Angelina Ballerina: The Next Steps
Angelina Ballerina: The Next Steps is a British-American musical CGI animated television series that premiered on 5 September 2009, on PBS Kids in the United States. It is a continuation of the Angelina Ballerina television series from 2001–2006; both series are in turn based on the Angelina Ballerina series of children's books by Katharine Holabird, the author and Helen Craig, the illustrator.
- 1 Series 1 (2009–10)
- 1.1 Angelina's New Home / Angelina's New School [1.1]
- 1.2 Angelina's New Ballet Teacher / Angelina's Dance Partner [1.2]
- 1.3 Angelina's Gift for Ms. Mimi / Angelina's Oldest Friend [1.3]
- 1.4 Angelina and the Hip Hop Kid / Angelina and the Broken Fiddle [1.4]
- 1.5 Angelina and Alice's Big Night / Angelina and the Giant [1.5]
- 1.6 Angelina's Musical Day / Angelina's Crazy Solo [1.6]
- 1.7 Angelina and the Irish Jig / Angelina En Pointe [1.7]
- 1.8 Angelina and the Rock Band / Angelina's Lost Ice Skates [1.8]
- 1.9 Angelina and the New Music Store / Angelina and Ms. Mimi [1.9]
- 1.10 Angelina and Super Polly / Angelina's Dance Like a Cake Day [1.10]
- 1.11 Angelina's Sleepover / Angelina's Noisy, Messy Lunchtime [1.11]
- 1.12 Angelina's Holiday Treats / Angelina and the Front Row Ticket [1.12]
- 1.13 Angelina Keeps the Peace / Angelina and Alice Mousikova [1.13]
- 1.14 Angelina and Gracie's Creative Day / Angelina's Big Part [1.14]
- 1.15 Angelina and the Tummy Butterflies / Angelina and the Magician [1.15]
- 1.16 Angelina Cheerleader / Angelina's Ballet School [1.16]
- 1.17 Angelina and the Roquefort's Rhythmic Ghost / Angelina's Lunch Table [1.17]
- 1.18 Angelina and the Big News / Angelina's Secret Valentine [1.18]
- 1.19 Angelina and the Front Page / Angelina's Cheese Roll [1.19]
- 1.20 Angelina and the Musical Plant / Angelina's Hip Hop Boys Show [1.20]
- 1.21 Angelina and the Cheddar Cheese Slide / Angelina and the Case of the Missing Music [1.21]
- 1.22 Angelina, the Pet Sitter / Angelina and the Music Box [1.22]
- 1.23 Angelina and the Dance-A-Thon / Angelina and the Art Show [1.23]
- 1.24 Angelina's Hiccups / Angelina and the Must-Have Ballet Bag [1.24]
- 1.25 Angelina's Room / Angelina's Camembert Parade [1.25]
- 1.26 Angelina and the Band Leader / Angelina and Polly's Two-Hour Show [1.26]
- 1.27 Angelina and the Marcel Mouseau Mime Challenge / Angelina and the Dance Craze [1.27]
- 1.28 Angelina and the Mouselinghood of the Dancing Shoes / Angelina and Her Parent's Dance Lesson [1.28]
- 1.29 Angelina and the New Jeans / Angelina and the Poster [1.29]
- 1.30 Angelina's Nature Dance / Angelina's Spring Fling [1.30]
- 2 Series 2 (2010)
- 2.1 Angelina's Fancy Tutu / Angelina and the Musical Theater [2.1]
- 2.2 Angelina and the Heart on Ice / Angelina's Kitchen Band [2.2]
- 2.3 Angelina and the Carnival / Angelina Jumps the River [2.3]
- 2.4 Angelina and the Windy Children's Day / Angelina and Ms. Mimi's Dance [2.4]
- 2.5 Angelina and the Mini Mouseling / Angelina's Helpful Friend [2.5]
- 2.6 Angelina's Mother's Day / Angelina's Father's Day Surprise [2.6]
- 2.7 Angelina and Polly's Big Day / Angelina and the Smelly Cheese [2.7]
- 2.8 Angelina's Indian Lunchtime / Angelina, A.Z. and Cheezy Z [2.8]
- 2.9 Angelina's Trick or Treat Feat / Angelina and the Laughing Poet [2.9]
- 2.10 Angelina and the Dragon Dance / Angelina's Opera [2.10]
- 3 Voice cast
- 4 See also
- 5 External links
Series 1 (2009–10)Edit
Angelina's New Home / Angelina's New School [1.1]Edit
Angelina's New Ballet Teacher / Angelina's Dance Partner [1.2]Edit
Angelina's Gift for Ms. Mimi / Angelina's Oldest Friend [1.3]Edit
- Gracie, Marco, and Viki: Camembert kids never--
- Alice: STOP!!! It's. My. Turn!
