Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is a stage play taking place in the Harry Potter universe, more than twenty years after the events of the last book. The script was written by Jack Thorne, based on a story written by J.K. Rowling and John Tiffany. The play officially premiered in London's West End on 30 July 2016.
Albus Dumbledore edit
- (portrait) Perfection is beyond the reach of humankind, beyond the reach of magic.
- (portrait) Those that we love never truly leave us, Harry. There are things that death cannot touch. Paint . . . and memory . . . and love.
Albus Potter edit
- I'm not sure being fearless is going to be good for your health.
- So what would you like me to do? Magic myself popular? Conjure myself into a new house? Transfigure myself into a better student? Just cast a spell, Dad, and change me into what you want me to be, okay? It'll work better for both of us.
- I didn't choose, you know that? I didn't choose to be his son.
- I know what it is to be the spare
Delphini Diggory edit
- I am the new past. I am the new future. I am the answer this world has been looking for.
- It took me a long time to discover your weakness, Albus Potter. I thought it was pride, I thought it was the need to impress your father, but then I realised your weakness was the same as your father's - friendship.
Draco Malfoy edit
- I'm being bossed around by Hermione Granger... And I'm mildly enjoying it.
- You -- the three of you -- you shone you know? You liked each other. You had fun. I envied you those friendships more than anything else
- [when asked what he wanted to do growing up] quidditch. But I wasn't good enough. Mainly I wanted to be happy.
- ... And being alone -- that's so hard. I was alone. And it sent me to a truly dark place. For a long time. Tom Riddle was also a lonely child. You may not understand that, Harry, but I do ...
- ... It is exceptionally lonely, being Draco Malfoy. I will always be suspected. There is no escaping the past.
Ginny Potter edit
- [To Harry} People think they know all there is to know about you, but the best bits of you are– have always been– heroic in really quiet ways.
Harry Potter edit
- [quoting Dumbledore] The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.
- [weeping] I shouldn't have survived. It was my destiny to die - even Dumbledore thought so - and yet I lived. I beat Voldemort. All these people... all these people - my parents, Fred, the Fallen Fifty - and it's me that gets to live? How is that? All this damage, and it's my fault.
- The Boy Who Lived. How many people have to die for the Boy Who Lived?
Hermione Granger edit
- My parents were dentists. I was bound to rebel at some point.
Moaning Myrtle edit
- Hello, Harry. Hello, Draco. Have you been bad boys again?
- That feels good. Never used to enjoy that. But when you get to my age, you take what you can.
Rose Granger-Weasley edit
- The rumour is that he's Voldemort's son, Albus. It's probably rubbish. I mean... look, you've got a nose
Ron Weasley edit
- [on his daughter, Rose] I have no idea where she gets her ambition from.
- Nothing scares me. Apart from Mum.
- I am probably the most chilled out of all of us and... so maybe transfiguring into him - into the Dark Lord - will do less damage to me than any of you more... intense people.
- Rubbish. Beautifully put but beautiful rubbish.
Scorpius Malfoy edit
- I opened a book. Something which has - in all my years on this planet - never been a particularly dangerous activity.
- My geekness is a-quivering.
- The world changes, and we change with it. I am better off in this world. But the world is not better. And I don't want that.
- Okay. Hello. Um. Have we hugged before? Do we hug?
- When Rose came up to me today in Potions and called me Bread Head I almost hugged her. No, there’s no almost about it, I actually tried to hug her, and then she kicked me in the shin.
- I mean, normally, being in lockdown, being in constant detention, it’d break me, but now — what’s the worst they can do? Bring back Moldy Voldy and have him torture me? Nope
- I got his nose, his hair, and his name. Not that that's a great thing either. I mean — father-son issues, I have them. But, on the whole, I'd rather be a Malfoy than, you know, the son of the Dark Lord.
- [Imagining talking to a muggle] Hello, Mr. Stationmaster. Mr. Muggle. Question: Did you see a flying witch passing here? And by the way, what year is it
Severus Snape edit
- Tell Albus - tell Albus Severus - I'm proud he carries my name. Now go. Go.
- Scorpius Malfoy: It's time that time-turning became a thing of the past.
- Albus Severus Potter: You're quite proud of that phrase, aren't you?
- Scorpius Malfoy: Been working on it all day.
- [Scorpius wonders aloud if the rumors that he's Voldemort's illegitimate son might be true.]
- Albus Severus Potter: No. They’re not true. And I'll tell you why. Because I don’t think Voldemort is capable of having a kind son — and you’re kind, Scorpius. To the depths of your belly, to the tips of your fingers. I truly believe Voldemort — Voldemort couldn’t have a child like you.
