragged Joker off the ladder, causing him to plummet to his death far below.
Batman Returns (1992)
- Go ahead, hit me.
- Who: Red Triangle Circus Strongman
- Note: After confronting Batman in an alley, the Strongman dares him to hit him. After Batman quickly punches him and leaves the Strongman seemingly unaffected, he laughs at the attack- however, it is revealed to be a diversion when he notices that a Bomb has been stuffed down his pants by Batman. The Strongman is then thrown down an open manhole, moments before the Bomb detonates and kills him.
- She let me go. I think 'cause I reasoned with her, girl to girl.
- Who: Ice Princess
- Note: After Penguin and Catwoman had earlier kidnapped the Ice Princess, Catwoman takes her to the top of a tall building. After Batman arrives, he finds the Ice Princess placed precariously on the edge of the building. As he moves over to help her, Penguin appears and uses a trick umbrella full of bats to swarm her, causing her to panic and fall off the side of the building to her death, successfully framing Batman for the deed.
- One way to find out.
- Who: Max Shreck
- Note: Max Shreck had a gun and attempted to take out Catwoman's "nine lives", but ran out of bullets with two left. Catwoman then kisses Shreck with a taser and a high-voltage cable from a nearby air conditioning unit, electrocuting him. Batman finds Shreck's charred corpse in the remains of Penguin's lair.
- This heat's getting to me...I'll murder you momentarily. But first, I need a cool drink...of iced...water.
Batman Forever (1995)
- Why yes, of course- you're right, Bruce. Emotion is always the enemy of true justice. Thank you. You've always been a good friend.
- Who: Harvey "Two-Face" Dent
- Note: Two-Face encountered Batman, Robin and Chase Meridian below Riddler's lair, and was about to shoot them when Batman reminded Harvey that he needed to flip his coin first. After thanking him, Harvey flips the coin, but Batman throws decoy replicas of his coin toward him. Harvey loses track of which coin is his, which causes him to panic and fall off the support structure he was standing on, plunging to his death into a half-submerged bed of spikes far below. His real coin falls into the palm of his hand as his body sinks.
Batman & Robin (1997)
- Dr... Isley? Pamela?(!) You look great... especially for a dead woman!
- Who: Dr. Jason Woodrue
- Notes: Having supposedly murdered his former co-worker Pamela Isley, Woodrue witnesses her rebirth as Poison Ivy before his very eyes. Instantly and completely smitten with her newfound irresistible beauty, he quickly succumbs to her seductive advances and indulges in a long, passionate kiss initiated by her. However, he is then gleefully informed by her that as result of her resurrection, her lips were now deadly poisonous. Dr. Woodrue is instantly overcome by the poison and chokes to death.
- [Poison Ivy: We give you life... and we can take it way just as easily!] Right! Whatever! (chuckle dismissively) [I really am to die for...]
- Who: Mr. Freeze's posted guards in Arkham Asylum
- Notes: Poison Ivy, having infiltrated Arkham Asylum under guise as Freeze's "sister", seduced his guards into a love-drunk stupor using plant pheromones- insinuating that while [Mother Nature] can grant life to mankind, [she] can "take it away just as easily". She then kisses them both with her poisonous lips, quickly and painfully killing both men.
Batman Begins (2005)
- Who: Martha Wayne
- Notes: Said after her husband, Thomas Wayne, has been shot. She is then shot immediately afterwards.
- Bruce. It's okay. Don’t be afraid.
- Who: Thomas Wayne
- Notes: Character, Bruce Wayne's father, is dying of a gunshot wound after being mugged. They had stepped out of a theater when Bruce had been frightened by a performance.
- What the hell is this?
- Who: Carl Finch
- Notes: Finch, Gotham's District Attorney, is assassinated after saying this because he discovers a machine that is part of the League of Shadows plan to destroy Gotham.
- Have you finally learned to do what is necessary?
- Who: Ra's al Ghul
- Notes: Batman had saved the character earlier in the film, thinking that he was not Ra's Al Ghul himself. Batman responds to Ra's Al Ghul's last words by saying that although he will not kill Ra's, he "doesn't have to save him", and escapes. Ra's then accepts his fate, and proceeds to calmly meditate just before the monorail train he is in derails and crashes.
