Prof. Dr. Abdus Salam (January 29 1926 – November 21 1996) was a Pakistani theoretical physicist who received the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1979 for his work in electroweak theory which is the mathematical and conceptual synthesis of the electromagnetic and weak interactions, the latest stage reached until now on the path towards a unification theory describing the fundamental forces of nature.
|This article about a physicist is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- By generalization of methods developed by Kamefuchi, O'Raifeartaigh, and Salam, conditions for renormalizability of general gauge theories of massive vector mesons are derived. ... It is shown that all theories based on simple Lie groups (with the one exception of the neutral vector meson theory in interaction with a conserved current) are unrenormalizable.
- (1 July 1962)"Renormalizability of Gauge Theories". Phys. Rev. 127.
- "Thou seest not, in the creation of the All-merciful any imperfection, Return thy gaze, seest thou any fissure. Then Return thy gaze, again and again. Thy gaze, Comes back to thee dazzled, aweary."
- This in effect is, the faith of all physicists; the deeper we seek, the more is our wonder excited, the more is the dazzlement for our gaze.
- The Holy Quran enjoins us to reflect on the verities of Allah’s created laws of nature; however, that our generation has been privileged to glimpse a part of His design is a bounty and a grace for which I render thanks with a humble heart.
- Address to UNESCO (1979), as published in Ideals and Realities: Selected Essays of Abdus Salam (1989), p. 251.
- Documentary Film on the Science and Life of Dr. Abdus Salam
- The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics
- Abdus Salam bio on Nobel site
- The Nobel Prize in Physics 1979
- Abdus Salam CV
- Islam and Science: Concordance or Conflict?, speech delivered to UNESCO (27 April 1984)
- COMSATS Secretariat
- Biography of Abdus Salam by Imperial College colleague
- An Interesting And Detailed Article On the Life of Dr. Abdus Salam In Urdu
- PBS documentary on strings, contains clip of award ceremony with Abdus Salam
- Salam +50 Conference at Imperial College
- Contributions of Professor Abdus Salam as member of PAEC
- Pakistan shuns physicist linked to 'God particle' (Associated Press, 9 July 2012)