domesticated mammal raised primarily for its milk
(Redirected from Goats)
- For the Jonathan Rosenberg webcomic, see Goats (webcomic).
A goat is a bovine famous for its ability to forage on plants unpalatable, and in habitats inaccessible, to other browsers. Figuratively, a male human displaying an overt and indiscriminate interest in sex can also be referred to as a goat.
- Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
- Anonymous Yiddish Proverb, as quoted in Quotable Quotes (1997) by the Editors of Reader's Digest.
- It don't take a genius to spot a goat in a flock of sheep.
- Anonymous western American proverb, quoted in Arizona Highways, Vol. 73 (1997), p. 50.
- It doesn't take a genius to spot a goat in a flock of sheep.
- The Routledge Book of World Proverbs (2006), p. 184.
- The lust of the goat is the bounty of God
- When the son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.