- This article is about the cured meat. For other uses, see Bacon (disambiguation).
Bacon is a cured meat prepared from a pig. It is first cured using large quantities of salt, either in a brine or in a dry packing; the result is fresh bacon (also green bacon). Fresh bacon may then be further dried for weeks or months (usually in cold air), boiled, or smoked. Fresh and dried bacon must be cooked before eating. Boiled bacon is ready to eat, as is some smoked bacon, but either may be cooked further before eating.
|This food article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Bacon is something that everybody is familiar with and most people grew up eating. It has a comfort aspect to it and a familiarity. It's also got an addictive aspect to it - that sweet and salty combination of flavors. And it's probably just a little bit unhealthy for you. When you get to have bacon, it's exciting and something you look forward to.
- Ethically, she couldn't cause the suffering of any living thing. Logically, bacon cheeseburgers were delicious.
- They fried the fish with bacon and were astonished, for no fish had ever seemed so delicious before.
- For us the pig's the means, while bacon is the end / Providing gustatory heights to which we can ascend.