Gossip Girl (season 5)
Gossip Girl (2007-2012) is an American teen drama television series based on the popular novel series of the same name by Cecily von Ziegesar which originally aired on The CW. It stars Blake Lively and Leighton Meester in the roles of Serena van der Woodsen and Blair Waldorf, respectively. Narrated by the omniscient yet unseen blogger "Gossip Girl", the series revolves around the lives of socialite teenagers growing up on New York City's Upper East Side who attend elite academic institutions while dealing with friends, family, jealousy, and other issues.
I Am Number Nine [5.06]Edit
- Blair: What are you doing here? I don’t have the energy to rehash tonight’s hysterics. I think you should leave.
- Chuck: I’m not here to apologize about what happened tonight.
- Blair: Then what are you here to apologize for?
- Chuck: Everything else. I’m sorry for losing my temper the night you told me Louis proposed to you. I’m sorry for not waiting longer at the Empire State Building. I’m sorry for treating you like property. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you I loved you when I knew I did. Most of all I’m sorry that I gave up on us when you never did.
- Blair: Thank you. I hope never giving up on people isn’t going to be my downfall.
- Chuck: That’s why you’re going to be an amazing mother. You’re always there for the people you love. Even when they don’t deserve it.
- Blair: You know that’s never going to change.
- Chuck: It’s okay if it has to. Starting tonight I’m going to take care of myself.
- Blair: Is that all?
- Chuck: [Pauses] Yeah.
Rhodes to Perdition [5.09]Edit
- Chuck: Dr. Krueger thought you were upset I returned the ring.
- Blair: He has too many PhDs. They cancel each other out and make him a moron.
- Chuck: I returned it because you asked me to let you go. I wanted to move on to give you the happy life you deserve.
- Blair: All this time, I've blamed you for pulling me into the dark. But I was wrong. It was me who brought out your dark side. And now that I'm with Louis, I've done the same to him. I'm sorry.
- Chuck: You never pulled me to the dark side, Blair.
- Blair: I appreciate you trying to make me feel better, but I have my answer.
- Chuck: You were the lightest thing that ever came into my life.
- Blair: Then... why did it take letting me go to find this whole new side of yourself?
- Chuck: I only turned dark and desperate because I was afraid of losing you. Your love kept me alive.
- Blair: But you survived without me.
- Chuck: The worst thing happened, and I didn't die. But I had to find a new way to move on with my life. I only want you to be happy. I'm just sorry it couldn't be with me.
Riding in Town Cars with Boys [5.10]Edit
- Blair: [On the phone with Chuck] Do you think you could love another man's child?
- Chuck: Why are you asking me this?
- Blair: I'm...paralyzed. I can't move, I can't breathe... You have to help me.
- Chuck: I can't make this decision for you, Blair. You're the one that has to live with it.
- Blair: But what's the right choice, Chuck?
- Chuck: I can't imagine it would be a mistake to marry to father of your child. Right?
- Blair: What's going on? Did you have something to do with this?
- Chuck: No. Dan arranged it for us.
- Blair: What "us"?
- Chuck: The us I should have fought for when you called. The us that is not just you and me, but you, me and your baby.
- Blair: Then w-why did you tell me choose Louis?
- Chuck: I thought it was selfish if I was the one to tell you to break up your family.
- Blair: That was the moment you chose not to be selfish?
- Chuck: Timing has never been our strong suit. I had it all wrong. Just because Louis is the father of your baby, does not mean you should be with him, you should be with me.
- Blair: Why?
- Chuck: Because I'm going to love your baby as much as I love you.
The End of the Affair? [5.11]Edit
- Blair: [to Chuck] Just because we can't be together, doesn't mean I won't love you.
- Blair: What are you doing here?
- Chuck: Trust me, the last thing I wanted to do was show up today, but even your own mother seems to think we need to talk.
- Blair: Well, what I need is for you to—
- Chuck: Don't marry him.
- Blair: Chuck.
- Chuck: Don't marry him.
- Blair: All those people out there are waiting for me.
- Chuck: Yes, they are. But they also want you to be happy, which you're not going to be if you go through with this. Tell me I'm wrong and I'll leave. [Blair stays silent] You can't. Because it should be us up there and you know it.
- Blair: It's not that simple.
- Chuck: It's only that simple, you told me you loved me and I know that was true.
- Blair: It is! Of course I love you, Chuck. I've always loved you. I love you more and more every day if it's even possibly to love someone that much.
- Chuck: Get out of here with me, right now. We can go anywhere, just as long as we're together.
- Blair: I know you don't understand and I don't expect you to. But even if I weren't with Louis... I couldn't be with you. Just know that... not living with you is the hardest thing I've ever done. But at least I have someone who loves me by my side. You should find someone who loves you too.
- Chuck: I have. She's standing right in front of me.
- Blair: I know it sounds crazy, but I really am doing this for you.
Cross Rhodes [5.16]Edit
- Serena: We both know if you have feelings for someone, nothing else in the world matters.
- Blair: That's not true. We're not servants to our emotions. We can control them, suppress them, stomp them out like bugs.
It Girl, Interrupted [5.19]Edit
- Aidan: They do not have parties like this in Florida.
- Lola: They barely have dental hygiene in Florida.
- Blair: [wearing a pink dress, walking toward The Met with Dan] I feel like a prom queen doing the walk of shame.
- Dan: You look like a princess. Now I'm not gonna lie. [Holding a crown] This is cubic zirconia that I got from a costume shop. But you'll sell it.
- Blair: Cubic zirconia does not touch this body.
The Return of The Ring [5.24]Edit
- Blair: I love you. I'm in love with you. I've tried to kill it, to run away from it, but I can't... I don't want to anymore.
- Chuck: So what?
- Blair: So now we can be together. It's not what you want?
- Chuck: It was. Before I lost everything.
- Chuck: I always put you first. And you bet against me every time. Now I have nothing.
- Blair: You have me.
- Chuck: It's not enough. I need a future.
- Blair: Than let me be part of it.
- Chuck: I dont't want to be Mr. Blair Waldorf. I'm Chuck Bass.