Arthur 2: On the Rocks
1988 film directed by Bud Yorkin
No Money. Still Funny.
- [to Arthur] If projectile vomiting ever becomes an Olympic event, you would do your country proud.
- Hobson: [Arthur is conversing with the ghost of Hobson] Arthur, I've seen your son.
- Arthur: [inebriated, looks stricken] Oh!
- Hobson: I've told him all about you. But he still wants to meet you very much.
- Arthur: Ah, old man, you're not playing fair!
- Susan: Weren't we happy, Arthur?
- Arthur: Of course. Then we meet.
- Arthur: What can I do, Hobson? I mean what would you do if you were me?
- Hobson: The word "bathe" comes to mind.
- Arthur: Yesterday, I sold some blood at a hospital.
- Hobson: Hospital? I should've thought a local distillery would have paid you much more.
- Bitterman: Mr. Bach?
- Athur: Bitterman! How the hell are you?
- Bitterman: Sir, what are you doing here?
- Arthur: They said I'd never make it Bitterman, they said the city would eat me alive. But not look at me, I got my own pail and my own squeegee, I showed them ALL!
- Martha Bach: Arthur?
- Arthur: Martha!
- Martha Bach: Arthur, what are you doing?
- Arthur: Well, I was...
- Martha Bach: Are you going to marry Susan Johnson or not?
- Arthur: I already told you Martha, I can't!
- Martha Bach: Enough is enough, Arthur. Marry the bitch!
- Arthur: You marry her, Martha!
- Arthur: Where's Mrs. Bach? Is she...
- Fairchild: Madam awoke early. She had some phone calls to make.
- Arthur: Ah. Ah, well in that case, put on one of her nightgowns and come in here, would you?
- Fairchild: Sir?
- Arthur: Oh, come on, Fairchild. I know you want it. I've seen the way you look at me. [Fairchild heads towards the closet] Hey! Fairchild, I'm kidding! I'm kidding. God, it's the truth. Don't they ever kid each other on your planet?
- Dudley Moore - Arthur Bach
- Liza Minnelli - Linda Morolla Bach
- John Gielgud - Hobson
- Geraldine Fitzgerald - Martha Bach
- Kathy Bates - Mrs. Canby
- Paul Benedict - Fairchild
- Stephen Elliot - Bert Johnson
- Cynthia Sikes - Susan Johnson
- Jack Gilford - Mr. Butterworth
- Ron Canada - Bartender
- Barney Martin - Ralph Marolla