Yu-Gi-Oh! is a Japanese manga series about gaming written and illustrated by Kazuki Takahashi. Two anime adaptations were produced; one by Toei Animation, which aired from April 4, 1998 to October 10, 1998, and another produced by NAS and TV Tokyo animated by Studio Gallop titled Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters, which aired between April 2000 and September 2004.
- 1 Season One: Duelist Kingdom
- 1.1 The Heart of the Cards
- 1.2 The Gauntlet is Thrown
- 1.3 Journey to the Duelist Kingdom
- 1.4 Trial by Red-Bois
- 1.5 Everything's Relative
- 1.6 Give Up the Ghost
- 1.7 Face Off, Part 1
- 1.8 Face Off, Part 2
- 1.9 Shining Friendship
- 1.10 Champion vs. Creator, Part 1
- 1.11 Champion vs. Creator, Part 2
- 1.12 The Night Before
- 1.13 Duel Identity, Part 1
- 1.14 Duel Identity, Part 2
- 1.15 Keith's Machination, Part 1
- 1.16 Keith's Machination, Part 2
- 1.17 Best of Friends, Best of Duelists: Part 1
- 1.18 Best of Friends, Best of Duelists: Part 2
- 1.19 Yugi vs. Pegasus: Match of the Millennium, Part 1
- 1.20 Yugi vs. Pegasus: Match of the Millennium, Part 2
- 1.21 Yugi vs. Pegasus: Match of the Millennium, Part 3
- 1.22 Yugi vs. Pegasus: Match of the Millennium, Part 4
- 1.23 Yugi vs. Pegasus: Match of the Millennium, Part 5
- 1.24 The Aftermath
- 1.25 The Wrath of Rebecca
- 1.26 The Ties of Friendship
- 1.27 Legendary Heroes, Part 1
- 1.28 Legendary Heroes, Part 2
- 1.29 Legendary Heroes, Part 3
- 1.30 Dungeon Dice Monsters, Part 1
- 1.31 Dungeon Dice Monsters, Part 2
- 1.32 Dungeon Dice Monsters, Part 3
- 1.33 Dungeon Dice Monsters, Part 4
- 2 Season Two: Battle City
- 2.1 The Mystery Duelist, Part 1
- 2.2 The Mystery Duelist, Part 2
- 2.3 The Past is Present
- 2.4 Steppin' Out
- 2.5 Obelisk the Tormentor
- 2.6 Stalked by the Rare Hunters
- 2.7 Yugi vs. the Rare Hunter, Part 1
- 2.8 Yugi vs. the Rare Hunter, Part 2
- 2.9 Master of Magicians, Part 1
- 2.10 Master of Magicians, Part 2
- 2.11 Playing with a Parasite, Part 1
- 2.12 Playing with a Parasite, Part 2
- 2.13 Mime Games, Part 1
- 2.14 Mime Games, Part 2
- 2.15 Mime Games, Part 3
- 2.16 Legendary Fisherman, Part 1
- 2.17 Legendary Fisherman, Part 2
- 2.18 Double Duel, Part 1
- 2.19 Double Duel, Part 2
- 2.20 Double Duel, Part 3
- 2.21 Double Duel, Part 4
- 2.22 Friends 'till the End, Part 1
- 2.23 Friends 'till the End, Part 2
- 2.24 Friends 'till the End, Part 3
- 2.25 Friends 'till the End, Part 4
- 2.26 Shadow of a Duel
- 2.27 Lights, Camera, Duel
- 2.28 Let the Finals Begin!
- 2.29 The Dark Spirit Revealed, Part 1
- 2.30 The Dark Spirit Revealed, Part 2
- 2.31 The Dark Spirit Revealed, Part 3
- 2.32 Rage of the Egyptian Gods
- 2.33 Awakening of Evil, Part 1
- 2.34 Awakening of Evil, Part 2
- 2.35 Awakening of Evil, Part 3
- 2.36 Awakening of Evil, Part 4
- 2.37 Mind Games, Part 1
- 2.38 Mind Games, Part 2
- 2.39 Mind Games, Part 3
- 2.40 A Duel with Destiny, Part 1
- 2.41 A Duel with Destiny, Part 2
- 2.42 The Tomb Keeper's Secret
- 2.43 Showdown in the Shadows: Marik vs. Bakura, Part 1
- 2.44 Showdown in the Shadows: Marik vs. Bakura, Part 2
- 3 Season Three: Enter the Shadow Realm
- 3.1 Isolated in Cyberspace
- 3.2 Freeze Play, Part 1
- 3.3 Freeze Play, Part 2
- 3.4 Courtroom Chaos, Part 1
- 3.5 Courtroom Chaos, Part 2
- 3.6 Merger of the Big Five, Part 1
- 3.7 Merger of the Big Five, Part 2
- 3.8 Merger of the Big Five, Part 3
- 3.9 Settling the Score, Part 1
- 3.10 Settling the Score, Part 2
- 3.11 Brothers in Arms, Part 1
- 3.12 Brothers in Arms, Part 2
- 3.13 Brothers in Arms, Part 3
- 3.14 Noah's Final Threat, Part 1
- 3.15 Noah's Final Threat, Part 2
- 3.16 So Close, Yet So Far
- 3.17 Burying the Past Part 1
- 3.18 Burying the Past Part 2
- 3.19 Back to Battle City
- 3.20 The Darkness Returns, Part 1
- 3.21 The Darkness Returns, Part 2
- 3.22 The Darkness Returns, Part 3
- 3.23 The Darkness Returns, Part 4
- 3.24 Battle for the Bronze, Part 1
- 3.25 Battle for the Bronze, Part 2
- 3.26 The Final Face-off, Part 1
- 3.27 The Final Face-off, Part 2
- 3.28 The Final Face-off, Part 3
- 3.29 The Final Face-off, Part 4
- 3.30 One for the Road
- 3.31 Moving Back and Moving Ahead
- 4 Season Four: Waking the Dragons
- 4.1 A New Evil, Part 1
- 4.2 A New Evil, Part 2
- 4.3 Legend of the Dragons
- 4.4 The Creator Returns
- 4.5 An Unexpected Enemy
- 4.6 My Freaky Valentine, Part 1
- 4.7 My Freaky Valentine, Part 2
- 4.8 My Freaky Valentine, Part 3
- 4.9 The Challenge
- 4.10 Fate of the Pharaoh, Part 1
- 4.11 Fate of the Pharaoh, Part 2
- 4.12 Fate of the Pharaoh, Part 3
- 4.13 Trial by Stone
- 4.14 On the Wrong Track, Part 1
- 4.15 On the Wrong Track, Part 2
- 4.16 On the Wrong Track, Part 3
- 4.17 Self Destruction
- 4.18 Reliving the Past
- 4.19 Deck of Armor