The Dark Knight (2008)
- Nah, I'm done here.
- Who: Dopey
- Note: Character is a member of a group of bank robbers. He is assigned with shutting down the alarm. The Joker, however, ordered Happy, another member of the gang, to shoot Dopey after this. Happy complied.
- On the ground! Stay on the ground! Nobody make a move! Nobody! Stay down!
- Who: Unnamed bank robber
- Note: Character is a member of a group of bank robbers. He is in charge of "giving the stick up" while the other members do their jobs, but the manager of the bank, who works for the mafia, and had armed himself with a shotgun, shoots him dead after Happy breaks open the lock on the bank vault and the Joker and Grumpy finish tying everyone in the bank up.
- What? No, NO!
- Who: Happy
- Note: Character is a member of a group of bank robbers. He opens the vault. The Joker ordered Grumpy, another member of the gang to shoot Happy when this was done. Grumpy asked Happy where Dopey went. Happy complied that the Joker ordered him to kill Dopey when he had shut off the alarm. Grumpy said that the Joker told [him] something similar, before shooting Happy to death.
- Bus driver? What bus driver?
- Who: Grumpy
- Note: Character is a member of a group of bank robbers. He asks another one of the members (the Joker in disguise) if he had been ordered to kill him when the robbery was complete (because he was ordered to kill Happy (which he did) who killed Dopey and had correctly assumed he was next). The Joker then replies that "[he will] kill the bus driver". Grumpy is then killed by a school bus that drives through the wall behind him. The driver in question (another member of the gang) is then murdered by the Joker himself.
- What happened to the rest of the guys?
- Who: Chuckles
- Note: Character is a member of a group of bank robbers. He arrives via a school bus and accidently runs over Grumpy in the process. Not knowing that all of the other bank robbers have been killed by each other, (except for one unnamed one who was killed in self defense by the bank manager) he is killed by the Joker after saying the line.
- So, dead? That's five-hundred.
- Who: Gambol
- Note: Gambol is the head of an African American mob who had put a bounty on the joker "500$ Dead one million alive so i can teach him some manners". He is approached by three men who claim to have killed him. Said before the Joker grabs him and slices his left cheek open.
- How'd they get my DNA?
- Who: Commissioner Loeb
- Note: Said when Gordon says his DNA was found, making him a target of the Joker, before drinking poisoned scotch.
- Is that a phone?
- Who: Police officer
- Note: Said when he sees a cell phone planted by the Joker glowing inside one of his henchmen, which then explodes.
- It's okay, Harvey. It's all right. Listen... some--
- Who: Rachel Dawes
- Note: Character is trying to tell Harvey Dent over the phone that someone will rescue her before a large bomb in the room goes off. The bomb explodes and she is killed before the police can reach her.
- (The Joker: All you care about is money. This town deserves a better class of criminal, and I'm gonna give it to them. Tell your men they work for me now. This is my city.) They won't work for a freak!
- Who: The Chechen
- Note:The Chechen is a mob boss who had just been betrayed by the Joker. Said to the Joker, after he tells him to tell his men they work for him now. The Joker then suggests chopping him up and feeding him to his dogs to "see how loyal a hungry dog really is," and he is dragged away by two thugs and killed off screen .
- (Two-Face: You're a lucky man. But he's not.) Who? (Two-Face: Your driver.)
- Who: Salvatore Maroni
- Note: Two-Face shoots his driver in the head, causing the car to crash.
- Tell your son it'll be all right, Gordon. Lie... like I lied.
- Who: Harvey Dent/Two-Face
- Note: Character is taunting James Gordon while holding his son hostage. He is referring to earlier in the film, when he tried to comfort Rachel Dawes. Before he can catch the deciding coin flip, Batman tackles him over the side of the building, where he breaks his neck upon impact with the ground.
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Well congratulations, you got yourself caught. Now what's the next step of your master plan?
- Who: Interrogating CIA Agent
- Note: Dies when Bane destroys the plane both of them are on, before Bane escapes with Dr. Leonid Pavel.
