Conan the Barbarian (2011 film)
- Directed by Marcus Nispel. Written by Thomas Dean Donnelly, Joshua Oppenheimer, and Sean Hood, based on the novel by Robert E. Howard.
- Run from me... and I will tear apart the mountains to find you! I will follow you to Hell!
- I live, I love, I slay... I am content.
- When a Cimmerian feels thirst, it is a thirst for blood. When he feels cold, it is the cold edge of steel. For the courage of a Cimmerian is tempered: he neither fears death... nor rushes foolishly to meet it. To be a Cimmerian warrior, you must have both cunning and balance as well as speed and strength.
- [Corin has just put an egg in each of the student's mouths, except Young Conan's, in preparation for a test] The first to circle the hills and return, the egg unbroken, earns the right to fight with the warriors. [Sends the students on the way as a Young Conan is looking disappointed] Oh, by Crom, boy. What are you waiting for? [Gives Young Conan an egg as he rushes on his way]
- [Forging a sword with Young Conan] The sword we make will be yours one day. But before you wield the sword, you must first understand it.
- Corin: What is most important when making a sword, fire or ice?
- Young Conan: Fire.
- [Corin looks at Young Conan with some disbelief]
- Young Conan: [pause] ... Ice?
- Corin: Are you sure?
- [pause; then Corin strikes the anvil with a newly-forged sword which breaks]
- Corin: Fire... and ice. That is the Riddle of Steel.
- Conan: You have a name?
- Tamara: Tamara Amalia Jorvi-Karashan. And yours?
- Conan: Conan.
- Tamara: [pause] Conan... that's it?
- Conan: How many names do I need?
- Conan: [referring to Tamara] Find her a weapon and leather armor.
- [Conan leaves]
- Artus: [to Tamara] I think he likes you.
- Khalar Zym: [holding up a bag of gold in exchange for Tamara] Your reward!
- Conan: I do not want your gold.
- Khalar Zym: Then what?
- Conan: I want your head!