Cheese is a food derived from milk that is produced in a wide range of flavors, textures, and forms by coagulation of the milk protein casein. It comprises proteins and fat from milk, usually the milk of cows, buffalo, goats, or sheep. During production, the milk is usually acidified, and adding the enzyme rennet causes coagulation. The solids are separated and pressed into final form.
- Like chalk and cheese.
- An expression meaning completely different.
- A meal without cheese is like a beautiful woman who lacks an eye.
- A slice of pie without cheese is like a kiss without a squeeze.
- Stephen King, Firestarter
- How can you govern a country where there are 246 different types of cheese?
- Many's the long night I've dreamed of cheese -- toasted, mostly.
- There's always free cheese in a mousetrap.
- To cut the cheese
- a euphemism for flatulence.
- Life is like a block of cheese, hard and smelly
- Anonymous
- [Cheese can] restore an old love and … ripen a young one.
- Casanova, Histoire de ma vie.
- The moon is made of a green cheese.
- John Heywood, Proverbs.
- "'Why did you yell, 'Cheese'?' And The Man would tell him mockingly, 'Because I felt like it, you stupid machine of poo." Breakfast of Champions (Chapter 16) Kurt Vonnegut
- Cheese is the celebration of milk when it goes 'off' big-time-stylee.