- 4.20 Flight of Fear, Part 1
- 4.21 Flight of Fear, Part 2
- 4.22 Paradise Found
- 4.23 Fighting for a Friend, Part 1
- 4.24 Fighting for a Friend, Part 2
- 4.25 Fighting for a Friend, Part 3
- 4.26 Fighting for a Friend, Part 4
- 4.27 Fighting for a Friend, Part 5
- 4.28 Grappling with a Guardian, Part 1
- 4.29 Grappling with a Guardian, Part 2
- 4.30 Grappling with a Guardian, Part 3
- 4.31 A Duel with Dartz, Part 1
- 4.32 A Duel with Dartz, Part 2
- 4.33 A Duel with Dartz, Part 3
- 4.34 A Duel with Dartz, Part 4
- 4.35 A Duel with Dartz, Part 5
- 4.36 A Duel with Dartz, Part 6
- 4.37 Rise of the Great Beast, Part 1
- 4.38 Rise of the Great Beast, Part 2
- 5 Capsule Monsters
- 6 Season Five: KC Championship
- 6.1 Unwanted Guest, Part 1
- 6.2 Unwanted Guest, Part 2
- 6.3 Let the Games Begin! Part 1
- 6.4 Let the Games Begin! Part 2
- 6.5 Child's Play
- 6.6 Down in Flames, Part 1
- 6.7 Down in Flames, Part 2
- 6.8 A Brawl in a Small Town, Part 1
- 6.9 A Brawl in a Small Town, Part 2
- 6.10 One Step Ahead, Part 1
- 6.11 One Step Ahead, Part 2
- 6.12 Sinister Secrets, Part 1
- 6.13 Sinister Secrets, Part 2
- 6.14 Sinister Secrets, Part 3
- 6.15 Tomb of the Nameless Pharaoh
- 6.16 Spiritual Awakening
- 6.17 Memoirs of a Pharaoh
- 6.18 The Intruder, Part 1
- 6.19 The Intruder, Part 2
- 6.20 Makings of a Magician
- 6.21 Birth of the Blue Eyes
- 6.22 Village of Lost Souls
- 6.23 A Reversal of Fortune
- 6.24 In Search of a King
- 6.25 Village of Vengeance, Part 1
- 6.26 Village of Vengeance, Part 2
- 6.27 Village of Vengeance, Part 3
- 6.28 Village of Vengeance, Part 4
- 6.29 Village of Vengeance, Part 5
- 6.30 The Name of the Game
- 6.31 The Dark One Cometh, Part 1
- 6.32 The Dark One Cometh, Part 2
- 6.33 The Dark One Cometh, Part 3
- 6.34 The Dark One Cometh, Part 4
- 6.35 In the Name of the Pharaoh
- 6.36 The Final Journey
- 6.37 The Final Duel, Part 1
- 6.38 The Final Duel, Part 2
- 6.39 The Final Duel, Part 3
- 6.40 The Final Duel, Part 4
- 7 Movies
- 8 Yu-Gi-Oh!
- 9 Voice cast
- 10 External links
Season One: Duelist KingdomEdit
The Heart of the CardsEdit
- This the series premiere of the 4kids version. However, it takes place a few days after Yugi Moto had completed the ancient Millennium Puzzle, unleashing the soul/spirit of the mighty five thousand-year-old Pharaoh within its labyrinth-like chambers.
- Joey: Hey, Seto Kaiba, maybe we should duel sometime.
- Kaiba: No thanks, I think I'll have much more of a challenge playing solitaire.
- Kaiba: Draw your last pathetic card so I can end this, Yugi!
- Yami Yugi: My Grandpa's deck has no pathetic cards, Kaiba. But it does contain... the unstoppable Exodia!
- Kaiba: Aaaaargh! Impossible!
- Yami Yugi: I've assembled all five special cards... all five pieces of the puzzle!
- [Exodia the Forbidden One suddenly appears on the field towering over the Blue-Eyes White Dragons]
- Kaiba: Exodia? It-it's not possible! No one's ever been able to call him!
- Yami Yugi: Exodia, obliterate!
- Pharaoh: But if you put your heart in the game, there's nothing you can't do.
The Gauntlet is ThrownEdit
Journey to the Duelist KingdomEdit
- Tristan: In another few hours, the sun will rise!
Trial by Red-BoisEdit
- Kaiba: (thinking) I can't believe my associates would turn on me after a single defeat. Then again losing to Yugi since he had lost myself too.
Give Up the GhostEdit
Face Off, Part 1Edit
Face Off, Part 2Edit
- Seto: The second of my 3 Blue-Eyes White Dragons. Just one more now, and then absolutely nothing will be able to keep me from victory. Soon, with one earth-shattering blast, I'll defeat Yugi for the last time. And once I've finished him, I'll go after Pegasus and rescue my brother from his demented grip.
- Yugi (thinking): What is happening to me? One minute I'm battling against Kaiba, the next minute I'm battling with myself. Suddenly there was this other presence inside of me, willing to do anything to win the duel. And it took everything I had just to hold him back. But that gave Kaiba the opening he needed. I let Kaiba win the match, but I had no choice. That other presence may have seriously hurt Kaiba if I hadn't regained control. And now I'm afraid of what happens next time. What happens if I can't control it? No! I can't take that chance. And that means:I can never duel again.
- Yugi: I almost couldn't control it! This other presence inside me! He was willing to go all the way against Kaiba!!
- Joey: Another presence inside you?
- Tristan: What do ya mean? What are you talkin' about, buddy?
- Bakura: Like me, Yugi has some ancient spirit inside him. It has something to do with our Millennium Items.
- Yugi: I'm afraid of this spirit inside me! So afraid, that I can never duel again!