- Have we started a fire?
- Who: Bane's Henchman
- Note: About to escape from CIA custody with Bane when the latter informs him that one of them must stay behind in the plane as 'they expect one of us in the wreckage'. He asks this question, to which Bane replies that they have, before staying behind to die in the crash.
- You're pure evil.
- Who: John Daggett
- Note: Says this to Bane, who counters "I'm necessary evil" before snapping his neck.
- A training exercise, that’s all. If you’ll excuse me, I’ve got tickets to watch our boys thrash Rapid City.
- Who: Mayor Garcia
- Note: Says this to a reporter who questions the masses of cops going underground to get Bane, before attending a football game that is attacked by a series' of explosions from Bane and his men, killed by one that goes off in his viewing box.
- Only me.
- Who: Dr. Leonid Pavel
- Note: Said in response to Bane asking him who can defuse the nuclear bomb just activated in front of the entire Gotham City football field, before Bane snaps his neck.
- Has anyone ever made it?
- Who: Stryver
- Note: Asks Bane's mercenaries this upon being sentenced to 'exile' by walking across thin ice in the Gotham City river, falling in and drowning shortly after walking out.
- I'll die before I talk.
- Who: Undercover cop
- Note: Mortally wounded by Bane's mercenaries before Bane corners him, at which point he says this before Bane crushes his windpipe with his knee.
- Keep moving forward! Flank them at the stairs!
- Who: Peter Foley
- Note: Shouts to the 3,000 cops with him to move forward in attacking Bane's mercenaries, and is later killed by Talia Al Ghul in command of one of the stolen Tumblers.
- We both know that I have to kill you now. You'll just have to imagine the fire.
- Who: Bane
- Note: Bane is taunting Batman as he prepares to execute him with a shotgun. Just as he prepares to do so, Selina Kyle suddenly appears on a Batpod, and, using a cannon, shoots Bane, killing him instantly.
- Fox showed me how to override the reactor...including the emergency flood. There's no way this bomb will be stopped. Prepare yourselves. My father's work is done.
- Who: Talia al Ghul
- Note: Despite Batman forcing her truck off the road with a bomb set to go off and being mortally wounded, Talia believes she has fulfilled her father's mission of destroying Gotham City, but Batman manages to move the bomb over Gotham Bay, seeming to sacrifice himself in the process.
- [Joker: How about another joke?] No, I think we'd had enough of your jokes. [Joker: What do you get...] I don't think so. [Joker: ...when you cross...] I think we're done here now, thank you. [Joker: ...a mentally-ill loner with a society that abandoned him AND TREATS HIM LIKE TRASH?!?!] Call the police, Gene. [Joker: I'LL TELL YOU WHAT YOU GET!!] Call the police. [Joker: YOU GET WHAT YOU FUCKING DESERVE!!!]
- Who: Murray Franklin
- Note: Franklin invited Arthur Fleck (now calling himself "Joker") to be a guest on his talk show. During the interview, Joker confesses to several murders and goes on a misanthropic rant, prompting Franklin to cut the interview short and beckon his producer, Gene, to call the police. Joker's rant culminates in a "joke" which ends with him shooting Franklin in the head.
- He's got us running around, ripping out a lot of geek junk, but no cash! He won't tell us what his plan is, even if he has one! I want out! (Joker: If you insist.) Hey, man, take it easy! I-I was, I was just kidding!
- Who: Bonk
- Note: Character becomes defective to the Joker and says he wants out of the team. In response the Joker pulls out the gun and points it at him. In the original, uncut version, he pulls the trigger and the "Bang!" flag pops up, and he says, "So was I!" before the flag spear is fired at the character's chest, killing him; the Joker quickly adds, "Oops! No, I wasn't!" In the edited version, however, he just fires the laughing gas gun at the character, making him laugh to death.
- That's not funny. That's not... (gasp)... (uncut)
- Make him one of us. (edited)
- Come on, McGinnis! Laugh it up now, you miserable little punk! Laugh! (sing-song tone) I can't hear yooouuu!