- Angelina: [after the gift, decorations and birthday cake got ruined] No gift, no decorations, and no cake! Not a very good birthday party. [cries]
- [The scene cuts to where Angelina, Viki, Gracie, and Marco are staring at the ruined birthday cake that Marco just made. Now they end up with no gift, no decorations, and no treats/baked goods to share]
- Angelina: We can't have a birthday party without a cake!
- [Angelina, the girls and Marco know that they're too late to make or buy a new cake; as there's no time to make nor buy a new one. They also have no decorations nor present either. It turns out to be ruined. However, before they give up, Polly hatches a plan]
- Polly: [running up to Angelina, Marco, Viki, and Gracie; then whips out her untouched and uneaten leftover muffin from her bag] We can (always) use my muffin as a cake.
- [Polly knows she always has back-ups with plans if she has any whenever something goes wrong]
- Angelina: [takes the muffin from Polly as she has suggested to serve Polly's "treats"] Thanks Polly.
- [So therefore, Polly's "treats" are served. The kids are set to have Polly's treats which are the muffins that she, Angelina, and their mom had made The "birthday treat" is Polly's treats instead of cake]
- Gracie: Here's your card. [hands Ms. Mimi her birthday card]
- Viki: We drew it ourselves.
- Polly: [sets out Ms. Mimi's birthday "cupcake"; which is actually a muffin with a birthday candle] And here is your cake. [notes that it's really a muffin; and looks at it half sadly] Well, sort of.
- [The mouselings and Ms. Mimi have Polly's treats; muffins instead of cake. However, Polly did say it was "sort of" like a cake/cupcakes]
Angelina and the Hip Hop Kid / Angelina and the Broken Fiddle [1.4]Edit
Angelina and Alice's Big Night / Angelina and the Giant [1.5]Edit
Angelina's Musical Day / Angelina's Crazy Solo [1.6]Edit
- Mrs. Mouseling: And what role are you, Angelina?
- Angelina: I'm the bird, mom. I'm playing the flute.
- Polly: What kind of fruit? I love bananas, but they don't do any sound.
- Angelina: Not fruit, Polly, a flute.
- Polly: And don't play the fruit instead of a flute.
- Angelina: Is Gracie okay?
- Marco: She's quackers.
- Angelina, Gracie, Marco, and Viki: Good morning, Ms. Mimi!
- Ms. Mimi: [points at her throat]
- Viki: She's trying to say something.
- Ms. Mimi: [writes in her notebook]
- Angelina: It says she lost her voice.
- Gracie: If Ms. Mimi lost her voice...
- Marco: Oh no.
- Ms. Mimi: [gestures that she doesn't know]
- Angelina: [about Ms. Mimi calling everyone with music] It's gonna go on all morning.
Angelina and the Irish Jig / Angelina En Pointe [1.7]Edit
- Gracie: Sorry, Angelina, I did my best to stop her.
- Viki: Stop me?
- Gracie: No.
- Viki: I was right all along. There is something going on, and I was coming here to say sorry to you. [cries]
- Angelina: Vici, I'm really sorry for what I did to your music.
- Viki: Then why are you always whispering about me and making silly secret plans?
- Angelina: Because I wanted to make a surprise Irish party for you to say a really big sorry.
- Viki: So that's what all the whispering and planning was about?
- Angelina: Uh-huh.
- Viki: Well, I'm sorry now.
Angelina and the Rock Band / Angelina's Lost Ice Skates [1.8]Edit
- Angelina: [after waking up] Polly, am I dreaming or is the ice skate show really today?
- Polly: It's really, really, really today!
