- Dwayne, you can get through college half-assed. Richard, you can get through LIFE half-assed. But I'll guarantee you boys one thing: sure as hell, I'll guarantee you this: you cannot win half-assed!
- Think, think, think! It's the thinking man's game!
- You took the purest thing in your life and corrupted it, for what? For what?
- Boys, the rules don't make much sense. But I believe in the rules. Some of us broke them. I broke them. I can't do this. I can't win like this.
- You know, some place in America right now, there's some 10-year-old kid. He's out there on that playground, and he's playing, he's dribbling between his legs, he's going left, he's going right, he's already above the rim, and he's stuffing it home. And you know what's going to happen to this kid? Five minutes from now he's gonna be surrounded by ya. Agents, corporate sponsors, and coaches, I mean, people like me just drooling over this kid because he holds our future employment in his hands. I mean, that's what we made this game. That's what we've done. You know, the best coaching job I ever did, that wasn't tonight, it was last season. When we were 14-15 and we had a losing season, but goddammit, those kids gave me their heart! They gave me everything they had, they played up to the MAXIMUM of their ability! They gave it everything, and it wasn't good enough! Wasn't good enough for me, wasn't good enough for you, wasn't good enough for anybody! That's pathetic. I mean, it's really pathetic. I've become what I despise. I cheated my profession, cheated myself, I cheated basketball. There's two words I didn't think would ever come out of my mouth, I didn't think I'd ever be able to say... I quit.
- I own you, Pete. You're mine!
- Slick: [about Neon] I'm not going to bullshit you Pete. He ain't no brain surgeon all right. He took the SAT recently and scored a 520 out of a possible 1600.
- Pete Bell: 520? You get 400 for just spelling your name correctly.
- Slick: That's it, he messed up on his name.
- Victory Doesn't Come Cheap
- If You're Going To Win At Any Cost, Be Prepared To Pay The Price