Gotti is a 1996 film, aired on HBO, about John Gotti, the head of a small New York mafia crew who breaks a few of the old family rules, and rises to become the head of the Gambino family and the most well-known mafia boss in America.
- Directed by Robert Harmon. Written by Steve Shagan, based on the novel The Last Gangster: Winning the War Against John Gotti and the Mob, by Jerry Capeci and Gene Mustain.
- JoJo walks into the bar. He's wearin' a solid gold belt buckle this big: says JoJo on it, he's got a bracelet on his arm: says JoJo on it, he's got a fuckin' necklace: says JoJo on it, he's got solid gold cuff links: they all say JoJo on 'em. So this little chink waiter walks over and says, "Excuse me mister JoJo." He said, "Shut the fuck up, I don't want anyone to know I'm here."
- John Gotti: Makes you think. Makes you think about the people in your life. And I think of Neil; and If he would sit here right now what`d he say to me? He`d say "John! what's it about? What's life about... if you don't go through it as a man's man?". He'd say "Suck it up, take the fall do the time. Thats made you who you are. That makes you what you are. How long we`ve been around this thing of ours? This Cosa Nostra? 120 years... 'I mean what's it about? It's about the rules, parameters. You take the beating for the friend, you don't run, you don't lay down, you don't betray who you are... what you are.
- Frank Locascio: Self Esteem...
- John Gotti: Self Esteem is basic. You pick it up on the street, that goes with the street, you gotta remember Angie here. I loved this guy, I loved him and he was stupid, he never listened to me, he always wanted that god damn dope money... He never rolled, do you know that? HE NEVER ROLLED! My brother Gene, Joey DiMig,they dont roll they're doing a thousand years now, they don`t roll, they don`t rat. Why? Thats the rule. You don't break, you don't rat. Basic rules. Gives you a lil of power right? Not the kind of power these FEDs have. God forbid,right? God forbid we pull their chain in public. Fuckin dress better than them and they take it personal likes its a fuckin vendetta. Right? There supposed to act better than the rest of us. They just wanted me to be something I wasn't even born to be.
- Frank Locascio: Humble, they want you to be humble.
- John Gotti: Yeah so you humble me. What you got now? You got a war. You got a global war. You got the Chinks, you got the Dominicans, the Asians, the Russians, the Columbians, Jamaicans. What they doin? They desecrate the nation. You got your variable fuckin' snowstorms of cocaine and smack -- whatever the hell else they shove in their veins. You got a worldwide crime syndicate now. There's no rules. There's no parameters. There's no feelings. There's no feelings for this country.
- Frank Locascio: Anarchy.
- John Gotti: You got anarchy. So... 5-10 years from now, they gonna wish there was an American Cosa Nostra. 5-10 years from now....they gonna miss John Gotti.
- Carlo Gambino: These FEDs, they tolerate certain things. CERTAIN THINGS. Not Drugs.
- F.B.I Agent: Mr. Gotti, I am with the F.B.I
- John Gotti: You know what F.B.I stands for don't you?
- F.B.I Agent: Why don't you tell me.
- John Gotti: Forever bother the Italians.
- Armand Assante - John Gotti
- William Forsythe - Sammy Gravano
- Richard C. Sarafian - Paul Castellano
- Frank Vincent - Robert DiBernardo
- Anthony Quinn - Neil Dellacroce
- Dominic Chianese - Joe Armone
- Robert Miranda - Frank DeCicco
- Scott Cohen - Gene Gotti
- Raymond Serra - Frank LoCascio
- Vincent Pastore - Angelo Ruggiero
- Marc Lawrence - Carlo Gambino
- Tony Sirico - Joe Dimiglia