- Scorpius: That’s nice — that’s a nice thing to say.
- Ron Weasley: I mean, we've been together so long - and married for so long - I mean, so long...
- Hermione Granger: If this is your way of saying you want a marital break, Ron, just to be clear, I will skewer you with this quill.
- Ron Weasley: Shut up. Will you shut up for once? I want to do one of those marriage renewal things I've read about. Marriage renewal. What do you think?
- Hermione Granger: ...You want to marry me again?
- Ron Weasley: Well, we were only young when we did it the first time, and I got very drunk and - well, to be honest, I can't remember much of it and... the truth is, I love you, Hermione Granger, and whatever time says - I'd like the opportunity to say so in front of lots of other people. Again. Sober.
- [surrounded by Dementors]
- Ron Weasley: I'm scared.
- Hermione Granger: Kiss me.
- [in an alternate timeline]
- Severus Snape: I'm dead, presumably. You were a little too surprised to see me. How?
- Scorpius Malfoy: Bravely.
- Severus Snape: Who?
- Scorpius Malfoy: Voldemort.
- Severus Snape: How very irritating.
- [trapped in 1981]
- Albus Severus Potter: We get a message to Dad, he'll find a way to get back here. Even if he has to build a Time-Turner himself.
- Scorpius Malfoy: We send a memory - like a Pensieve - stand over him and send a message, hope he reaches for the memory at exactly the right moment. I mean, it's unlikely, but... stand over the baby and just repeatedly shout "HELP! HELP! HELP!" I mean, it might traumatize the baby slightly...
- Albus Severus Potter: Only slightly.
- Scorpius Malfoy: A bit of trauma now is nothing compared to what's happening... and maybe when he then thinks - later - he might remember the faces of us as we shouted...
- Albus Severus Potter: "Help"?
- Scorpius Malfoy: ...You're right, it's a terrible idea.
- Albus Severus Potter: It's one of your worst ideas ever.
- [trapped in 1981]
- Scorpius Malfoy: Got it! We deliver it ourselves. We wait forty years, we deliver it-
- Albus Severus Potter: Not a chance. Once Delphi has set time the way she wants, she'll send armies to try and find us, kill us...
- Scorpius Malfoy: So we hide in a hole?
- Albus Severus Potter: As pleasurable as it will be to hide in a hole with you for the next forty years... they'll find us.
- [in Godric's Hollow]
- Hermione Granger: You remember when we were last here? This feels just like old times.
- Ron Weasley: Old times with a few unwelcome ponytails added to the mix.
- Draco Malfoy: [stung] Can I just say-
- Ron Weasley: Malfoy, you may be all chummy chummy with Harry, and you may have produced a relatively nice child, but you've said some very unfair things to and about my wife...
- Hermione Granger: And your wife doesn't need you fighting her battles for her.
- Albus: This is all my fault!
- Ginevra Potter: Funny, your father thinks it's his. You're a lot alike that way.
- Delphini Diggory: I just wanted to know my father.
- Harry Potter: You can't remake your life. You'll always be an orphan. That never leaves you.
- Albus Severus Potter: Rose hates you.
- Scorpius Malfoy: Correction, she used to hate me, but did you see the look in her eyes when I asked? That wasn't hate, that was pity.
- Albus Severus Potter: And pity's good?
- Scorpius Malfoy: Pity is a start, my friend, a foundation on which to build a palace - a palace of love
- Rose Weasley: This is only going to be weird if you let it be weird.
- Scorpius Malfoy: Received and totally understood.
- Harry Potter: Those names you have, they shouldn't be a burden. Albus Dumbledore had his trials too. And Severus Snape, well, you know all about him.
- Albus Severus Potter: They were good men.
- Harry Potter: They were great men, with huge flaws. And you know what? Those flaws almost made them greater.
- Scorpius Malfoy: here's nothing. Still, if I had to choose a companion to be at the return of eternal darkness with, I'd choose you
- Albus Severus Potter: No offense, but I'd choose someone massive and really good at magic.
- Albus Severus Potter: First question. What do you know about the Triwizard tournament?
- Scorpius Malfoy: Ooooh, a quiz! Three schools pick three champions to compete in three tasks for one cup. What's that got to do with anything?
- Albus Severus Potter: You really are an enormous geek, you know that?
- Scorpius Malfoy: Ya-huh.
|Harry Potter (book series, film series) by J. K. Rowling|
|Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows||book||films part 1 and part 2|
|Harry Potter and the Cursed Child||play|
|last words in Harry Potter media||books||films||games|
|Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them||book||film|
|Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald||film|
|Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore||film|