1974 American ensemble disaster film directed by Mark Robson
An event... Taglines
- You know, if it wasn't 7:30 in the morning, I would have a drink.
Sgt. Lew SladeEdit
- Earthquakes bring out the worst in some people.
- [first lines]
- Remy Royce-Graff: God damn it!
- Stewart Graff: Your last words to me last night; your first word in the morning. Ever thought about expanding your vocabulary?
- Dr. Stockle:You forecasted an earthquake in the 3 to 4 point range this morning. We HAD an earthquake in the 3 to 4 point range this morning. I'm impressed.
- Walter Russell:Thank you sir.
- Dr. Stockle:However, isn't that rather slender evidence for predicting a catastrophe?
- Mayor Lewis: The governor and I aren't even in the same party. If this turns out to be a false alarm, he'll make me out to be the biggest fool west of the Mississippi.
- Dr. Stockle: Second biggest. I'll top the list.
- [last lines]
- Dr. James Vance: This used to be a helluva town, officer.
- Sgt. Lew Slade: Yeah...
This movie was on the television in the background during the collapse of the Colombian buy in the movie Scarface (1983).
- An event...
- When the big one finally hits L.A.
- Charlton Heston – Stewart Graff
- Ava Gardner – Remy Royce-Graff
- George Kennedy – Sgt. Lew Slade
- Lorne Greene – Sam Royce
- Geneviève Bujold – Denise Marshall
- Richard Roundtree – Miles Quade
- Marjoe Gortner – Jody
- Barry Sullivan – Dr. Willis Stockle
- Lloyd Nolan – Dr. James Vance
- Victoria Principal – Rosa Amici
- Walter Matthau – Drunk