- Angelina: How do I look?
- Alice: Perfect. How about me?
- Polly: Double perfect.
- Mrs. Mouseling: Hang on a minute, girls. Now you have a busy day ahead of you. You need to keep track of your time and your things.
- Angelina: Don't worry, mom. We'll be the responsible mouselings of all in Mouse Land.
- Mrs. Mouseling: Do you have everything you need?
- Angelina: Not at all.
- Mrs. Mouseling: How about these?
- [Polly reveals the lunch bags and Angelina gets them]
- Angelina: Oops.
- Mrs. Mouseling: Ahem. And these?
- [She reveals the ice skates and Alice gets them]
- Alice: Double oops.
- Angelina: [after seeing her and Alice's lunches being gobbled by birds] Sorry, I didn't know birds really like jam sandwiches.
- Angelina: Oh no, oh no, on no!
- Alice: Oh what?
Angelina and the New Music Store / Angelina and Ms. Mimi [1.9]Edit
- [The scene cuts to where Angelina has to stay after school and she's in the classroom. That afternoon, Ms. Mimi has asked Angelina to stay after school for after school detention because Angelina was talking in class. She was making noises like the drum after being asked for quiet. Now, it cuts to where Angelina is in after school detention. She is facing Ms. Mimi right at her desk]
- Ms. Mimi: [angrily to Angelina; she is angry and surprised] So, when I asked for quiet, Angelina, I really do expect to get it! I am surprised!
- Angelina: [apologizing Ms. Mimi for talking in class] I am sorry, Ms. Mimi.
- [But although Angelina apologizes, she knows that it does not cut it. Really, she's still in trouble; as in reality, if one apologizes, sometimes it does not allow them to get away with being punished. Sometimes it doesn't and therefore, they still have to pay the consequence. That means they must be accountable for their actions. In this case like for Angelina who talked in class, she has to stay after school and see Ms. Mimi to do after school detention. Possibly for a whole week and no drum day on said day. So, as a result, Angelina is still in trouble. She still did something in class that she was not supposed to do. And it was indeed on purpose. After school detention for a week assigned by Ms. Mimi might seem like a long time, but that is Angelina's punishment]
Angelina and Super Polly / Angelina's Dance Like a Cake Day [1.10]Edit
Angelina's Sleepover / Angelina's Noisy, Messy Lunchtime [1.11]Edit
- [Angelina tries to talk her mom into letting her and Gracie and Vicki have a sleepover. Mrs. Mouseling is playing cards with Polly]
- Angelina: [asks her mother about a sleepover] Please, can Gracie and Viki sleep over? Please? Please?
- [Mrs. Mouseling is playing cards with Polly. Then she turns to Angelina]
- Mrs. Mouseling: [to Angelina] Oh, Angelina? [trying to warn Angelina that a sleepover might not be a good idea for if Angelina does have a sleepover, it must not be called a "sleepover" because no one sleeps] Are you sure that a sleepover is a great idea?
- Angelina: Why not?
- Mrs. Mouseling: [tells Angelina why a sleepover might not be a good idea] Well, because for one thing, they should NEVER even be called "sleepovers" since no one ever sleeps.
- [The scene cuts to the next day. When morning comes, Mrs. Mouseling turns on the light in the attic and wakes up Angelina, Vicki, and Gracie. She says out a big, long "RISE AND SHINE!"; out loud that it echoes through the attic window]
- Mrs. Mouseling: [trying to wake up Angelina, Viki, and Gracie and to wake them up, she says the traditional idiom when one tries to wake up another] Rise and shine, (girls)!
- [The girls are too tired since they were up all night]
- Mrs. Mouseling: Oh dear. You girls must have been up very, very late.
- Angelina: Look, I think we broke lamp.
- Mrs. Mouseling: Luckily the lamp isn't broken. But you did break your promise.
- Ms. Mimi: The only dance you can do on this stage is "Sleeping Beauty". So I am going to have to ask you three to go home and go straight to bed. [tells the girls how they are going to make up] We can a make up rehearsal later this afternoon.
- Gracie: [mentions that she and Angelina and Viki have the fair; the Silly Hat Carnival. And she knows that she and the others may have to miss it since they have an afternoon rehearsal for a make up rehearsal] But, that is when the carnival starts...!
