Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 is a 2010 film in which Harry, while racing against time and evil to destroy the Horcruxes, uncovers the existence of the three most powerful objects in the wizarding world: the Deathly Hallows. The film is the first part of the final film in the Harry Potter film series.
- [Referring to Voldemort] The longer we stay here, the stronger he gets.
- I told you everything Dumbledore told me. And in case you haven't noticed, we have found a Horcrux already.
- [last lines, about Dobby] I want to bury him. Properly, without magic.
- [Referring to Hermione] We won't last two days without her. [pause] Don't tell her I said that.
- [after barely managing to destroy a horcrux] Just think. Only three more to go.
- [About Xenophilius] That treacherous little bleeder! Is there no one we can trust?
- If Voldemort really has taken over the Ministry, none of the old places are safe.
- Actually I'm highly logical which allows me to look past extraneous detail and perceive clearly that which others overlook.
- Forest of Dean. I came here once with Mum and Dad. That was years ago. It's just how I remember it. The trees, the river, everything. Like nothing's changed... not true of course. Everything's changed. If I brought them back here now, they'd probably not recognize any of it. Not the trees, not the river... not even me. [Pause] Maybe we should just stay here, Harry. Grow old... [Another pause] You wanted to know who the boy in the photograph was. I know. Gellert Grindlewald. [Hands Harry The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore]
- [Whacking Ron with a backpack with each word after he returns] You...complete...ARSE, Ronald Weasley! You show up here after WEEKS, and you say 'Hey'?!
- [Reading the Tale of the Three Brothers] "There were once three brothers who were traveling along a lonely winding road, at twilight. In time, the brothers reached a river too treacherous to pass, but being learned in the magical arts, the three brothers simply waved their wands and made a bridge. Before they could cross, however, they found their path blocked by a hooded figure. It was Death, and he felt cheated. Cheated because travelers would normally drown in the river, but Death was cunning. He pretended to congratulate the three brothers on their magic and said that each had earned a prize for having been clever enough to evade him. The oldest asked for a wand more powerful than any in existence, so Death fashioned him one from an elder tree that stood nearby. The second brother decided he wanted to humiliate Death even further and asked for the power to recall loved ones from the grave, so Death plucked a stone from the river and offered it to him. Finally Death turned to the third brother. A humble man, he asked for something that would allow him to go forth from that place without being followed by Death. And so it was that Death reluctantly handed over his own Cloak of Invisibility. The first brother traveled to a distant village. While with the Elder Wand in hand, he killed a wizard with whom he had once quarreled. Drunk with the power that the Elder Wand had given him, he bragged of his invincibility. But that night, another wizard stole the wand and slit the brother's throat for good measure. And so Death took the first brother for his own. The second brother journeyed to his home, where he took the stone and turned it thrice in hand. To his delight, the girl he had once hoped to marry before her untimely death appeared before him. Yet soon she turned sad and cold, for she did not belong in the mortal world. Driven mad with hopeless longing, the second brother killed himself so as to join her. And so Death took the second brother. As for the third brother, Death searched for many years but was never able to find him. Only when he attained a great age did the youngest brother shed the Cloak of Invisibility and give it to his son. He then greeted Death as an old friend and went with him gladly, departing this life as equals."
- As inspiring as I find your bloodlust, Bellatrix, I must be the one to kill Harry Potter.
- To those of you who do not know. We are joined tonight by Ms. Charity Burbage, who until recently taught at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Her specialty was Muggle Studies. It is Ms. Burbage's belief that Muggles are not so different from us. She would, given her way, have us mate with them. To her, the mixture of magical and Muggle blood is not an abomination, but something to be encouraged.
Dobby the House ElfEdit
- [last words] Such a beautiful place, to be with friends. Dobby is happy to be with his friend, Harry Potter.
- Rufus Scrimgeour: [First lines] These are dark times, there is no denying. Our world has perhaps faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this to our citizenry: We, ever your servants, will continue to defend your liberty and repel the forces that seek to take it from you! Your Ministry remains...strong.
- Neville Longbottom: [Confronting Death Eaters on the train] Hey losers, he isn't here.
- Luna Lovegood: [to her father] Harry doesn't want to talk to us right now. He's just too polite to say so.