- Mai: Come on! What you're doing is pointless! Yugi's already given up on himself! You're not going to be able to keep fighting for him! He has to fight for himself! He has to stand up to anyone who dares to get in his way!! And whatever is going on in his head, Tea, Yugi has to deal with it on his own!
- Yugi (thinking): Maybe Mai's right. Maybe I have to fight harder. Maybe I gave up too easily. What do you do when the thing you're fighting against is some kind of magical spirit that can take control of you? Something that's living inside you? What do you do then?
Champion vs. Creator, Part 1Edit
Champion vs. Creator, Part 2Edit
- Yugi: Why, Pegasus? Who are you to toy with our friends, our families? I won't let you get away with it!
The Night BeforeEdit
Duel Identity, Part 1Edit
- Yugi (thinking): I got be at my best if I'm gonna make it through these playoffs. But I also have to keep the spirit of my Millennium Puzzle in check. I mean if Pegasus can seal souls with his Millennium item, who knows what the spirit of the Puzzle might do to win against Mai?
- Pharaoh: Yugi, let me help you! If you continue to hold me back, everybody loses!
Duel Identity, Part 2Edit
- Mai: So, Yugi, have you faced up to your fears? Whatever freaked you out in your battle with Kaiba, have you come to grips with it?
- Yugi (thinking): How can I? Kaiba was willing to do anything to win the duel, and the spirit from my Millennium Puzzle was willing to do anything to stop him. But if I had attacked, Kaiba would have been seriously hurt. And I couldn't let that happen, even if it cost me the duel. No matter how badly I need to rescue Grandpa, hurting someone else is something I will not do.
- Pharaoh: I meant no harm. I only wanted to help. And I vow never to go against your wishes again.
- Yugi: How can I believe you?
- Pharaoh: Your grandfather once told you to trust in the power of the Millennium Puzzle, remember?
- Yugi: Maybe you're right.
Keith's Machination, Part 1Edit
Keith's Machination, Part 2Edit
Best of Friends, Best of Duelists: Part 1Edit
Best of Friends, Best of Duelists: Part 2Edit
Yugi vs. Pegasus: Match of the Millennium, Part 1Edit
- Yugi (thinking): I hope I'm doing the right thing deciding to duel again. Grandpa told me to trust the ancient presence from inside the Millennium Puzzle. But how can I? It was willing to do anything to beat Kaiba. Anything.
Yugi vs. Pegasus: Match of the Millennium, Part 2Edit
Yugi vs. Pegasus: Match of the Millennium, Part 3Edit
- Dark Bakura: As you can see, there isn't a particle of those fools left in this dimension. I've no patience for obstacles that get in my way! Remember that!
- Tristan: Huh? I don't know how you did that and I probably don't wanna know. Just tell me who you are, what you want. I know you're not really our friend Bakura. You're the one Yugi beat. He banished you to the graveyard. And in the process, he released Bakura from your control.
- Dark Bakura: Yes. But that wouldn't have happened if Bakura hadn't betrayed me. I've decided I need a new host.
- Tristan: You won't take me without a fight!
- Dark Bakura: Not yours. I want a vessel with a mind or spirit of its own.
- Tristan: You want Mokuba.
- Dark Bakura: Now turn him over or face the same fate as those guards!
Yugi vs. Pegasus: Match of the Millennium, Part 4Edit
- Dark Bakura: So what will it be, Mortal? Are you going to hand Mokuba over willingly or do I have to conjure something to consume your soul?
- Tristan: Forget it. No way.
- Dark Bakura: You know that I have the power to back up my threats. Hand him over this instant, or I'll dispatch you to the graveyard, too.
- Tristan: Yeah, I remember. Your evil power comes from that, the Millennium Ring.
- Dark Bakura: That's right. The Millennium Ring not only allows me to control your friend Bakura, it gives me many other magical abilities as well. So unless you want a more personal demonstration of my power, you'd stop resisting me since you know any attempt would be pointless. Why sacrifice yourself when you know I'll still wind up possession of him in the end?
- Pegasus (thinking): I think Yugi overestimates his mental prowess, and underestimates the burden of fighting a duel in the Shadow Realm. I don't think you have it in you, Yugi boy. You have two creatures to maintain- your Curse of Dragon and your Dark Magician.
- Pegasus (thinking): He's too young and unskilled to cope with the stress. And communicating with that other spirit splits his concentration even more. His mental and magical energies will soon be exhausted.
- Yami: Yugi! Yugi!! I can't sense his spirit. I can no longer feel the presence of his young mind. No. He...He can't be gone.
- Pegasus: Forget him. The boy was too weak. It takes a person of true fortitude to undermine the dark energies of the Shadow Realm. Face it: Yugi is gone and it's just you and me now.
- Yami Yugi: You've used your underhanded tactics to overwhelm Yugi's mind! You will pay for what you did!
- Pegasus: So I take it, from this emotional outburst, that you're having a hard time acknowledging the fact that you failed in your self-appointed duty to protect your little dueling protege. Whoever you are, perhaps Yugi would have been better off without your interference.
- Yami: Be silent! For what you have done, I will show you no mercy.
Yugi vs. Pegasus: Match of the Millennium, Part 5Edit
- Yami (thinking): But with Yugi gone from his world, he can no longer help me prevent Pegasus from reading minds.
- (Yami has a vision)
- Solomon Moto: Yugi is still with you.
- The Pharaoh: You must be...
- Solomon Moto: Yugi's grandpa. And believe me, his heart is still in this.
- The Pharaoh: But how can that be?
- Solomon Moto: You believe only what your eyes show you. The unbreakable bond of Yugi's friends keeps his spirit alive.
- The Pharaoh: His friends, of course! They haven't given up on him!!
- This is the debut appearance of Shadi.
- (After entering Yugi's subconscious mind via the Millennium Key)
- Shadi: Incredible! This youth's mind contains two chambers. Never have I seen such a thing. One is a room of pure innocence, devoid of malice. Purity of soul I sense could not possibly belong to the thief who stole Pegasus' Millennium Eye. But, wait. The other chamber- I detect another presence. And this soul is much more mysterious.
- The Pharaoh: It's all right. You may enter my chamber if that is what you desire. But I warn you, tread cautiously. I will allow no harm to come to the boy whose vessel I share. Your presence here intrigues me.
