domesticated mammal raised primarily for its milk
(Redirected from Goats)
- For the Jonathan Rosenberg webcomic, see Goats (webcomic).
A goat is a bovine famous for its ability to forage on plants unpalatable, and in habitats inaccessible, to other browsers. Figuratively, a male human displaying an overt and indiscriminate interest in sex can also be referred to as a goat.
- The goat with its kids honours you.
- Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
- Anonymous Yiddish Proverb, as quoted in Quotable Quotes (1997) by the Editors of Reader's Digest.
- It don't take a genius to spot a goat in a flock of sheep.
- Anonymous western American proverb, quoted in Arizona Highways, Vol. 73 (1997), p. 50.
- It doesn't take a genius to spot a goat in a flock of sheep.
- The Routledge Book of World Proverbs (2006), p. 184.
- The lust of the goat is the bounty of God
- When the son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.