- Ms. Mimi: Mm-hmm.
- Angelina: Oh no.
- Ms. Mimi: [to Angelina, Gracie and Vicki] If you like, you can do the fair and miss the rehearsal.
- Gracie: [smiles] We can?
- Ms. Mimi: Yes. But if you miss the rehearsal, you have to miss out the performance.
- Angelina: [as she and Gracie and Viki have the choice between the performance or the carnival] Oh no.
- Ms. Mimi: If you have not rehearsed, that would be not fair to the dance, the audience, nor to yourselves. Think about it girls. It's your decision.
- [The scene cutting to Angelina's house]
- Polly: [is prepared for the fair] Woo-hoo! Carnival time!
- [But Angelina has made the right choice to go to the rehearsal and not the carnival. So she tells Polly that she is not doing the fair.]
- Angelina: [still holds her crown] I'm not doing the fair this year, Polly.
- [This is the last time that Angelina mentions the fair]
- Polly: But, it is the silly hat carnival.
- Angelina: Why don't you wear my hat?
- Polly: [as Angelina hands her hat to her] Wow! Me? For real!
- [Polly might be able to wear Angelina's crown which Angelina had made with her friends the night before; she might even wear it to the performance too. Even though Angelina was supposed to go to the fair. But since she and Vicki and Gracie had the choice from Ms. Mimi between doing the performance or the fair, Angelina made the right decision to go to not the carnival but the rehearsal.]
- Angelina: Yes, Polly. It's all yours.
- [Angelina heads out the door and off to rehearsals]
- Angelina: Well, I must be going to rehearsals like I promised Ms. Mimi.
- Mrs. Mouseling: That's my little girl.
- Angelina: You mean, "Your big girl". [hugs her mom] Big girls keep promises. [leaves the house to the afternoon rehearsal with Ms. Mimi, Gracie and Viki]
- [The scene cut to night time. Angelina is preparing on bed and goes to bed early; knowing that she has plans for the performance.]
- Angelina: [narrating] Now, it is the night before the performance. So I have big plans.
- [Angelina now in her pajamas is seen getting ready for bed and preparing for the performance which is the next day. Mrs. Mouseling and Polly are watching her; happy that Angelina went to bed early]
- Polly: Look! Angelina went to bed very, very, early!
- Mrs. Mouseling: She is going to be one well rested little dancer.
- [After the performance is over]
- Polly: Mommy?
- Mrs. Mouseling: Yes, Polly?
- Polly: [like Angelina, Polly tries to talk her mother into a sleepover with friends] When am I having a sleepover?
- [Mrs. Mouseling sighs and puts her hand over her brow. This means she would not want to have Polly do the same thing that Angelina had. Mrs. Mouseling does this as if she rather not hear the word "overnight" again for a long time. Really, she rather not hear it again for a long time]
Angelina's Holiday Treats / Angelina and the Front Row Ticket [1.12]Edit
- Angelina: [sadly] I have invited too many people. Now everyone is cross with me!
- Mr. Mouseling: There must be a solution. Let's think.
- [Angelina's frown turns into a smile for planning a solution]
- Angelina: [for one solution] Maybe Alice could come in a very big purse...!
- [The scene cuts to the said theater where "The Nutcracker" where Angelina and Vicki have a big, giant purse big enough for a mouseling that size to fit inside like Alice. And Alice is inside of it and indeed fits inside the giant purse]
- Angelina: [for a second solution] Or Vicki could dress up as a pet canary...!
- [The next scene shows to where the said theater where Angelina and Alice have Viki in a bird cage and Viki is dressed up as a pet canary]
- Angelina: They might not allow pets.
- [The third scene shows to the said theater where Alice and Viki are dressed up as a conjoined twin or "conjoined sister"]
- Angelina: [for a third solution] Or, maybe they could come as a two headed lady!
- [However, Angelina knows the correct truth of what would happen if she and her friends try one of those three false solutions; a giant purse, a pet canary, or a two headed lady]
- Angelina: [as the scene cuts back to reality] On second thought, none of that may work. Oh dear!