- Shadi: In the past I have ventured into minds of many people. But never have I encountered such a strange soul here. I feel as though I am in the tomb of an ancient Egyptian pharaoh.
- The Pharaoh: I don't know how you entered my mind. Explain yourself before you trespass further! I demand an explanation for your intrusion!
- Shadi: I seek a criminal who has stolen the power of a Millennium Item. It has been five long millennia since those items were created.
The Wrath of RebeccaEdit
- The Pharaoh: You did it. You saved everyone, Yugi.
- Yugi: We both did. And I don't even know your name.
- The Pharaoh: I've been called many things throughout the ages. Pharaoh, Yu-Gi-Oh! I've been known as Yami.
- Yugi: Well, Yami, I'm glad to have you as my friend.
- Pharaoh: Good, because I'm glad to be one.
The Ties of FriendshipEdit
- (The scene shows Yugi and Rebecca dueling)
- Yugi: Now listen to me, Rebecca. I'm only going to say this one more time, my grandpa didn't steal your Blue-Eyes White Dragon!
- Rebecca: (angrily) You're lying! He did! He did! He did steal it! It was my grandpa's favorite and your grandpa took it from him. You won't get away with this, you thieves!
- Solomon: Rebecca.
- Rebecca: Now what?
- Solomon: There's a story that you need to hear, Rebecca. It's the story of how I met your grandfather, Professor Arthur Hawkins and of the danger we faced together.
- Rebecca: In other words, more of your lies! Forget it!
- Solomon: No, it's true and be assured it's one of the most frightening experiences I have in my entire life.
- Rebecca: Humph. I'm so sure.
- Solomon: It happened years ago, but it's an adventure I'll never forget.
- (In a flashback in Egypt)
- Solomon: I have traveled to Egypt to participate in an archaeological dig. A brand new discovery been made not far from the Great Pyramids. We all wondered what Ancient Egyptian secrets will soon be unearthed. The desert was hotter and drier than I expected. So it was fortunate that I soon made a friend.
- (He tries to drink water but his carton is emptied and suddenly Arthur Hawkins decided to give him his water)
- Arthur: (handling his water carton) You look like you could use some cool water.
- Solomon: How could I thank you?
- (He drinks the water and spit it out)
- Solomon: I guzzled it down a little too quick. But my new friend Professor Arthur Hawkins was just assumed my enthusiasm, he was a kind and very brilliant man.
- (Back to the duel)
- Solomon: But in his field of archaeology, he was viewed as a extremely radical thinker.
- Tea: How come?
- Solomon: His theories, he believed that Duel Monsters may have played some mysterious part in Egyptian history. Am I'm right, Rebecca?
- Rebecca: Hmm...
- Yugi: I don't understand, Grandpa.
- Solomon: His studies of hieroglyphics, the ancient Egyptians' writing, kept turning up one particular word over and over again. And that one word was "Duel".
- Tea: Duel?
- Yugi: But why?
- Solomon: It was a mysterious.
- (Arthur and Solomon are inside an ancient chamber)
- Solomon: Using duel as a keyword, he worked towards a new interpretation of Egyptian history. And he came into a astonishes conclusion.
- Arthur: It's here, my friend, in these hieroglyphs. "By the spirits of the River Nile, I combined magic and monsters to vanquish my enemy in our battle this day".
- Solomon: What on earth could that mean?
- Arthur: If I'm correct, it has to do with incredible contests in which ancient Egyptians participated. Contests with high stakes. I believe, duels.
- Solomon: What kind of duels?
- Arthur: I think you'll find the answer in that inscription, Solomon.
- (Arthur hands out a deck of monster cards)
- Arthur: Look at this.
- Solomon: Duel Monster cards.
- Arthur: Now take a look at those ancient drawings.
- (Solomon finds out that the monster card looks exactly the same like the one in the carving)
- Solomon: The images are nearly the same.
- Arthur: Which leads me to believe the Ancient Egyptians must have played the similar game to our own.
- Solomon: What an amazing discovery! When you present this to your fellow scholars, you'll revolutionize the field of Egyptology.
- Arthur: We shall see.
- (Flashback ends)
- Solomon: But Arthur's colleagues ridiculed his theories and dismissed them his wild fantasy. Even in the face of such disbelieved, he bravely stood his ground and continued his difficult research into the ancient game of Duel Monsters. He invited me to join him in his work and I helped the best of I could. In time, he discovered a link between the game and the Millennium Items.
- Yugi: What kind of link?
- Solomon: It's still very mysterious, Yugi.
- (Arthur and Solomon are in an ancient tomb)
- Arthur: The Ancient Egyptians didn't play this game for fun or money, Solomon. But rather for the power to rule the world.
- Solomon: How could that be?
- Arthur: The inscriptions tell of a place called the Shadow Realm where terrible monsters dwell and powerful warriors battled for dominion over the Earth. Apparently, the Ancient Egyptians actually played the game in that mysterious realm and the stakes are caught in this inscription with the fate of the Earth.
Legendary Heroes, Part 1Edit
Legendary Heroes, Part 2Edit
Legendary Heroes, Part 3Edit
Dungeon Dice Monsters, Part 1Edit
Dungeon Dice Monsters, Part 2Edit
Dungeon Dice Monsters, Part 3Edit
Dungeon Dice Monsters, Part 4Edit
Season Two: Battle CityEdit
The Mystery Duelist, Part 1Edit
- Yugi: If I have to duel, I'm gonna need the spirit of the Puzzle to help me.
- Pharaoh: I can barely hear you, Yugi. Our bond is weak. It's hard to maintain contact. I'm afraid I won't be able to help you with this duel. You'll have to fight him...alone.
- Yugi: Alone!? But I've never fought a duel without you! And if I'm defeated I'll lose you forever!
- Pharaoh: You can defeat him! Just trust yourself and your deck, and you'll find the way.
- Yugi: Alright.
- Pharaoh: Be very careful, Yugi. I sense a great evil.
- Yugi: Spirit!!
The Mystery Duelist, Part 2Edit
- [Marik has just attempted to regain control of Bandit Keith]
- Marik Ishtar: It seems the Duel is not yet done. You can still win the match and claim my Millennium prize!
- Bandit Keith: [gets up] STOP!!! STOP TALKING TO ME!!! [picks up a length of pipe and swings it ravenously in an attempt to stop Marik] Where are ya?! Show yourself!
