2006 fantasy-adventure film directed by Stefen Fangmeier
You are far stronger than you realise . . . far wiser than you think . . . what was once your life . . . is now your legend. taglines
- (About Saphira) Some friends can't be replaced. But luckily, some don't have to be.
- (About Morzan) A son doesn't choose his father. I hated that man till the day he died.
- (To Eragon) "I guess we're even then!"
- I didn't ask for any of this!
- (To Brom) I've got skills!
- I'm the Rider, and I say we go!
- We fight as one!
- I'm not without fear.
- (Flying on Saphira) Let's see what you've got!
- (on Saphira, looking over a cliff) It's not so bad up here. (Saphira takes off) Wylyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
- (watching Saphira hatch) Look at you. What are you?
- Are we together, Saphira? (Saphira nods)
- I know your story is true.
- I expected more.
- Into the sky, to win, or die!
- (To the soldiers) Take care of the little bones, hate to see you choke.
- (To Eragon) Let's see these skills of yours.
- Magic comes from dragons; it flows through the Riders who command them.
- Our beautiful lands have been ravaged by a ruthless king, and our people live under the shadow of tyranny. [...] But it wasn't always like this, was it? There was a time when the world lived in peace, protected by warriors astride mighty dragons. They are nothing but stories now - all we have is hope that a dragon will be born again, and one will rise to lead us to freedom.
- There was a time when our land flourished without fear and cruelty. A time of dragons and dragon riders. Dragons gave their riders magical powers. No one could defeat them! Until one of their own, a Rider named Galbatorix opposed them, and cut down any Rider who opposed him-
- One false move, one reckless decision, and everything is lost.
- The time of dragons and Dragon Riders will come again.
- (Upon seeing Eragon's gedwey ignasia) You!
- The king won't rest until your dragon is killed.
- My story was about you, Eragon. [...] The Varden need a Rider if they are to defeat Durza and the King.
- I always say, better to ask forgiveness than permission.
- That's the spirit... one part brave, three parts fool.
- Be strong, Eragon. [...] They will follow you wherever you want them to follow.
- You're the only one who can save us.
- I am Arya, princess of Ellesmera.
- Only yesterday, you were a farmboy...today, you are a hero.
- Poor Durza. How will he tell the King - he failed?
- We choose a leader for his heart.
- Without fear, there cannot be courage. But when we are together, it is our enemies who should be afraid!
- (about Brom) Eragon, let him die with pride...as a Dragon Rider.
- (after the final battle) We did it...together. Eragon, no. Even you don't have a heart strong enough for both of us.
- Careful old man, only my voice is gentle.
- I am Saphira. And you...are my rider.
- You're ridiculous! Hold on!
- You stupid boy!
- You're giving me no choice!
- As long as I am king, disloyalty will be punishable by death.
- When they learn that the legend is real, they will challenge me.
- I can't let them have hope.
- Gather my army and follow them(...) leave no one alive.
- DO NOT. PROLONG. MY. SUFFERING.
- Beyond these borders are remnants of the Resistance; Dwarves, Elves, the Varden.
- DO NOT. LET THEM. REACH THE VARDEN.
- There's no one left for you to fear, my king.
- I will find the boy, and kill him before he becomes a man.
- As you feared, the dragon has hatched...but to a mere farm boy.
- I expected something a little more...well, more.
- Congratulations, you've just been promoted!
- A young magician! How quaint!
- (last words) Hear her scream!
- Garrow: Your day will come too, Eragon, and you will decide for yourself the kind of life you wish to lead.
- King Hrothgar: Tell all our people that the battle we have prepared for has come to us.
- Angela: Great battles rage around you.
- Eragon: If you help me, won't the king kill you too?
- Brom: The king'll kill us all if you don't survive.
- Eragon: I barely recognize myself.
- Arya: You've come a long way, Eragon.
- Eragon: They still doubt me.
- Arya: They will doubt you until you prove otherwise.
- Eragon: And then?
- Arya: Then they'll follow you wherever you want them to follow... believe anything you want them to believe. That's how legends go.
- Arya: Did you know that people already tell stories about you?
- Eragon: Well, you know how legends go.
- Arya: The search for a Rider has been a long one.
- Eragon: But why me? I'm just a farmboy.
- Arya: Because that is who Saphira chose.
- (Repeated lines)
- Eragon: Be careful.
- Saphira: You be careful.
- Eragon: I didn't ask for any of this!
- Brom:You were chosen, nevertheless. A dragon will only hatch if it feels the presence of its Rider, even if it has to wait forever. Now it's found you. It will serve you and only you...
- Arya: Yesterday you were a farmboy. Today you are a hero. Tomorrow may see us together again.
- Eragon: Then I'll be waiting for tomorrow.
- Saphira: Tomorrow may come sooner than you think.
- Murtagh: You'll learn to trust me, Dragon Rider.
- (Saphira roars)
- Eragon: I'm not the only one you need to convince.
- Eragon: We need to get closer to his heart.
- Saphira: This time, rip it out of his chest!
- One boy.. One dragon... A world of adventure.
- The next great fantasy.
- When darkness falls ... A hero ... Will ride.
- Set the world on fire.
- This Christmas, the next generation will be born.
- As darkness falls, the last dragon will choose its rider.
- This year, the next Dragon Rider will rise.
- Riders Wanted
- You are stronger... Than you realize... Wiser... Than you know... What was once your life... Is now your legend
- Edward Speleers — Eragon
- Rachel Weisz — Saphira (voice)
- Jeremy Irons — Brom
- John Malkovich — Galbatorix
- Robert Carlyle — Durza
- Sienna Guillory — Arya
- Djimon Hounsou — Ajihad
- Garrett Hedlund — Murtagh
- Chris Egan — Roran
- Joss Stone — Angela
- Steven Spiers — Sloan
- Gary Lewis — Hrothgar
- Alun Armstrong — Garrow
- Caroline Chikezie — Nasuada
- Tamsin Egerton — Katrina
- Kimo Keoke — Dwarf 10
- Nils Allen Stewart — Lord Urgal