- [Polly taunts that she is going to the nutcracker; taunting Angelina. She dances with the nutcracker doll]
- Polly: ♪ POLLY'S GOING TO THE NUTCRACKER! ♪
- Angelina: Oh, what can I do?
- Mr. Mouseling: You have a hard solution to make. But I know you may think of something fair.
- Angelina: [has a solution] Well, there is one thing I can do. But it's a super, super, duper tough thing to do. Really, truly, hard.
- [The scene cuts to night]
- Angelina: [narrating] I did the super tough solution. I gave up my tickets so both Alice and Vicki could go.
- Mrs. Mouseling: [to Angelina] I am sorry, dear. [kisses Angelina] Your friends and I really wish that we could get another ticket.
- Angelina: Me too.
- Mr. Mouseling: We are proud of you for making a grown up choice.
- Angelina: Thanks, Dad. Are you sure my name is on the waiting list to see "The Nutcracker"?
- Mr. Mouseling: Yes. But we cannot get our hopes up.
Angelina Keeps the Peace / Angelina and Alice Mousikova [1.13]Edit
Angelina and Gracie's Creative Day / Angelina's Big Part [1.14]Edit
Angelina and the Tummy Butterflies / Angelina and the Magician [1.15]Edit
Angelina Cheerleader / Angelina's Ballet School [1.16]Edit
Angelina and the Roquefort's Rhythmic Ghost / Angelina's Lunch Table [1.17]Edit
Angelina and the Big News / Angelina's Secret Valentine [1.18]Edit
Angelina and the Front Page / Angelina's Cheese Roll [1.19]Edit
Angelina and the Musical Plant / Angelina's Hip Hop Boys Show [1.20]Edit
Angelina and the Cheddar Cheese Slide / Angelina and the Case of the Missing Music [1.21]Edit
Angelina, the Pet Sitter / Angelina and the Music Box [1.22]Edit
- Polly: [crying; and jumps from foot to foot] I NEED MY MUSIC BOX! I WANT TO WALTZ!
- AZ: Wait a minute. You do not need the music box to waltz, Polly.
Angelina and the Dance-A-Thon / Angelina and the Art Show [1.23]Edit
Angelina's Hiccups / Angelina and the Must-Have Ballet Bag [1.24]Edit
Angelina's Room / Angelina's Camembert Parade [1.25]Edit
- Angelina: I heard you playing the harmonica. Do you mind if I come in and listen?
- Gracie: Of course not, Angelina.
- Angelina: I'm sorry I've been such a grouchy mouse.
- Gracie: I'm sorry I ruined your reading. Maybe we could read your book together.
- Angelina: I've got a better idea. Let's do the pirate dance just once before we go to sleep.
- Gracie: Qui.
Angelina and the Band Leader / Angelina and Polly's Two-Hour Show [1.26]Edit
Angelina and the Marcel Mouseau Mime Challenge / Angelina and the Dance Craze [1.27]Edit
- Polly: [after hearing from Angelina that Marco cannot speak until 6 o'clock] Oh. I don't like it when Marco does not speak.
- [Polly runs up to Marco]
- Polly: [in a sneaky little sister smile] I am making him!
- [Polly tickles Marco on the tummy. She does it to make Marco speak]
- Polly: Tickle, tickle, tickle.
- [Polly tickles Marco on the tummy; this time pinning him to the floor with herself on him]
- Polly: Tickle, tickle, tickle.
- Angelina: [taunts Marco about Polly] Sorry, Marco. I wish I could stop her. But I can't tell you how little sisters are! [laughs]
Angelina and the Mouselinghood of the Dancing Shoes / Angelina and Her Parent's Dance Lesson [1.28]Edit
Angelina and the New Jeans / Angelina and the Poster [1.29]Edit
- Angelina: [she is paired up with not Alice; but Marco] But I wanted to be paired with Alice! Alice and I already talked about it!
- Ms. Mimi: Sorry, Angelina. But you and Alice always pair up together. And this time I want you to be with someone else; like Marco. That way you can explore different approaches and styles.
- [After wasting one too many sheets of paper for the poster]
- Ms. Mimi: [hands Angelina a new sheet of paper for the poster; but tells Angelina that it is the last one] This is the last one I am afraid, Angelina.