- Who: The Joker
- Notes: Character technically dies twice in this story, but one of the scenes was edited, hence three quotes:
- The first occurs after being shot in the chest by Robin (Tim Drake) with a Spear Gun. Robin had been brainwashed into becoming the Joker's "son", and had a gun pointed at Batman (Bruce Wayne) before he finally rebelled.
- This scene is altered in the edited version. The Joker's gun in this version shoots laughing gas, and Robin throws the gun away and tackles the Joker into a vat of liquid instead of shooting him- this leads up to a scene where the Joker gets tangled up in cables and electrocuted off-screen.
- The Joker later returns using Tim Drake's body and, at the end, is strangling Batman (Terry McGinnis), who has driven him over the edge by mocking him. Batman manages to electrocute him using a lethal joy buzzer (one of the Joker's favorite weapons) and destroy the DNA chip he had been using to control Tim, permanently killing him and saving Drake.
The Batman vs. Dracula (2005)
- You're ....Bruce....Wayne...
- Who: Dracula
- Note: Dracula, about to be killed by Wayne Industries' solar absorbing machine, is shocked to realise Batman's true identity.
- (David Endocrine: So you think the Batman's the real sicko here.) Without a doubt. He's an obsessive-compulsive, narcissistic hero-complexed sociopath. I would love a shot at him as a patient.
- Who: Dr. Bartholomew Wolpert
- Notes: During an interview, character claims that the Joker is not responsible for the murders, that he's only a victim of Batman's psychotic obsession, and that Batman is the real sociopath. The Joker grabs a coffee mug and asks David Endocrine if he can keep it. After David complies, the Joker then smashes the mug and slits character's throat with its remnants.
- (Joker: Do guests get to keep these?) Heh. Sure, you do whatever you want with it. We got a closet full of them.
- Who: David Endochrine
- Notes: The Joker, annoyed by Dr. Wolpert's claims about Batman, asks character if he can keep the coffee mug. After character complies, the Clown Prince of Crime breaks the mug and slits Dr. Wolpert's throat with its remnants before adding, "So long as you won't miss it." Immediately after that, two Joker toxin mannequins crash into the talk show and spray the toxic gas that kills character and everyone in the audience except the Joker, who just smiles unflinched.
- You're in trouble now... Go ahead. Say this has never happened to you before. (Batman: Shut up!) Make me! Come on! Finish me! Ah, doesn't matter. I win. I made you lose control... Heh-heh-ha, and they'll kill you for it. Eh-heh-heh! See you... in hell! Ah-ha-ha-ha!
- Who: The Joker
- Notes: Just like in the comic book, Batman slightly breaks character's neck, paralyzing him in front of two witnesses who think Batman has killed him before they run away. Meanwhile, character urges Batman to finish him off, but Batman refuses. After character sees the witnesses run away, he declares that he has won, that he made the Dark Knight lose control, and that the latter will be branded as a murderer, just seconds before said character commits suicide by fully breaking his own neck, finishing the job himself. Afterward, Batman spits on the character's body before incinerating him to ashes.
Son of Batman (2014)
- Well, do it!
- Who: Deathstroke
- Note: Character says these words to Robin/Damian Wayne, who has defeated him after tricking him into damaging an acid glass, leaving him burnt and wounded, before Damian declines: "No. I'm my father's son too. I'm Robin," and leaves him behind as Deathstroke sinks in the seas along with his destroyed factory, presumably dying in the process.
Batman: Assault on Arkham (2014)
- You're lying. You would not take all of this trouble just to kill us.
- Who: KGBeast
- Note: After Waller warns the Suicide Squad that the chips in their necks are nanotech explosives which will blow their heads off if they disobey any orders from her, KGBeast says these words before she offers him to leave. He does so, but only to have his head blown off by the explosive as a sample of what will happen to the others if they do the same.
- Who: King Shark
- Note: Said after the nanotech bomb in his neck, which could not be defused by Riddler with electroshock because his skin was too thick, is detonated by a furious Amanda Waller, instantly blowing his head into pieces.
- Outta my way, Loser!
- Who: Killer Frost
- Note: Said to Captain Boomerang while trying to escape the chaotic battle in Arkham in a police car, only to a newly released Bane, however, grab it and throw it away with her, causing it to explode and apparently killing her.