- Luna Lovegood: [to Harry] We should close his eyes, don't you think? [closes Dobby's eyes] There. Now he could be sleeping.
- Xenophilius Lovegood: [draws a line] The Elder Wand, the most powerful wand ever made. [draws a circle] The Resurrection Stone. [draws a triangle] The Cloak of Invisibility. Together, they make the Deathly Hallows. Together, they make one master of death.
- Fred and George Weasley: [after each taking a potion to make them look like Harry] Wow! We're identical!
- Voldemort: Severus. I was beginning to worry that you had lost your way. Come, we've saved you a seat. You bring news, I trust?
- Snape: It will happen Saturday next, at nightfall.
- Yaxley: I heard differently, my Lord. Dawlish, the Auror, has let slip that the Potter boy will not be moved until the 30th of this month, the day before he turns 17.
- Snape: This is a false trail. The Auror office no longer plays any part in the protection of Harry Potter.
- [Voldemort has Pius under the Imperius Curse]
- Voldemort: What say you, Pius?
- Pius: One hears many things my Lord, and if the truth is among them is not clear.
- Voldemort: Ha! Spoken like a true politician. You will, I think, prove most useful, Pius.
- Moody: Potter, you're underage, which means you still have the Trace on you.
- Harry: What's the Trace?
- Moody: If you sneeze, the Ministry will know who wipes your nose. Point is, we'll have to use those means of transport the Trace can't detect: Brooms, Thestrals, and the like; we'll go in pairs. That way if anyone's out there waiting for us, and I reckon there will be... they won't know which Harry Potter is the real one.
- Harry: The real one?
- Moody: [takes out Polyjuice Potion] I reckon that you're familiar with this particular brew.
- Harry: [recognizes it; sarcastically] No, absolutely not.
- Hermione: Told you he'd take it well.
- Moody: For those of you who haven't taken Polyjuice Potion before, fair warning: It tastes like goblin piss.
- Fred: Have lots of experience with that, do you, Mad-Eye? ...Just trying to diffuse the tension.
- Shacklebolt: [pointing his wand at Lupin] The last words that Albus Dumbledore spoke to the pair of us?
- Lupin: "Harry is the best hope we have. Trust him."
- Fred: [walking into the Burrow and seeing the injured George laying on the couch] How you feeling, Georgie?
- George: [quietly] Saint-like.
- Fred: [confused pause] Come again?
- George: Saint-like. I'm holy... [Points to spot where part of his ear is missing] I’m holy, Fred. Get it?
- Fred: [laughs quietly] The whole wide world of ear-related humor, and you go for, "I'm holy"? You're pathetic.
- George: Reckon I'm still better looking than you.
- Hagrid: [to Lupin as he holds Harry up against the wall of the Burrow with his hand and at wandpoint] Lupin!
- Ginny: What are you doing?
- Lupin: [Holds Harry up against the wall of the Burrow with his hand and at wandpoint] What creature sat in the corner the first time Harry Potter visited my office in Hogwarts?
- Harry: ARE YOU MAD?
- Lupin: WHAT CREATURE!?
- Harry: A-A Grindylow!
- Lupin: [releases Harry] We've been betrayed. Voldemort knew you were being moved tonight. I had to make sure you're not an impostor.
- [Harry nods in agreement]
- Shacklebolt: What gave you away?
- Harry: Hedwig, I think. She was tryna protect me.
- Ginny: [while Harry zips her dress up] Seems silly, doesn't it? A wedding. Given everything that's going on.
- Harry: Maybe that's the best reason to have it. Because of everything that's going on.
- [She turns to him and they kiss. George sneaks into the kitchen silently; he stirs a cup of tea and sticks the spoon in the hole where the missing part of his ear was.]
- George: [after Ginny spots him and stops kissing Harry] Morning.
- Hermione: [to Ron and Harry before taking the Polyjuice potion that will transform them into Runcorn, Cattermole and Hopkirk, respectively] Right. Remember what we said, don't speak to anyone unless absolutely necessary. Just, try and act normal. Do what everybody else is doing. If we do that then with a bit of luck, we'll get inside. Then...
- Harry: It gets really tricky.
- Hermione: Correct.
- Harry: This is completely mental.