- [Angelina takes the sheet of paper]
- Angelina: [to Marco about the last piece of paper] Well, I don't know what to do!
Angelina's Nature Dance / Angelina's Spring Fling [1.30]Edit
- Angelina: [to Vicki, Alice, and Gracie] I have the most stupendous idea where we can go. [as they exit down the stairs and off to the park] Lots of nature; but no little sisters.
- [The scene cuts to Polly and Mrs. Mouseling. Polly cries because she does not ever get to spend time with Angelina and her friends. Angelina was nasty to her when Polly herself was trying to be a bumblebee with Angelina, Vicki, Alice, and Gracie]
- Polly: [crying] That's not fair. I wanted to stay and be a bee with the little big girls.
- Mrs. Mouseling: [hugging Polly on her lap; after Angelina had made her cry] I know dear. But you will be a big girl one day.
Series 2 (2010)Edit
Angelina's Fancy Tutu / Angelina and the Musical Theater [2.1]Edit
Angelina and the Heart on Ice / Angelina's Kitchen Band [2.2]Edit
Angelina and the Carnival / Angelina Jumps the River [2.3]Edit
Angelina and the Windy Children's Day / Angelina and Ms. Mimi's Dance [2.4]Edit
Angelina and the Mini Mouseling / Angelina's Helpful Friend [2.5]Edit
Angelina's Mother's Day / Angelina's Father's Day Surprise [2.6]Edit
- [At the dance class]
- Ms. Mimi: Repeat after me just the way I am speaking.
- [Ms. Mimi states a quiet sentence]
- Ms. Mimi: [whispers] Today, we are going to learn the word "dynamics".
- All: [whispering] Today, we are going to learn the word "dynamics".
- Ms. Mimi: [says the sentence again but in a loud voice] TODAY WE ARE GOING TO LEARN THE WORD "DYNAMICS"!
- All: [they say the same sentence again like Ms. Mimi; but repeat it in a loud voice] TODAY WE ARE GOING TO LEARN THE WORD "DYNAMICS"!
- Ms. Mimi: Good. [then to Angelina, Vicki, Gracie and Marco] What is different about those two sentences? [Angelina raises her hand] Yes, Angelina?
- Angelina: The first one is soft. The second one is loud.
- Ms. Mimi: Exactly. We changed the dynamics. First the loudness, then the softness.
- Angelina: [narrating] Right after breakfast, Mom put her feet up. And we got to work.
- [Mrs. Mouseling is reading a book]
- Mrs. Mouseling: I am looking forward to a peaceful rest.
- [Angelina and Polly are singing a song called "The Itsy, Bitsy, Spider" while putting the books away for their mom]
- Angelina and Polly: ♪ The itsy, bitsy, spider went up the water spout. ♪
- ♪ Down came the rain and washed the spider out. ♪
- ♪ Out came the sun and dried up all the rain. ♪
- ♪ And the itsy, bitsy spider went up the spout again. ♪
- Polly: [as Angelina looks at the big mess after she and Polly made with the books that they were supposed to put away and made them into a tower] What is it, Angelina?
- Angelina: We were going to give Mom a really nice Mother's Day (surprise and present). But we made too much noise...! [looks at the mess] And a big mess.
- [Polly adds more books to her pile; then to Angelina after their said song hoping to try to get to have the same song or another song going on again]
- Polly: Are we going to build some more?
- Angelina: No, Polly. We need to put the books away now.
- Polly: Okey dokey. [sings a non-lexical song; a song being an inanimate one] ♪ La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la! ♪
- Angelina: And we need to do it quietly. So Mom can relax.
- Polly: [gets loud again] OKEY DOKEY!
- Angelina: Shhhh! [remembers the word her teacher Ms. Mimi had told her about the day before; which was about "dynamics". Then she tells it to Polly] I know. Ms. Mimi, she was talking about dynamics yesterday. Loud music makes you want to jump around. Quiet music always makes you dance very softly. [to Polly] Polly? Do you want to help me?
- Polly: Yes, please with cheese.
- Angelina: I want to sing a quiet little song. Can you sing along with me.
- Polly: Mm-hmm. I guess so.
- Angelina: And while we are doing it, we can put the books away.
- Polly: Okay, Angelina.