Batman vs. Robin (2015)
- Why won't you listen?! Why won't you understand?! I love them! I love them! I...
- Who: Anton Schott/The Dollmaker
- Note: A strong man who was a near-victim of his serial killer father in childhood, Schott wears a broken doll mask and kidnaps children from Gotham City, turning them into cyborg dolls (with modifications like chainsaws implanted on their arms) in an abandoned toy factory. Schott claims that this way, they can never be hurt again. After fighting against Robin, he says these words before Damian threatens to kill him for what Schott had done, but only to spare his life. However, Schott is suddenly killed by Talon, who empales his Gauntlet Claws in his back and rips his heart out.
- Talon, my darling, Forget them. The two of us can...
- Who: Samantha Vanaver (Court of Owls Grandmaster)
- Note: After Talon turns against the Court of Owls, murdering as most of the members in his way, Samantha attempts to runs away, but only to Talon catch up with her and claim that he never really was nor will ever be like the other members. Samantha tries to calm him down, saying these words before they share a kiss, but only to Talon empale her stomach with his gauntlet's claws, saying: "Be honest. You would've done the same." and killing her.
- Don't doubt your instincts.
- Who: Talon
- Note: After Damian defeats Talon, holding a sai to his throat, and claims that Batman could never be replaced because he is his father, Talon says these words before he commits suicide by forcing Damian's sai through his neck, leaving Damian stunned and confused.
- I'm really... very disappointed with you, my sweet. The moment was perfect... and you... didn't have the nerve. Paralysis... really... Just an ounce or two more of pressure.. and... do I hear sirens? Yes, coming close... you won't get far... But then... it doesn't matter if you do, they'll kill you for this. And they'll never know that you didn't have the nerve. I'll see you in hell...
- Who: The Joker
- Upon realizing that many lives could have been saved by hurting and killing this character, early on. Batman breaks his neck and paralyzes him. The Joker then proceeds to commit suicide by twisting his own neck until it snaps, giving the police the impression that Batman had hurt and killed him by strangling him.
- Of course. How utterly proper.
- Who: Alfred Pennyworth
- The character has burned down Wayne Manor, his home and place of employment. Character immediately suffers a fatal stroke.
Batman: A Death in the Family (1988–1989)
- ...What's wrong?
- Who: Jason Todd (Robin)
- Note: After the Joker has beaten the character to a bloody pulp and left him and his mother, Sheila Haywood, in the warehouse with a ticking time bomb, she tries getting them both out, only for Jason to ask her what is happening and for her to discover that the door has been locked as the time bomb explodes. At this point, the comic ended with a chance for fans to vote by each 1-900 number on whether Jason should live or die. Since the "death" votes from the fans (5,343) overpowered their "life" votes (5,271) by 72, these are now Jason's final words.
- ...Such a... good boy... ...must have... really... loved his... mother... ...His... his... ugh...
- Who: Sheila Haywood
- Note: Character is found fatally injured from the time bomb explosion by Batman. In her final words, she reveals that her son Jason tried shielding her from the blast of the bomb set up by the Joker and ended up taking the full force of the blast before dying. But all too soon his sacrifice for her is in vain, as she dies shortly after speaking these final words. Batman feels that she is now gone and that "The pain is all behind her."
The Joker: Devil's Advocate (1996)
- (Ernest: Try my sock drawer. I bought some of those comedian stamps.) Perfect for you, Ernie.
- Who: Phyllis Kelleher
- Character asks her husband Ernest where her stamps are because she wants to send a thank you note to his cousin Clarice. He tells Phyllis that the stamps are in the sock drawer, and she leaves. Minutes later, when he searches for her, he finds her dead. When he is later found, he confesses that he killed her along with many others by poisoning the stamps with Joker Venom out of envy because she wouldn't stop nagging about his being late. Afterward, he would cover up his real motive by lying to news reporters and pin the blame on the Joker for the stamp murders.
Batman: The Long Halloween (1996–1997)
- To the Roman!
- Who: The Irish
- Note: A group of five Irish mob crooks who were celebrating being released after confessing to bombing Harvey Dent's house. After making a toast, they are all shot to death by Holiday.
