large meal or feast
(Redirected from Banquets)
|This food article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety.
- Come when the heart beats high and warm,
With banquet song, and dance, and wine!
- I shall treat the bird as befits him, I shall treat Anzud as befits him. I shall greet his wife affectionately. I shall seat Anzud's wife and Anzud's child at a banquet.
- Hommes, femmes et enfants, à vous de choisir; vous pouvez rester esclaves dans l'état de colonie, ou devenir indépendant et libre, au milieu des autres peuples qui, de leurs voix toutes puissantes vous convient au banquet des nations.
- Men, women and children, the choice is yours; you can remain slaves in the state of colony, or become independent and free, amongst the other peoples that, with their powerful voices beckon you to the banquet of nations.
- Honoré Mercier, speech of April 4, 1893.