- Hermione: Completely.
- Ron: The world's mental. Come on, we've got a Horcrux to find.
- [Ron walks into the elevator and sees Harry as Runcorn not recognizing that it’s him]
- Ron: [as Cattermole] Morning.
- Harry: [as Runcorn] Ron, it's me.
- Ron: [as Cattermole] Harry! Blimey, forgot what you look like. Where's Hermione?
- Harry: [as Runcorn] She's gone down to the courtrooms, with Umbridge.
- Ron: [as Cattermole] Oh, my God. What am I gonna do? My wife's all alone downstairs.
- Harry: [as Runcorn] Ron, you don't have a wife.
- Ron: [as Cattermole] Oh, right.
- Yaxley: Cattermole. It's still raining inside my office. That's two days now.
- Ron: [as Cattermole] Have you tried an umbrella?
- [Umbridge is presiding over Mary Cattermole's hearing (wearing the locket/horcrux), while Harry (disguised as Albert Runcorn), witnesses, Ron (disguised as her husband, Reg), takes his place beside her, and Hermione (disguised as Mafalda Hopkirk) records the minutes]
- Umbridge: Mary Elizabeth Cattermole?
- Mary: Yes?
- Umbridge: A wand was taken from you upon your arrival at the Ministry today, Mrs. Cattermole. [holds up said wand] Is this that wand? [She nods] Would you please tell the court from which witch or wizard you took this wand?
- Mary: I didn't take it! I got it in Diagon Alley, at Ollivanders, when I was 11. It chose me!
- Umbridge: You're lying. Wands only choose witches, and you are not a witch.
- Mary: But I am! [To Ron, as Reg] Tell them, Reg! Tell them what I am! [Ron is silent] Reg, tell them what I am.
- [Harry sees the locket, and his anger becomes too much. He withdraws his wand]
- Umbridge: What on earth are you doing, Albert?
- Harry: [as Runcorn] You're lying, Dolores... [Umbridge looks shocked, and Hermione tenses up] And one mustn't tell lies. Stupefy!
- [He stuns Umbridge, knocking her out. Yaxley goes for his wand, but Ron gets there first and stuns him, while Hermione quickly scrambles for the locket]
- [Harry, Ron, and Hermione are in their tent, and Harry and Hermione are discussing a theory on how they could destroy the rest of the Horcruxes with the sword of Godric Gryffindor.]
- Harry: There's just one problem.
- [Ron turns the lamp out with the Deluminator]
- Ron: The sword was stolen. [Walks up, turns the lamp back on with his Deluminator. Ron has a stony look on his face. The locket/horcrux around his neck is affecting him greatly] Yeah. I'm still here. But you two carry on. Don't let me spoil your fun.
- Harry: What's wrong?
- Ron: Well, nothing's wrong. Not according to you, anyway.
- Harry: Look, if you've got something to say, don't be shy. Spit it out.
- Ron: All right, I'll spit it out. But don't expect me to be grateful just because now there's another damn thing we've gotta find.
- Harry: I thought you knew what you signed up for!
- Ron: Yeah. I thought I did, too.
- Harry: Well then, I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand. What part of this isn't living up to your expectations? Did you think we were gonna be staying in a five-star hotel? Finding a Horcrux every other day? You thought you'd be back with your mum by Christmas?
- Ron: I just thought after all this time we would have actually achieved something! I thought you knew what you were doing! I thought Dumbledore would've told you something worthwhile! I thought you had a plan!
- Harry: I told you everything Dumbledore told me! And in case you haven't noticed, we have found a Horcrux already.
- Ron: [bitterly] Yeah, and we're about as close to getting rid of it as we are to finding the rest of them, aren't we?
- Hermione: [trying to intervene] Ron, please. [She tries to take the locket off of Ron, but he angrily shoves her away] Please take the Horcrux off! You won't be saying any of this if you hadn't been wearing it all day!
- Ron: You don't know why I listen to that radio every night, do you? To make sure I don't hear Ginny's name. Or Fred, or George, or Mum...
- Harry: [irritated] What, you think I'm not listening too? You think I don't know how this feels?!
- Ron: No, you don't know how it feels! Your parents are dead! You have no family!