- This is about Falcone. You gotta get the Roman before he gets you.
- Who: Luigi "Big Lou" Maroni
- Note: Sal Maroni's father. After saying the line to him, he is shot and killed by Holiday.
- Dent? Comin' after me? Is that why you're moving me? Let him come, that rat bast-
- Who: Salvatore "Sal" Maroni
- Note: Last words before being shot by Alberto Falcone.
- I'll burn it all down before I let a freak have it!
- Who: Carmine Falcone
- Note: This character makes this remark in regards to his fear of costumed criminals, in particular Two-Face, rising to power within Gotham City. In an ensuing fight between Batman and his rogues gallery, Falcone is shot in the head by Two-Face.
- Please don't kill me, Mr. Dent...
- Who: Vernon
- Note: Last words before Two-Face (Harvey Dent) flips his coin and shoots him to death.
Batman: Dark Victory (1999–2000)
- I am not my father. I just want to live.
- Who: Alberto "Holiday" Falcone
- Note: Character, having been shot, is talking to his sister Sofia, who compares his inability to take a bullet to his father's ability to take five. His sister then strangles him, revealing (to the reader) her identity as an elusive serial killer.
- You still protect him?! He betrayed you and this city. Everything you say you believe in.
- Who: Sofia Falcone Gigante
- Note: Character is talking to Batman about Harvey Dent, the former DA who had recently become the villain Two-Face. Character performed a year long serial killing spree, which would have ultimately ended with the death of Dent, who killed her father. She is interrupted by Batman as she attempts to kill Dent, who shot her in the head while she and Batman fought.
- Okay... see... they're not just brothers... twins...
- Who: Tony Zucco
- Note: After being chased down by Dick Grayson (soon to be Robin), Zucco suffers from a heart attack and, as he lays dying, confesses to various crimes and gives information that may connect the Maroni brothers to Two-Face.
Batman R.I.P. (2008)
- Rules are rules. The house always wins. The Black Glove always wins.
- Who: Dr. Simon Hurt
- While attempting to excape in a helicopter, this character threatens to release information presented Bruce Wayne's deceased parents as degenerates. Batman jumps onto the helicopter, causing it to crash into a body of water.
- There will always be a Joker. Because there is no cure for him. No cure at all... just a Batman.
- Who: Johnny Frost
- The final inner monologue of the character, before he falls off a bridge after having been shot in the throat by Joker. The story had been told from his perspective, and the character had frequent monologues throughout it to tell about himself and his views.
Batman: The Animated Series (1992–1995)
- My city! My people! WHAT HAVE I DONE?!
- Who: The Bat-Duplicate
- Notes: Character thought that he had unknowingly killed the real Batman by causing him to fall off a cliff in the Batcave, leaving a piece of his cape. He begins to destroy the Bat-computer where HARDAC is about to be loaded, causing both it and the Bat-duplicate to be destroyed. The real Batman survives by hanging on a cliff.
Batman Beyond (1999–2001)
- You're pretty strong... for some clown who thinks he's Batman.
- Who: Mr. Fixx
- Character is battling Terry McGinnis, the new Batman, in a submarine. Terry responds with "I am Batman!" before pushing him into a control pad to stun him. The sub soon goes critical and sinks, taking Mr. Fixx with it.
- Believe me, you're the only one who cares.
- Who: Mr. Freeze
- Character has just been urged by Terry to get out of a collapsing building.
- Who: Derek Powers, a.k.a. Blight
- He was betrayed by his own son, Paxton, who tried to overtake his business empire. Angry to the point of insanity, the radioactive villain unleashed so much radiation that he sunk a submarine and possibly killed himself, though his body was never found (he would return in the accompanying comic book series).
- WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?!
- Who: Dr. Abel Cuvier
- Character had spliced animal genes into himself, becoming a hybrid creature to fight Batman. Batman injected more and more samples into him, and the changes grew out of control. Eventually an explosion was triggered, destroying the warehouse and apparently Cuvier with it (although he would return in the accompanying comic book series).
Batman: Arkham Asylum (2009)
- Oh my God!
