Zeitgeist : The Movie is a 2007 documentary film by Peter Joseph.
- “Now, to balance the scale, I’d like to talk about some things that bring us together, things that point out our similarities in¬stead of our differences. ‘Cause that’s all you ever hear about in this country! It’s our differences! That’s all the media and the politicians are ever talking about! The things that separate us. Things that make us different from one another. That’s the way the ruling class operates in any society. They try to divide the rest of the people. They keep the lower and the middle classes fighting with each other so that they, the rich, can run off with all the...money! Fairly simple thing! Happens to work! You know-Anything different! That’s what they’re gonna talk about race, religion, ethnic and national background, jobs, income, education, social status, sexuality, anything they can do, to keep us fighting with each other, so that they can keep going to the bank!”
- "Spirituality" is a particular term which actually means: a dealing with intuition...
- The religious myth is the most powerful device ever created, and serves as the psychological soil upon which other myths can flourish.
- Bill Hicks: Life's like a ride in an amusement park, and when you go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down and round and round, it has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun... for a while. Some have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question: "Is this real or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered and they come back to us and they say: "hey, don't worry this is just a ride." And we kill those people.
- Jiddu Krishnamurti: What we are trying in all these discussions and talks here, is to see if we cannot radically bring about a transformation of the mind. *Not accept things as they are* - but to understand it, to go into it, examine it, give your heart and your mind with every thing that you have to find out. A way of living differently. But that depends on you and not somebody else. Because in this there is no teacher, no pupil. There's no leader, there is no guru, there's no master, no savior. You yourself are the teacher, and the pupil, you're the master, you're the guru, you are the leader, you are everything! And, to understand is to transform what is.
- Narrator: The real revolution is the revolution of consciousness and each one of us first needs to eliminate the divisionary, materialistic noise we have been conditioned to think is true; while discovering, amplifying, and aligning with the signal coming from our true empirical oneness. It is up to you.
- In a world where 1 % of the population owns 40% of the planet's wealth... In a world where 34,000 children die every single day from poverty and preventable diseases, and where 50% of the world's population lives on less than 2 dollars a day... One thing is clear. Something is very wrong. And whether we are aware of it or not, the lifeblood of all our established institutions and thus society itself is money.
- Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding.
- Jiddu Krishnamurti: [opening lines] We were saying how very important it is to bring about, in the human mind, the radical revolution. The crisis is a crisis in consciousness, the crisis that cannot anymore accept the old norms, the old patterns, the ancient traditions and considering what the world is now, with all the misery, conflict, destructive brutality, aggression and so on. Man is still as he was, is still brutal, violent, aggressive, acquisitive, competitive and... he has built a society along these lines.