- [Furious at what Ron just said, Harry attacks him]
- Hermione: Stop! Stop! [pulls the boys apart]
- Harry: Fine then, go! Go then!
- [Ron wrenches the locket off and gets his bag]
- Hermione: Ron...
- Ron: [turns to Hermione] And you? Are you coming or are you staying? [Hermione looks torn; she glances from Harry to Ron in shock] Fine. I get it. I saw you two the other night.
- Hermione: [tears in her eyes] Ron, that's; that's nothing!
- Hermione: [upon arriving at Godric's Hollow] We should have taken Polyjuice potion.
- Harry: No... this is where I was born. I’m not returning as someone else.
- Harry: How did you find us?
- Ron: [takes out the Deluminator] With this. It doesn't just turn off lights. I don't know how it works, but Christmas morning, I was sleeping in this little pub, keepin’ away from some Snatchers, and I heard it.
- Harry: "It"?
- Ron: A voice. Your voice, Hermione. Coming out of it.
- Hermione: [Her arms are folded as she says this] And what exactly did I say, may I ask?
- Ron: My name. Just my name. Like a whisper. So I took it, clicked it and this tiny ball of light appeared. And I knew. And sure enough, it floated towards me, the ball of light, right through my chest and straight through me. Right here. [he touches his heart] And I knew it was gonna take me where I needed to go.
- [Hermione looks on, stunned]
- Ron: How long do you think she'll stay mad at me?
- Harry: Just keep talking about that little ball of light touching your heart, and she'll come 'round.
- Ron: It was true, every word. This is gonna sound crazy, but I think that's why Dumbledore left it to me, the Deluminator. I think he knew that somehow I'd need it to find my way back, and she'd lead me.
- Harry: You're not still mad at him, are you?
- Hermione: I'm always mad at him.
- Luna Lovegood: [takes Dobby’s hand before they Disapparate] Whenever you're ready, Sir.
- Dobby the House Elf: "Sir"? I like her very much.
- [Dobby is unscrewing a chandelier from the ceiling and lets it crash to the floor causing Bellatrix to scream and move out of the way]
- Bellatrix Lestrange: You stupid elf! You could have killed me!
- Dobby the House Elf: Dobby never meant to kill! Dobby only meant to maim, or seriously injure!
- [Dobby steals Narcissa’s wand with a snap of his finger]
- Bellatrix Lestrange: How dare you take a witch’s wand! How dare you defy your masters!
- Dobby the House Elf: Dobby has no master. Dobby is a free elf, and Dobby has come to save Harry Potter and his friends!
- The End Begins
- Nowhere Is Safe
- Part 1 of the Epic Finale
- The Hunt Begins
- Trust No One
- Daniel Radcliffe - Harry Potter
- Rupert Grint - Ron Weasley
- Emma Watson - Hermione Granger
- Helena Bonham Carter - Bellatrix Lestrange
- Robbie Coltrane - Rubeus Hagrid
- Warwick Davis - Griphook
- Tom Felton - Draco Malfoy
- Ralph Fiennes - Lord Voldemort
- Michael Gambon - Albus Dumbledore
- Brendan Gleeson - Alastor 'Mad-Eye' Moody
- Richard Griffiths - Vernon Dursley
- John Hurt - Garrick Ollivander
- Rhys Ifans - Xenophilius Lovegood
- Jason Isaacs - Lucius Malfoy
- Bill Nighy - Rufus Scrimgeour
- Alan Rickman - Severus Snape
- Fiona Shaw - Petunia Dursley
- Timothy Spall - Peter Pettigrew
- Imelda Staunton - Dolores Umbridge
- David Thewlis - Remus Lupin
- Julie Walters - Molly Weasley
- Mark Williams - Arthur Weasley
- Domnhall Gleeson - Bill Weasley
- George Harris - Kingsley Shacklebolt
- James Phelps - Fred Weasley
- Oliver Phelps - George Weasley
- Official website
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 at Allmovie
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 at Rotten Tomatoes
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 at Mojo
|Harry Potter (book series, film series) by J. K. Rowling|
|Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows||book||films part 1 and part 2|
|Harry Potter and the Cursed Child||play|
|last words in Harry Potter media||books||films||games|
|Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them||book||film|