Black Snake Moan (film)
2006 American drama film directed by Craig Brewer
- Directed and written by Craig Brewer.
To save his soul he must save hers.taglines
- I remember my first time, it was out behind my uncle's barn with my second cousin. She was two tons if she weighed a pound, I could have done better for myself.
- I'm cookin' steaks fah dinnah. I expect you to stay.
- God put you in my path and I aim to cure you of your wicked ways.
- Cain slew Abel, slew him out of envy. God put his mark on Cain for his sins, is that what you want Deke? Huh? Is that what you come here for? I'll do it for you, all you got to do is say it again... Say you love me. [pause] SAY YOU LOVE ME NIGGA!
- Why you old men gotta talk so much? You gotta talk yourself into fucking me? Like little boys. It's okay. I'm grown, I know. We can go slow. [pause] You gonna give me another bath?
- I think... I think we're fucked up. I know I am. But that don't mean what I feel ain't real, that I can't love somebody. And I know what I done is real real bad, but um... [pause] So if you want to quit on me I understand. But please don't.
Reverend R. L.Edit
- Ima tell you something and it's just gonna be between you and me. I think folks carry on about heaven too much, like it's some kind of all you can eat buffet up in the clouds and folks just do as they told so they can eat what they want behind some pearly gates. There's sinning in my heart, there's evil in the world but when I got no one, I talk to God. I ask for strength, I ask for forgiveness. Not peace at the end of my days when I got no more life to live or no more good to do but today, right now... What's your heaven?
- Lazarus: Where the fuck all these people come from? I have been drinking in this shithole all my life, I ain't never seen this many people in here at once.
- Bojo: Shithole? Kiss my ass, Laz.
- Lazarus: Back at you, Mutherfucker.
- [Gill hands Laz a flask after he had tricked him into showing up at the club to play]
- Lazarus: That's right, preacher, get me drunk so I don't stick my foot up your ass.
- Local Mechanic: It's already noon, Rae. Do you think those shorts should still be on?
- Rae: Well if they weren't you could kiss my rebel cooch, faggot.
- Gill: I thought you had some shorts on earlier.
- Rae: I got others.
- Lazarus: I ain't gonn' be moved on this. Right or wrong, you gonn' mind me. Like Jesus Christ said, "Imma suffa' you. IMMA SUFFA' YOU!" Get yo ass back in my house!
- Rae: Or what? Or what? [spits in Lazarus' face]
- Lazarus: So what you know how to make?
- Rae: I don't fuckin' cook.
- Lazarus: You know Rae, I've met a lot of hard mouthed people in my day...
- Rae: Alright, alright. Look, I put the God damn dress on alright? I think I'm handlin' myself with a little bit of fuckin' restraint. I mean you got me chained up here like I'm some kind of dog!
- Lazarus: Mayella, it ain't never happened. And it damn sure ain't gonna happen tonight.
- Mayella: Oh, Laz, I know you're hurtin'. But you should know more than me, ain't no better cure for the blues than some good pussy. [kisses him lightly]
- Rae: I just think you should'a kept him off me, that's all!
- Sandy: The hell are you talkin' about?
- Rae: Now see? Don't do that. I'll go along with all you say about me. But that, you can't pretend no more on that 'cause I was just a kid, Momma. [pause] I didn't know about any of that stuff he was doing to me, and you let him do it. Some big nobody in your life and you let him do as he wanted with the only somebody you had!
- [Sandy walks up to Rae and grabs her by the arm]
- Rae: I'm sorry, Mama! I didn't mean to shout...
- Sandy: All my life I been putting out your fires with you givin' out your snatch to every waggin' dick in this town, and you gonna lay the blame at my feet? Well, I ain't gonna take that!
- Rae: But Momma, just tell me! I'm not gonna be mad. We can just talk about it! Be eye to eye on this. You don't even gotta say you're sorry, just say how you knew!
- Sandy: Only thing I'm sorry for is listening to my parents and having you, instead of doing what I should'a done!
- [Rae grabs a mop and attacks her mother]
- Rae: TELL ME YOU DON'T KNOW! GODDAMNED LIAR! SAY IT! JUST FUCKING SAY IT! YOU WERE IN THE NEXT ROOM, YOU BITCH!
- To save his soul he must save hers.
- Everything is hotter down south.
- Samuel L. Jackson - Lazarus Redd
- Christina Ricci - Rae Doole
- Justin Timberlake - Ronnie Morgan
- John Cothran, Jr. - R.L.
- S. Epatha Merkerson - Angela
- David Banner - Tehronne
- Kim Richards - Sandy Doole
- Son House (archive footage) - Himself
- Neimus K. Williams - Lincoln James
- Michael Raymond-James - Gill Morton
- Adriane Lenox - Rose Woods
- Leonard L. Thomas - Deke Woods
- Jeff Pope - Batson
- Clare Grant - Kell