- Who: Dr. Penelope Young
- She tried to give Batman the security codes to every place in Arkham Island inside Warden Sharp's safe, but was killed when she triggered a bomb the Joker planted in there.
Batman: Arkham City (2011)
- Passcode... Wayne...
- Who: Hugo Strange
- He is dying from being impaled with a sword by Ra's al Ghul and activates a self-destruct sequence.
- No, no, no!
- Who: Ra's al Ghul
- Last words as Strange activates the self-destruct sequence. He jumps out and is grabbed by Batman, but apparently dies when he impales himself with a sword in an attempt to kill both of them and falls down on a fence. Because his body disappears, some have speculated that he's still alive.
- I'm sorry, beloved. I didn't know.
- Who: Talia al Ghul
- To Batman. Last words as she is dying from a gunshot wound inflicted by the Joker.
- That actually is... pretty funny...
- Who: The Joker
- Last words as he is dying from an illness. A response to when Batman tells him that, in spite of what he has done and will no doubt do again, he would still have given him the cure and saved him.
Batman: Arkham Origins (2013)
- You can't do this! I'm the Police Commissioner, dammit!
- Who: Commissioner Gillian B. Loeb
- An army of thugs, led by the Joker (who is posing as Black Mask), has captured the character and taken him to Blackgate Penitentiary, where they free Calendar Man from the gas chamber; the Joker then places the character into the same gas chamber and locks him tight, then turns on the gas that kills him.
- Help me. [giggles] Oh, God.
- Who: Gotham Merchants Bank Manager
- The Joker has taken over Gotham Merchants Bank and captured its manager. By the time Batman arrives, the Joker has already poisoned her with Joker toxin, turning her into an incomprehensible, laughing wreck. After the captured Black Mask (Roman Sionis) exposes and ruins the Joker's plans, the Clown Prince of Crime angrily beats him into submission for not "play[ing] along", then reveals himself in front of Batman. The manager barely manages to deliver these last words through the giggling before the Joker blows up the vault as Batman barely escapes with her. By the time he regains consciousness, he sees that the manager is already dead, a victim of the Clown Prince of Crime.
- Just who... the hell... are you? (Joker: I'm the man with the money... And the gun.)
- Who: Electrocutioner (Lester Buchinsky)
- After the Joker reveals himself in front of the character and the remaining assassins at the penthouse of the Royal Hotel, character asks him who he is; the Clown Prince of Crime then threatens to shoot him, then beats him into submission for failing to kill Batman earlier, right before tossing the character out of the penthouse and making him fall to his death.
Batman: Arkham Knight (2015)
- Nature always wins.
- Who: Poison Ivy
- Ivy had just sacrificed her life by awakening two ancient trees in order to stop Scarecrow's fear toxin from spreading. After speaking these final words, she disintegrates in Batman's arms, her final act being a heroic one.
- No, Bruce! Don't leave me! Please... I need you! (in-game)
- You're a great crowd. I'll be here all week; try the veal. (end credits)
- Who: The Joker
- Note: In this game, Joker (who died in Arkham City), exists as a projection inside Batman's mind. Before his death, Joker transported his diseased blood to Gotham hospitals and injected it into Batman. Combined with the Scarecrow's fear toxin, the Clown Prince of Crime is now poised to take over the Dark Knight's mind.
- The first occurs at game's end; with Batman's identity revealed as Bruce Wayne to all of Gotham on live television, Scarecrow's final dose of fear toxin comes before Batman's final struggle with Joker for control of his mind. Realizing Joker's greatest fear is being forgotten, Batman regains control, locking Joker away into the darkest reaches of his mind.
- The second occurs during the end credits; Joker has just finished singing a reprise of "Look Who's Laughing Now" lamenting about his fate as a bad memory better left forgotten.
- You don't need to do this. I'll give you money. Drugs! Guns! Weapons! Whatever you want. Please. I'll take a plane. Leave Gotham. Never show my face again. Anywhere you want. I'll go anywhere!
