- It was magic. We became lovers for ever, eternally. Big words, I know, but I truly felt that no matter what happened we would always be in love.
- We were high-strung people. Possessive, jealous and liable to explode fast. When I lose my temper, you can’t find it any place. He’s the same.
- The problems were never in bed. The problems would start on the way to the bidet.
- On The Beach is a story about the end of the world, and Melbourne sure is the right place to film it.
- In 1959 during the filming of On the Beach.
- This has become a standing joke about Melbourne, but it's almost certainly either apocryphal or a misquotation.
Last modified on 9 April 2014, at 10:20