Abdel Fattah el-Sisi
Abdel Fattah Saeed Hussein Khalil el-Sisi (Arabic: عبد الفتاح سعيد حسين خليل , ‘Abd al-Fattāḥ Sa‘īd Ḥusayn Khalīl al-Sīsī, IPA: [ʕæbdel.fætˈtæːħ sæˈʕiːd ħeˈseːn xæˈliːl esˈsiːsi]; more commonly known as Balaha), (born 19 November 1954) is an Egyptian General who is the sixth and current President of Egypt, in office since 2014.
- The Egyptian Army is a great patriotic army, The Egyptian Army is a very noble and tough army, and it's toughness comes from it's nobility.
- I want to tell you that, when the army of Egypt came down the streets, came to protect you, and stayed for 18 months, none of the soldiers harmed you, Our hands must be cut if they would harm you. I am repeating this for you to know, during those 18 months, there were 150,000 soldier in the streets. it means for 500 days with 150,000 soldier in the street there were 7.5 million possibilities, we were struggling not to harm any Egyptian!
- We don't forget, and won't forget.
- We are noble people, consider what am saying carefully, we don't know neither treachery nor treason nor guile nor Intrigues. We don't do such things. I am reminding you and myself. we don't betray, we don't plot. We are noble patriotic establishment.
- For a year we dealt with the ex-president with an ultimate nobility. we were honest in everything. we had delivered our estimates of the situation we has reached to the president. that isn't something new to us, we were seeing all this. we warned him, we said that we would reach a fighting under the name of religion. the fighting would turn from a political one into a religious one. No! Stop! Is the Islam, yours only?
- I swear again, I had been told that they came to rule for 500 years. but how? you would rule as long as the people are satisfied with your rule, as long as they want you only.
- If all of those millions, their demands haven't been achieved, they would have turned into aggressive revolts, and then we -as armed forces- wouldn't have had the ability to deal with that.
- The Egyptian people have free will. they choose whoever they want to rule them. The Army and the Police now are careful for people's will to choose their rulers.
- We know God well, we don't fear dying but we fear only standing in front of God. but as we are sure we are on the right way, there is no problem.
- The nobility of securing the people's will, is more important to me than Egypt's rule.
- Simply, all what we did is that we avoided the country a big crisis and a battle between Egyptians. Beware, instead of Egyptians fighting each other, no, you can fight us, and we protect all. how many would fight us? but Egyptians fighting each other would be a big war, thousands may die, and maybe miliions.
- Simply, all what we did is that we avoided the country a big crisis and a battle between Egyptians. Beware, instead of Egyptians fighting each other, no, you can fight us, and we protect all. how many would fight us? but Egyptians fighting each other would be a big war we couldn't have had the ability to deal with.
- We can bear that. for the sake of our country, are you blaming us for loving our country or what?
- Would we be existent O men, while people are frightened at home? what kind of manhood is this? what would we say to God in the judge day as we are responsible for the security of people? no we would better go and die.
- You left the Egyptians. You turned your back on the Egyptians, and they won’t forget that.'
- Don’t you know that you are the light of our eyes?
- El-Sisi addressing the Egyptians in a common Arabic expression of love to show how much the Egyptian Armed Forces love the Egyptians.
- As reported in Al Arabiya, 20 Dec 2013
- We would die before you would feel pain.
- Anyone harms you will be wiped from the face of Earth.
- Egypt is the mother of the world and will be as great as the world.
- The hand that harms any Egyptian, must be cut.
- We are committed, in front of God, to the Egyptian and Arab people that we will protect Egypt, the Egyptians and their free will.
- The Egyptians won't forget those who stood with them, or against them.
- The Egyptian Army is like that pyramid, it cannot be broken.
- Don't let any of the incidents happening now affect the will of Egyptians.
- O Egyptians, In January 25, 2011, when you wanted to change the world, you did. When you want something, you always do it.
- The negative efforts that had been done for the past three years that aims to toppling the state, by virtue of Allah and yours, has achieved nothing. and it won't.
- Don't ever think that there someone who could undermine Egypt.
- I will talk to my sister , my daughter and my mother, the women, in July 24, when I asked you to gave me the mandate and the order to combat possible terrorism, The Egyptian woman with all her plainness, took her husband ,her children, her food during Ramadan and took the streets. and the world watched her. take them again and let the world see you again.
- Mothers always sacrifice and wastes her life for their children. that's why I ask her to participate even more than youth.
- We as officers, soldiers and our brothers from the police are responsible for the safety of Egyptians during the vote, before it and after. It's impossible for someone to stop you from voting or harm you in voting stations, or outside.
- We as Muslims, We have to be honest. Islam has talked about trustiness, Are we known as truthful? Islam has talked about perfecting the work, are we known with that? Islam talked about tolerance, are we known as tolerants?
- I have several times found some people say that there were abusing drawings of Islam or Prophet Muhammad and people get angry and hurt inside. I was just thinking whether we also do insult Prophet Muhammad? In our behaviors and our practices do we insult Islam or not? I mean, we got hurt by those people who draw abusing drawings or making abusing movies of Prophet Muhammad, So what have we done? We also insult Prophet Muhammad! At the end, what we have introduced about our religion is what made people attack us and insult us.
- Political parties in the United States would not allow candidates to reach that level unless they are qualified to lead a country the size of the United States of America. I believe that that statement was not made after our most recent meeting between myself and Mrs. Clinton. But also in Egypt there will not be a chance for any dictatorship because in Egypt there is a constitution, there is law, and there the will of the people which will refuse to allow any leader to stay in his position for any period longer than his term which is four years.
- The United States in general conducts very strict security measures for everyone who wishes to visit it, which has been in place for quite a few years. It’s also important to know that during election campaigns many statements are made and many things are said, however afterwards governing the country would be something different, and will be subject to many factors.
- There must be tough security measures. You guys isolate that and you deal with it from a human rights perspective only. We are responsible for the Egyptian people, whom I consider my own family. How could I be comfortable knowing that there could be a human rights violation against these people.
- There is no way a military commander like el-Sisi who has no political background should be expected to believe in democracy as we see it in the West. El-Sisi, rightly or wrongly, is a reflection of the mood on the street, which has discovered that the cost of democracy is way too high.
- Negad Borai, Egyptian rights activist; as reported in Al Arabiya, 20 Dec 2013.
- He took control of Egypt. And he really took control of it.
- Under a Trump administration, the United States of America will be a loyal friend, not simply an ally, that Egypt can count on in the days and years ahead.
- Is al-Sisi a party (to a ceasefire)? Sisi is a tyrant himself. He is not different from the others.
- Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan as reported by Agence France Presse on 18 July 2014
- I don't sit at the same table with people like Sisi. They invited us to a dinner at the same table at the UN General Assembly. I did not attend that dinner. Next day, they did the same, I did not attend again. Why? Because that picture would be a black stain for me in the history books. It is impossible for me to sit at the same table with a coup leader. The world knows our attitude on the issue.