- Marik Ishtar: Obey me and duel!
- Yugi: Keith, stop! No!
- [Keith attacks the images until he hits a control box, causing sparks and live wires to split, which they laid on tanks of gasoline then explodes, causing a warehouse fire]
- Tristan: Yeah, brilliant, putting the rod in the hole and pulling really hard.
- Joey: Say what!?
- Tristan: Say nothing!
- Joey and Tristan: [in unison] We'll be good.
- Yugi: I've got to solve the Millennium Puzzle and fast!! Time is running out! And this fire is getting worse! Focus! If I solve the Puzzle, I save the spirit! Even if I don't make it out, at least he will!
- Tea (thinking): I'm glad those guys are OK, but I'm not. I mean, someone's after Yugi's Millennium Puzzle. And because of that, I almost lost him today. Ever since Yugi first solved that Puzzle and bonded with the spirit inside, everyone's been trying to get their hands on it lately. And I know we haven't seen the last of whoever it is who's after Yugi.
The Past is PresentEdit
- Ishizu Ishtar: Kaiba, do you believe in destiny?
- Seto Kaiba: Doesn't matter.
- Ishizu Ishtar: Ancient Egyptians thought that the true path of one's life is predetermined because history repeats itself throughout the ages in a neverending circle. They would say it was not your choice to come here for it was destined for the two of us would meet.
- Seto Kaiba: Look, all that nonsense may interest you, but I didn't come here for Egyptian history 101. I came here because you said it will be worth my while, but it looks like you're wasting my time. If there's a point to all of this, let's get to it already, I have a company to run. You said you have a exclusive offer for me.
- (Back to when Ishizu is talking to Kaiba on the phone)
- Seto Kaiba: I know everything about Duel Monsters and there is nothing like Exodia. So quit the charade and tell me what's going on.
- Ishizu Ishtar: All in good time, Kaiba. Duel Monsters is based upon a 5000-year-old game, it was played by Ancient Egyptians for power and was extremely dangerous.
- Seto Kaiba: Who cares?
- Ishizu Ishtar: Maximillion Pegasus did, he fell in love with the game and decided to reinvented for modern times.
- Seto Kaiba: What's your point?
- Ishizu Ishtar: I get it, unbeknownst to most duelists. Pegasus created a series of all powerful cards that were never released to the public. It was no surprise that he kept the best monsters for himself.
- (In the Domino Museum)
- Ishizu Ishtar: I've secured the most precious artifacts here. We've recovered stone carvings that depict the earliest known games played in Egypt. I'm sure you'll find it most familiar. Kaiba, behold the origin of Duel Monsters!
- (Kaiba enters when suddenly he sees a stone tablet sealed in display)
- Seto Kaiba: It can't be... These carvings look like Duel Monsters Cards! Then that means your story is true!
- Ishizu Ishtar: I see you've come to your senses. Furthermore there's a theory that in ancient times these monsters were real. Egyptian sorcerers summoned monsters to earth to do their bidding, but they soon realized that the monsters could not be control. They destroyed villages and brought earth to the brink of destruction. The citizens turned to the pharaoh for help, though he could not defeat the monsters. He managed to use his magic to seal them away in stone tablets and brought peace to the world. However, overtime evil sorcerers learned how to control the monsters and released them from the tablets. With their army of powerful monsters, the sorcerers were confident that no one could stand in their way. They betrayed the pharaoh and wage an all-out war against him. This is the one you must look at.
- Seto Kaiba: Hm?
- Ishizu Ishtar: This carving is the reason I called you here tonight. It depicts one of the main conflicts in the war between the pharaoh and his greatest opponent, closely examine this artifact. After this moment, Kaiba, your life will never be the same. (Kaiba sees that the pharaoh looks like Yugi)
- Seto Kaiba: That's the pharaoh?! But, that's Yugi! And the monster carved above him is the Dark Magician!
- Ishizu Ishtar: On the left is the sorcerer fighting against him. (Kaiba is shocked to see that the pharaoh's greatest opponent is none other than an ancient Egyptian version of him) That's you, Kaiba! If you still have any doubt, look at his monster. It's the Blue-Eyes White Dragon!
- Ishizu: The hieroglyphics read that the mighty sorcerer marched into the Pharaoh's chambers and challenged him and his legion of loyal magicians to a legendary duel with the fate of the world at stake. The Pharaoh accepted the sorcerer's challenge, and their epic battle began. Today, five thousand years later, the this epic battle is played out once again. Do you see? Now do you believe in destiny, Kaiba?
- Kaiba: This is ridiculous! This piece of rock has got to be a fake!!
- Ishizu: If you won't trust my word, then you must see into the past and glimpse a part of the battle firsthand, which I can help you do with my Millennium Necklace. Now, open your mind and see into the past!
- Ishizu: The duel raged on with neither side showing any mercy. They summoned monsters that were increasingly more powerful and dangerous. The winner of the duel is written here, but as you can see, the hieroglyphics have been worn away.
- Kaiba: I see.
- Ishizu: But although we do not know the outcome, we can deduce who was victorious.
- Yugi: I wish we knew more about our new enemy. He said he was familiar with the power of a Millennium Item. I bet he has one.
- Pharaoh: That must be how he controls people's minds.
- Yugi: But who is he?
- Pharaoh: I don't know.
- Yugi: Then how can we stop him!?
- Pharaoh: Don't worry. As long as we stay connected, you and I can face anything.
- Yugi: Maybe. But what if I...fail again? How do I know that I won't lose you?
- Pharaoh: I believe in you, Yugi.
- Yugi: Ready or not, Spirit, this is where you take over.
- Yami: [Shouting at the Millennium Puzzle] Hey Yugi... I'm not... you can't... this isn't a duel! [Sees Tea watching] Oh, hello.
Obelisk the TormentorEdit
- Ishizu: Welcome, Yami. I've been expecting you.
- Pharaoh: who are you?
- Ishizu: I am Ishizu. And I've uncovered many mysteries about you and these ancient carvings using the magic of my Millennium Necklace.
- Pharaoh: Another Millennium Item.
- Ishizu: Like your Millennium Puzzle, this necklace affords me certain powers. With it, I have gazed five thousand years into the past, to a time when evil sorcerers threatened to destroy the entire world.
