Ice Station Zebra
- Directed by John Sturges. Written by Alistair MacLean, Douglas Heyes, Harry Julian Fink and W.R. Burnett.
Commander James FerradayEdit
- We operate on a first name basis. My first name is Captain.
- If there's one thing that cannot happen on board a submarine by accident it's both ends of a torpedo tube being open to the sea at the same time!
- All right sir, I'm impressed. Not enlightened, but impressed.
- Jones, bad name, bad connotations. I once killed a man named Jones – though not for that reason, of course.
- I know how to lie, steal, kidnap, counterfeit, suborn and kill. That's my job. I do it with great pride.
- The Russians put our camera made by our German scientists and your film made by your German scientists into their satellite made by their German scientists.
- Jones: Can I ask you a question?
- Ferraday [just before he walks out of the room]: Yes you can.
- Vaslov: It seems almost benevolent.
- Ferraday: In that state, yes. Confined, controlled, shielded. But it is nuclear fission and it hates being confined even more than you do.