A Star Is Born (2018 film)
2018 film directed by Bradley Cooper
- Film produced and directed by Bradley Cooper (in his directorial debut). Written by Eric Roth, Cooper and Will Fetters, based on the 1937 film of the same name.
- [to Ally] Look at me. All you got to do is trust me. That's all you got to do.
- I hope it's okay, if I love you forever, Jack.
- I won't do this again. I won't come and find you. Next time you can clean up your own mess.
- Jack talked about how music is essentially twelve notes between any octave. Twelve notes and the octave repeats. It's the same story told over and over, forever. All any artist can offer the world is how they see those twelve notes. That's it. He loved how you see them.
- Ain't no gettin' back what we've lost, we're just trying to keep what we still have.
George 'Noodles' StoneEdit
- You know it's like, I dunno you... you float out... float out at sea then one day you find a port, say, 'I'm gonna stay here a few days'. A few days becomes a few years. Then you forgot where you were going in the first place. Then you realize you don't really give a shit about where you was going, cause you like where you at.
- Jack: Could I ask you a personal question?
- Ally: Okay.
- Jack: Do you write songs or anything?
- Ally: I don't sing my own songs.
- Jack: Why?
- Ally: I just don't feel comfortable.
- Jack: Why wouldn't you feel comfortable?
- Ally: Because like almost every single person that I've come in contact with in the music industry has told me that my nose is too big and that I won't make it.
- Jack: That your nose is too big?
- Ally: Yeah.
- Jack: Your nose is beautiful. Are you showing me your nose right now? You don't have to show it to me. I've been looking at it all night.
- Ally: Oh, come on. No, you're not.
- Jack: Oh, I'm going to be thinking about your nose for a very long time.
- Ally: You're full of shit.
- Jack: I'm not full of shit.
- Ally: Yeah, you are.
- Jack: I'm telling you the truth.
- Ally: Yeah, you're full of shit.
- Jack: Look, talent comes everywhere. Everybody's talented, fucking everyone in this bar is talented at one thing or another. But having something to say and a way to say it so that people listen to it, that's a whole other bag. And unless you get out and you try to do it, you'll never know. That's just the truth. And there's one reason we're supposed to be here is to say something so people want to hear. Don't you understand what I'm trying to tell you?
- Ally: Yeah, I do. I don't like it, but I understand it.
- Jack: Oh, I think you like it a little bit.
- Ally: [singing] Tell me something, boy. Aren't you tired trying to fill that void? Or do you need more? Ain't it hard keeping it so hardcore?
- Jack: Is that me?
- Ally: That's you.
- Jack: Did you just write that now?
- Ally: Yeah.
- Jack: Pretty good. [pause] Can I tell you a secret?
- [Ally looks over to him]
- Jack: I think you might be a songwriter. And don't worry, I won't tell anybody. But I'm not very good at keeping secrets.
- Jack: Hey!
- Ally: What?
- Jack: I just wanted to take another look at you.
- Ally: I don't feel this way about everybody.
- Jack: Well, good, we're on the same page.
- Jack: If I don't say this then I'll never forgive myself.
- Ally: What...
- Jack: If you don't dig deep into your fuckin' soul you won't have legs. I'm just telling you that. If you don't tell the truth out there you're fucked. All you got is you and what you have to say to people and they are listening right now and they are not going to be listening forever. Trust me. So you gotta grab it and you don't apologize or worry about why they're listening or how long they're gonna be listening for. You just tell them what you want to say.
- Bobby: If I was no good, why did you steal my fucking voice? Huh?
- Jack: Cause you had nothing to fucking say.
- Ally: You know, what I'd like is for my boyfriend to love me. Actually, for my husband to love me.
- Jack: Yeah, who's your fucking boyfriend? You got a boyfriend?
- Ally: Yeah, I've got a boyfriend.
- Jack: That hurts, calling me your fucking boyfriend.
- Ally: You're my boyfriend if you don't treat me like your wife.
- Jack: Thank you, by the way.
- Ally: Thank you for what?
- Jack: For giving me a home. This place never felt like home before.
All song are featured in soundtrack album A Star Is Born.
- Tell me something, girl
Are you happy in this modern world?
Or do you need more?
Is there something else you're searching for?
- When the sun goes down
And the band won't play
I'll always remember us this way
- Don't want to feel another touch
Don't want to start another fire
Don't want to know another kiss
No other name falling off my lips
Don't want to give my heart away
To another stranger
Or let another day begin
Won't even let the sunlight in
No I'll never love again