American screenwriter, actor, film producer, and director
An Evening with Kevin Smith (2002) and An Evening With Kevin Smith: Evening Harder (2006)Edit
- Sir, I just think that's it's fucking brilliant that you somehow managed to tie Chuck Norris, Chewbacca the Wookie, and Jesus Christ together.
- Guy from audience: Your wife is your beard!
Kevin: My wife is my beard isn't she?... Oh, sir, who was it? It was you? That was your move. 'Cause in your head you're going "I'm gonna yell out your wife is your beard and they'll laugh like they laughed at the rock guy!" And you yelled it out, you got it out there, you had the guts to do it and shit, and then I even echoed it for you just in case the cheap seats didn't hear it, and there was fucking crickets, sir.
- What happened to Riggs?
- On Mel Gibson's personal problems
- What's your name, new best friend?
- Talking to a man who's walked up on stage and handed Kevin a bag of Timbits
- In Hollywood, you just kind of fail upwards.
- On Jon Peters becoming a producer
- "[as Tim Burton] Anyone who knows me will tell you that I would never read a comic book." Which, to me, explains fucking Batman.
- A science fiction movie? I don't know. I think I have made one already... Chasing Amy. Because you go ask any lesbian, that'll never happen. Even if, and probably especially because, the dude is Ben fucking Affleck.
- They are creepy, too, man. Those puppets don't make me feel good. I'll be honest, nothing about this show makes me feel good.
- Discussing The Book of Pooh and its closing theme "Goodbye for Now" - SModcast 151: When We Were Very Young
- There would always be a bunch of fucking grousers and nay-sayers being like "that was uncalled for."
- "Look at my dick."
- On what a chicken is likely to say to another chicken were you to successfully hide a microphone in a chicken coop - SModcast 10: Eating a Chicken's Soul
- Don't get me wrong, I love Schindler's List, but it's not like "Hey, man, let's get loaded and watch Schindler's List." - SModcast 4: Can I get a (Masturbatory) Witness
- Americans tend to celebrate even the most mediocre or basic accomplishments... It's like weddings to me. Why is that a big deal?... Why do you have to have a big shindig where you're, like, "Look, we're doing it" and everybody applauds and throws shit in your face. - SModcast 1: Fisting Flipper
- Kevin Smith at IMDb