Contrast is a difference between two objects, people or concepts.
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Let us leave our old friend in one of those moments of unmixed happiness which, if we seek them, there are ever some, to cheer our transitory existence here. There are dark shadows on the earth, but its lights are stronger in the contrast. (896)
- Of several colors, all equally white, that will look whitest which is against the darkest background. And black will look intensest against the whitest background. And red will look most vivid against the yellowest background; and the same is the case with all colours when surrounded by their strongest contrasts.
- Leonardo da Vinci, The Notebooks of Leonardo da Vinci compiled from the original manuscripts by Jean Paul Richter, (1970) 150.
- To attempt an understanding of Muad'Dib without understanding his mortal enemies, the Harkonnens, is to attempt seeing Truth without knowing Falsehood. It is the attempt to see the Light without knowing Darkness. It cannot be.
- Frank Herbert Dune]] Book 1, From Manual of Muad'Dib by the Princess Irulan
- You'll find the duality exists all throughout the Giantess fetish, it is what makes the fetish so incredibly hot to those who have it. The girl receives pleasure and enjoyment while those below are crushed, eaten, and violated sexually by her, helpless to her whim and careless desires. It's the extreme contrast between pleasure, enjoyment, and light-heartedness of the female and the terror and horror of her victims that makes the fetish so powerful. It's almost as if the girl is so incredibly powerful and so physically dominate that she can destroy entire worlds with little care except her own. This duality of light and dark, power and helplessness, big and small, pleasure and terror, amplifies the POWER she has and displays- which is what this fetish is all about. Women with extreme amounts of power.
- Giantess Katelyn