- Who: Black Mask
- In the Red Hood DLC, the titular character and former Arkham Knight (Jason Todd) had just gone after Black Mask in the middle of a planned arms deal between his henchmen and the Penguin's. Defeated, Black Mask begs to be spared, only to be answered with a sarcastic "How about you go to Hell?" After throwing Black Mask out the window to his death, Red Hood says "Say hi to Joker for me."
- Stubborn, stupid fool. It's why she loved you.
- Who: Nyssa Raatko
- In the Season of Infamy DLC story Shadow War, Batman had just injected Ra's al-Ghul with a life-saving amount of fluid from the Lazarus Pit (against the wishes of Ra's' daughter Nyssa). After Batman fights off the rebels led by Nyssa, Ra's regains his strength, mortally wounding Nyssa for her treachery and disappearing in a shadow. Although Batman offers to take Nyssa to the Lazarus Pit to be revived, she declines, mocking his moral code against taking human life and implying that as the reason he was her late sister Talia's "beloved" with her last breath.
Batman: The Telltale Series (2016)
- Tell Falcone...he's making a mistake...
- Who: Thomas Wayne
- In Episode 2 "Children of Arkham," Bruce Wayne, having realized his father Thomas worked with mob boss Carmine Falcone, returns to Crime Alley, reminiscing on the night his parents were murdered. Shortly before shooting Thomas, hitman Joe Chill said "Nothing personal, just business," implying that Falcone put a hit out on Thomas. After being shot, Thomas spoke these words as he lay dying.
- Who: Martha Wayne
- Said to her son Bruce after being shot (seen in the aforementioned flashback).
- You can't trust anyone in Gotham, least of all those you call "friend." Your parents learned that the har-
- Who: Carmine Falcone
- Said to Bruce Wayne while lying at the GCPD infirmary, answering Bruce's question of who ordered the hit on his parents if not Falcone. Midway through his second sentence, Falcone is shot dead by GCPD Sergeant Renee Montoya (who was acting under the influence of the Children of Arkham's drugs forcibly injected into her).
- Good evening, everyone, and welcome to our live debate for the next Mayor of Gotham City. This is an important debate for these two candidates, incumbent Mayor Hamilton Hill and the challenger, Gotham District Attorney Harvey Dent. And it's also important for you, the citizens of Gotham, who will soon head to the polls to decide the future of your home-a city that's faced its share of hardships in recent years. Rising crime rates, income inequality and yes, a masked vigilante loose on our streets. The candidates will tackle it all.
- Who: Unnamed Gotham City mayoral debate moderator
- Said to open the aforementioned debate between the two principal candidates in the election for Mayor of Gotham City. Shortly after his introduction, the moderator is gunned down by the Penguin and his Children of Arkham henchmen as they hijack the debate and hold the attendants hostage.
- I-I took out Thomas Wayne! That-that was all him-he didn't know when to stop-I had him killed because of it!
- Who: Mayor Hamilton Hill
- Said to the Penguin at gunpoint under the influence of the Children of Arkham's truth serum, confessing himself ordering a hit on the Waynes to plead for his life (Penguin had played the footage which showed his mother, Esther Cobblepot, being committed to Arkham Asylum and forcibly drugged by Thomas Wayne). Said pleading was to no avail, as Penguin replied "That won't bring back my poor old mum!" before shooting Hill dead.
- You...have to...stop them...save our city... (if shot by the Children of Arkham)
- You have to...stop Dent... (if shot by Mayor Dent's militia)
- Who: GCPD Commissioner Peter Grogan
- Said to Batman while dying early on in Episode 5 "City of Light," having just been shot by the Children of Arkham (if the player chose to stop Gotham City Mayor Harvey Dent's raid on Wayne Manor in Episode 4) or by Mayor Dent's militia (if the player chose to stop Oswald Cobblepot's hacking into Batman's technology). Although he had previously distrusted Batman (and was particularly unhappy with Lieutenant James Gordon's support of him), Commissioner Grogan puts his trust in Batman with his dying words.
- Lady Arkham hasn't forgotten you! Everything you love...will burn!
- Who: Unnamed Children of Arkham gunman
- Said after being shot by the GCPD after lunging at Bruce Wayne with a pipe. While the Child of Arkham lies dying, he uses his last breath to profess malice towards Wayne.