1964 film by Guy Hamilton
Goldfinger is a 1964 film in the James Bond series. Agent Bond attempts to stop Auric Goldfinger, a gold-obsessed smuggler who plans to invade the U.S. Bullion Depository at Fort Knox.
- Directed by Guy Hamilton. Written by Richard Maibaum, based on the novel by Ian Fleming.
James Bond is back in action! Everything he touches turns to excitement!taglines
- A martini. Shaken, not stirred.
- Man has climbed Mount Everest. Gone to the bottom of the ocean. He has fired rockets at the Moon. Split the atom. Achieved miracles in every field of human endeavour... except crime!
- Mr Bond, they have a saying in Chicago: "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action." [from the original Ian Fleming novel]
- [Bond finds Goldfinger cheating at cards in Miami with the help of Jill Masterson:
- Bond: Tell me, Jill. Why does he do it?
- Jill: He likes to win.
- Bond: Why do you do it?
- Jill: He pays me.
- Bond: Is that all he pays you for?
- Jill: And for being seen with him.
- Bond: Just seen?
- Jill: Just seen!
- Bond: Oh, I'm so glad.
- M: Gold? All over?
- Bond: She died of skin suffocation. It's been known to happen to cabaret dancers. It's all right as long as you leave a small bare patch at the base of the spine to allow the skin to breathe.
- M: Someone obviously didn't.
- Bond: And I know who.
- Bond: What do you know about gold, Moneypenny?
- Moneypenny: Oh, the only gold I know about is the kind you wear. You know, [makes motion of inserting ring] on the third finger of your left hand.
- Bond: One day we really must look into that.
- Moneypenny: What about tonight? You come round for dinner and I'll cook you a beautiful Angel Cake.
- Bond: Nothing would give me great pleasure but unfortunately I have a ... business appointment.
- Moneypenny: That's the flimsiest excuse you've ever given me. Ah well some girls have all the luck. Who is she James?
- M: [Over the intercom] "She" is me, Miss Moneypenny. And kindly omit the customary byplay with 007, will you? He's dining with me, and I don't want him to be late.
- Moneypenny: [hopeful] So there's hope for me yet?
- Bond: Moneypenny...won't you ever believe me?
- Colonel Smithers: Have a little more of this rather disappointing brandy.
- M: What's wrong with it?
- Bond: I'd say it was a 30-year-old fine, indifferently blended, sir, with an overdose of bon-bois.
- M: Colonel Smithers is giving the lecture, 007.
- [Q explains the devices on Bond's Aston Martin DB5]
- Q: Now this one I'm particularly keen about. You see the gear lever here? [points to the gearstick] Now, if you take the top off [opens the cap], you'll find a little red button. [closes the cap, stands up] Whatever you do, don't touch it.
- Bond: Yeah, why not?
- Q: Because you'll release [points out the section of roof above the front passenger seat] this section of the roof, and engage and then fire the passenger ejector seat. [gestures] Whish!
- Bond: Ejector seat? You're joking!
- Q: I never joke about my work, 007. [Bond falls silent]
- Bond: [lying face up on a table, with a huge industrial laser slowly slicing its way to his crotch] Do you expect me to talk?
- Goldfinger: [looks back, laughing] No, Mr Bond, I expect you to die!
- [After his laser encounter, Bond awakens to find a woman staring at him.]
- Bond: Who are you?
- Pussy Galore: My name is Pussy Galore.
- Bond: [looks away and smiles] I must be dreaming.
- Bond: You'll kill 60,000 people uselessly.
- Goldfinger: Hah. American motorists kill that many every two years.
- James Bond is back in action! Everything he touches turns to excitement!
- Miss Honey and Miss Galore Have James Bond Back For More!
- Mixing business and girls! Mixing thrills and girls! Mixing danger and girls!
- Goldfinger quotes at the Internet Movie Database