process of gathering voluntary contributions of money or other resources
Fundraising s the process of gathering contributions by requesting donations.
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Yes, We and I think it’s an obscene amount of money. You know we had some protesters and last night when we pulled up in San Francisco and they’re right to protest, they’re absolutely right, it’s an obscene amount of money. The Sanders campaign, when they talk about it, is absolutely right, it’s ridiculous that we should have this kind of money in politics I agree.
- George Clooney's response when asked to respond to Bernie Sanders' statement that the $353,400 price tag to sit at the table with Clooney and Hillary Clinton was obscene, The Hiled, April 26, 2016
- As a consequence of my fund-raising I became more like the wealthy donors I met, in the very particular sense that I spent more and more of my time above the fray, outside the world of immediate hunger, disappointment, fear, irrationality, and frequent hardship of the other 99 percent of the population — that is, the people that I’d entered public life to serve.
- Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope
- Pick a Partner, not a Firm. When you raise money, you also get an investor. Make sure you get the partner that you believe will add value and be good to work with. Don’t allow the choice of partner to be made by the firm. Find out from other founders who at each firm is the good person to work with. Make sure they’re going to be with the firm for the long-term. Then approach them.
- Matthew Mochary, The Great CEO Within