Stalked by the Rare HuntersEdit
- This marks the debut appearance of Joey Wheeler's younger sister Serenity.
- Joey: And now, for your worst nightmare!! The moment I've been waitin' for! I summon...RED-EYES BLACK DRAGON!!
Yugi vs. the Rare Hunter, Part 1Edit
Yugi vs. the Rare Hunter, Part 2Edit
Master of Magicians, Part 1Edit
Master of Magicians, Part 2Edit
Playing with a Parasite, Part 1Edit
Playing with a Parasite, Part 2Edit
Mime Games, Part 1Edit
- Yugi: Marik keeps talking about "wanting the power of the Pharaoh." But you are the Pharaoh. If you really all this power inside you, don't you think that we would know about it? I guess you must if saved the world. But what happened?
- Yami: It's all still unclear.
Mime Games, Part 2Edit
Mime Games, Part 3Edit
Legendary Fisherman, Part 1Edit
Legendary Fisherman, Part 2Edit
Double Duel, Part 1Edit
Double Duel, Part 2Edit
Double Duel, Part 3Edit
Double Duel, Part 4Edit
Friends 'till the End, Part 1Edit
Marik: Now come and fight me, little Yugi; for the last duel you'll ever fight!
Friends 'till the End, Part 2Edit
- Yugi: Tea's right! I have an idea!
- Pharaoh: What is it?
- Yugi: I may have come up with a way to save Joey, and get us outta this mess!
- Pharaoh: What's that?
- Yugi: Well, it came to me when Tea reminded us of our friendship. There's a chance we can break through to the real Joey. I think you should let me duel in your place.
- Pharaoh: But why?
- Yugi: Because through thick and thin, Joey and I have always shared a really strong bond. A bond I think might break through to him now. We've been through so much together, like the time when he rescued me from that fire. Joey and Tristan risked their lives for me, and now it's my turn.
- Pharaoh: This is a very dangerous match, Yugi.
- Yugi: I know it is. But I can't let that stop me. I feel in my heart that if there's anyone in the world who can get through to Joey right now, it's me.
- Pharaoh: But, Yugi...
- Yugi: I'm ready to go in there and do whatever I have to do! Joey's my best friend and I know he'd do the exact same thing for me. Please understand, Yami. This isn't something I want to do, it's something I feel I have to do.
- The Pharaoh: Well, Yugi, if you feel that strongly...Then go. Go and rescue your best friend and know that I will be right here should you need me.
- (the two switch spirits)
- Yugi: OK, Joey, it's just us now!
- Marik: What!? No!! I want the Pharaoh! Not this little runt! I want to defeat the ancient ruler!! That spineless coward! He sent little Yugi to protect himself!! You cheat!! I want to destroy the Pharaoh!! But then again, this may be just what I needed. I can win this duel with ease now that I'm up against little Yugi instead of the Pharaoh. And it doesn't really matter which one of them I defeat. I'll still win the Millennium Puzzle and Slifer the Sky Dragon!!
- Yugi: And now, I sacrifice my two monsters so I can summon this to the field!! RED-EYES BLACK DRAGON!! (The arrival of the Red-Eyes Black Dragon suddenly triggers Joey's memories)
- Joey: It's my Red-Eyes!
- Yugi: Come on, Joey! I know you remember your Red-Eyes!
- Joey: I remember! My dragon!
- Kaiba: That Red-Eyes Black Dragon seems to be affecting Wheeler's mind.
- Pharaoh: Yugi, this is getting too dangerous!! I'm taking over!
- Yugi: No! I can't let you, Yami! I need to do this myself.
- Pharaoh: But Yugi-
- Yugi: You have to trust me on this one 'cause I know I can save him. Since the day I solved the Millennium Puzzle, you've given hope, courage, and confidence. You even helped me to make new friends. But I can't go through my life depending on you. I need to know that even without the Millennium Puzzle I can still be on my own if I have to. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I can be like you without you.
Friends 'till the End, Part 3Edit
Friends 'till the End, Part 4Edit
- Joey: Hey, Yuge, I'm that Millennium Puzzle is back where it belongs.
- Yugi: That reminds me. I owe a big thanks to you too, Yami. You trusted me to handle this on my own. I could never have broken through to Joey if you didn't believe in me. You and I make a great team, but it's nice to know that I have the strength to hold my own if I have to. And you helped me find that strength inside myself.
- Mai: Will you get a grip, please?!
Shadow of a DuelEdit
[Solomon Muto tries to wake up Bakura at the hospital]
Bakura: [wakes up and is immediately taken over by Yami Bakura]
Solomon: Ooh. Thank goodness you're alright. You were shouting and tossing around.
Yami Bakura: [pretending to be the normal Bakura] I'm fine. It was only a nightmare.
Solomon: Well, you've been through at lot. This will cheer you up. Yugi and Joey called while you were asleep and they've both qualified for the Battle City Tournament Finals.
Yami Bakura: [still pretending to be the normal Bakura] Hmm... that is excellent news but I'm not surprised. Did they happen to mention where the finals are being held?
Solomon: Oh? I was so excited by the news that I forgot to ask about that.
Yami Bakura: [grunts]
Solomon: Yep. I'm really proud of those boys, especially since only eight duelists can make it to the finals and to think I've trained to of 'em by myself.
Yami Bakura: [grunts and is getting up from the bed]
Solomon: Wait, you must lie down!
Yami Bakura: I've got work to do.
Solomon: You need rest and you haven't got your test results yet.
Yami Bakura: [angrily] BACK OFF, OLD MAN! [The Millenium Ring starts to shine]
Solomon: [terrified] AAAAHH!
Yami Bakura: I don't have time for this foolishness for my destiny awaits.
Solomon: Who are you?
[Yami Bakura laughs evilly while the power of the Millenium Ring makes Solomon Muto to pass out]
Solomon: Ooh! No! Not again!
Yami Bakura: That ought hold him for a while. [grins evilly, while thinking] Now I must obtain six locator cards to qualify for the Battle City Finals , then I deliver my winnings to Marik and the greatest power of the world will be mine!
[Yami Bakura steals a Duel Disk and a locator card from a duelist off-screen]
Duelist: Help! No! Please, give me back my stuff!
Yami Bakura: I'm afraid they belong to me. Your Duel Disk and your locator card are exactly what I'm looking for.
Duelist: Please don't! I need those so I can keep dueling.
Yami Bakura: Stop crawling, it's pitiful. [puts the locator card to his pants pocket] Your Battle City days are over. Now then, let's see what kind of deck you have [pulls the duelist's deck out of the Duel Disk and gets totally unimpressed by the cards in the deck] What? And you call yourself a duelist? It's pathetic! [throws the cards to the ground]
Duelist: My cards! [pitifully] I'll never get to the finals now!
[Yami Bakura departs chuckling]
- [Yami Bakura is dueling Bonz in a cemetery]
- Yami Bakura: Time to begin our Duel, so get ready. [Draws a card] Are you aware of the legend of this cemetery?
- Bonz: What legend?
- Yami Bakura: Listen, this very cemetery is haunted by the ghost of a knight who lost his head in battle. [Discreetly places a monster card on his duel disk]
- Bonz: [Nervously] What?
- Yami Bakura: When the clock strikes midnight, he rises up from his grave in search of his missing head.
- Bonz: [Nervously] I... don't believe you.
- [Yami Bakura's "Headless Knight" monster bursts from the ground, with 1450 Attack points]
- Yami Bakura: [Laughs evilly] Meet "Headless Knight"!
- Bonz: AAAGHH!
[Bonz destroys Yami Bakura's "Headless Knight" with his "Snake Hair"]
Bonz: So, it looks like your knight lost a lot more than his head.
Yami Bakura: Wrong. I assure you, you haven't seen the last of my "Headless Knight", so, observe and learn. I reveal my face-down card and it's "Shallow Grave" ["Shallow Grave" is activated and Yami Bakura uses it to revive "Headless Knight"]
[Bakura has destroyed Bonz's fusion monster "Great Mammoth of Goldfine" and Bonz's life points have reduced down to 600 due to the battle damage and the additional damage from his own trap card "Skull Invitation"]
Yami Bakura: The end is near and when I win you and your friends will be trapped here.
Zygor: What do you mean by that?
Yami Bakura: [laughs] Just look around, you fools! We have been dueling in the Shadow Realm. I transported us here when I first arrived. What do you think? [shadowy figures start to crawl around the graveyard they're dueling in]
Bonz, Zygor and Sid: [terrified] WHAT ARE THOSE THINGS?
Yami Bakura: Those are lost souls trapped forever in the darkness and soon you will join them. Your souls doomed to wonder the darkness of the Shadow Realm.
[Bonz has activated the magic card "Nightmare Steelcage" to prevent Yami Bakura from attacking him.]
Yami Bakura: I draw one card. [draws a card from his deck, looks at it and grunts, seemingly disappointed]
Sid: [mockingly] Aww, disappointed because you can't move?
Yami Bakura: On the contrary. I'm disappointed because this duel has to end and I wanted to prolong your misery.
Bonz: [dumbfounded] What are you talking about? As long as "Nightmare Steelcage" remains on the field, you cannot attack for two whole turns!
Yami Bakura: That's only partially true. There is one card that can penetrate your cage. [places the magic card "Ectoplasmer" on the field card slot on his Duel Disk] Activate "Ectoplasmer". [Ectoplasmer is activated and starts to absord the spirit of Yami Bakura's face-up monster "Earl of Demise"] "Ectoplasmer" extracts the very soul of my monster and transforms it into an energy so powerful it can penetrate your cage and destroy the rest of your lifepoints!
Bonz: [terrified] Aah! No way!
Yami Bakura: Yes! Now, go, "Ectoplasmer" and finish these fools of NOW!
[The spirit of "Earl of Demise" turned into an ectoplasmer rushes straight towards Bonz who is now totally terrified. Bonz loses the duel]
Lights, Camera, DuelEdit
Let the Finals Begin!Edit
The Dark Spirit Revealed, Part 1Edit
The Dark Spirit Revealed, Part 2Edit
The Dark Spirit Revealed, Part 3Edit
- Yami Bakura: Marik, I must step in!! I still need Bakura and I can't risk his health! He holds the Millennium Ring and my spirit!! I must protect him for the moment!!
- Yugi: The Millennium Ring is a lot like my Puzzle. It holds an ancient spirit who depends on someone else so it can exist. And even though the spirit of the Ring is evil and controls Bakura against his will, it seems to still need Bakura in order to survive. But there's big difference between Bakura and I, Yami.
- The Pharaoh: What's that?
- Yugi: The spirit inside my item is my friend. And you and I are always there to support each other. You were there to help me when my grandfather was in trouble, and now I'm here to help you rescue the world from evil.
Rage of the Egyptian GodsEdit
Awakening of Evil, Part 1Edit
Awakening of Evil, Part 2Edit
Awakening of Evil, Part 3Edit
Awakening of Evil, Part 4Edit
Mind Games, Part 1Edit
Mind Games, Part 2Edit
Mind Games, Part 3Edit
A Duel with Destiny, Part 1Edit
A Duel with Destiny, Part 2Edit
The Tomb Keeper's SecretEdit
- Ishizu: There is hope ahead. For where there is evil, there is also good. Marik was good once. He began life as an innocent child like everyone does, but that innocence disappeared, leaving my brother to walk a path of pure darkness. I remember when this evil was born.
- Ishizu: I knew I had a grave mistake. As keepers of the Pharaoh's tomb, we were forbidden to see the world, and I was beginning to understand why. I was about to pay the price for my actions. I exposed Marik to a world he should never have seen. And this caused Marik to reject our family, and his evil side grew.
Showdown in the Shadows: Marik vs. Bakura, Part 1Edit
Yami Bakura: Before we start, there's someone here who would like to have few words with you face-to-face.
Yami Marik: Make it fast!
Marik: I will win my body back from you because destiny is on my side!
Yami Marik: Sorry. I've taken over your destiny now and with it I plan to claim the great power of the Pharaoh for myself while you two fools be swallowed to the shadows.
Marik: I won't let you claim my fate as your own, body snatcher!
Yami Marik: [chuckles] I'm afraid it's too late for that. I am the real you and soon you'll be nothing but a forgotten memory in the sands of time. [laughs evilly]
Marik: While I was occupying Téa's mind, I heard Ishizu tell the story of the first day you were born.
[flashback] Ishizu: My brother, Marik, wasn't always evil.
Marik: She explained that after I received the Tombkeeper's initiation, the seeds of your existence were planned and it was you who began my path towards darkness when you sent my father to the Shadow Realm. Soon you'll pay what you did to me and to him.
Yami Marik: What I did? I was born out of your hate, your jealousy and your anger towards your father which makes you just as guilty as me!
Marik: That may be but from now on I'll make up for everything I have done. [thinking] Father, please forgive me.
Yami Bakura: [mockingly] Very touching.
Showdown in the Shadows: Marik vs. Bakura, Part 2Edit
Yami Marik: Get ready to enter the darkness at the hands of Ra!
- Yami Bakura: Don't you realize that I am the darkness!?
- Yami Marik: [Chuckles] What's that supposed to mean?
- Yami Bakura: It's quite simple. It means I can't be destroyed! You haven't seen the last of me! [laughs evilly while his body disappears into the Shadow Realm, leaving only the Millenium Ring behind, which falls to the ground]
Season Three: Enter the Shadow RealmEdit
Isolated in CyberspaceEdit
Freeze Play, Part 1Edit
Freeze Play, Part 2Edit
- Crump: Sudden'y, I'm in the mood for a cold ice glass tea!
Courtroom Chaos, Part 1Edit
- Johnson: On behalf of myself and the Big Five, I want to offer your our most sincere apologies, Noah.
- Noah: Johnson, please.
- Johnson: Let me explain!
- Noah: There's nothing to explain! You five failed me for the last time! Now you're all fired!
- Johnson: Just hear me out, sir.
- Noah: Your slick lawyer talk won't get you out of this one, Johnson, so don't even try it. So far your partners Gansley and Crump each suffered an embarrassing defeat. So why should I believe the rest of you won't fail? I have no choice, Johnson. I must dispose of you all!
- Johnson: Please, Noah! Don't do it! We've analyzed our attack patterns and we come up with a solid dueling strategy that is guaranteed to bring success, sir! Understand our position. The Big Five are desperate to defeat these brats. It's the only way we can take over their bodies and leave the cyber world behind! We can't let them win!
- Noah: Very well. I'll give you a chance to redeem yourself. Don't let me down.
- Johnson: You won't be sorry.
- Noah: No. 'Cause if they fail me again, he will be the sorry one. Their failures are a reflection of me. And I can't allow Yugi and his friends to make me look like a failure.
Courtroom Chaos, Part 2Edit
Merger of the Big Five, Part 1Edit
Merger of the Big Five, Part 2Edit
Merger of the Big Five, Part 3Edit
- Leichter: Hey! What's going on?!
- Noah: Breaking my rules again, are we?
- Leichter: Noah!
- Noah: You five fools have failed me for the last time!!
[The Big Five scream as they disappear]
- Tea: What's happening?
- Joey: They disappeared!
Settling the Score, Part 1Edit
Settling the Score, Part 2Edit
Brothers in Arms, Part 1Edit
Brothers in Arms, Part 2Edit
- Noah: So, you think I'm insane for wanting to claim what's rightfully mine?
- Kaiba: No, I think you're insane for trapping me in a virtual computer program and forcing me to duel you! Just to prove to your daddy that you're not the failure he thinks you are!! Well, I'm here to prove that you are!!
- Kaiba: Kaiba Corp is mine 'cause I earned it!! And if you think you can take it all away, just by winning one duel, proves what I thought about you from the start.
- Noah: And what's that?
- Kaiba: You're nuts!! You must have spent one too many years trapped in that bubble in the sky, Noah. I'm more fit to run that company than you'll ever be!! And deep down your father always knew that.
Brothers in Arms, Part 3Edit
- Kaiba: Noah, I'm only gonna say this once: Release Mokuba now! This is our fight! Is that clear? He has nothing to do with this!
- Noah: There you go disrespecting Mokuba again, acting like his opinion doesn't matter. Tell him, Mokie.
- Joey: Kaiba! Oh man.
- Yugi: They're statues! It can't be!
- (His anger allows the spirit of the Pharaoh to take over)
- Pharaoh: Noah, you think this proves you're the best!? I think it shows your father that you're a coward!
- Noah: What are you talking about Yugi? I defeated Seto fair and square.
- Pharaoh: Guess again, Noah! You think kidnapping Mokuba and using him as a shield is fair!!?
Noah's Final Threat, Part 1Edit
Noah's Final Threat, Part 2Edit
So Close, Yet So FarEdit
- Joey: Now what!?
- Gozaboro: YOU HAVE FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME, NOAH!
- Kaiba: That voice! It can't be!
- Noah: Father, no! Give me another chance!
- Gozaboro: TOO LATE FOR THAT!!
- Kaiba: You snake!
- Gozaboro: I can't believe that you had the nerve to call me a snake! I was the most powerful human being on the entire planet before you came along and stole that power away from me, Seto! Don't you realize that I treated you better than I even treated my own son?
- Kaiba: Thanks...for nothing! And I'll make sure you never regain your power!
- Gozaboro: You're too late!
Burying the Past Part 1Edit
- Gozaboro: (Chuckles evilly) Well, someone's feeling a bit anxious. So feast your eyes on my cards. I have a strong feeling you've encountered them before! Take a close look. Do these five cards seem familiar to you??
- Kaiba: It can't be!! Not those cards!! IT'S THE FIVE PIECES OF EXODIA THE FORBIDDEN ONE!!
- Noah: He's lied to me for the last time!
Burying the Past Part 2Edit
- Kaiba: Well, it looks like you have failed again. So, I guess there's one thing left to do.
- Gozaboro: Yes! I guess there is! Escape from this place!
Back to Battle CityEdit
The Darkness Returns, Part 1Edit
The Darkness Returns, Part 2Edit
The Darkness Returns, Part 3Edit
The Darkness Returns, Part 4Edit
- Marik: There goes another soul into the dark abyss of the shadows.
- Yugi: (In spirit/ghostly form, next to the Pharaoh) (In his mind) I won't lose him to the Shadow Realm!!
- (Falls to his knees in tears)
- Yugi: IT'S NOT FAIR!!
- Kaiba: (in his mind; regarding the Dueling performance he saw Joey exhibit) I must admit, Wheeler's performance today was quite impressive. Perhaps he's not the third rate amateur I thought he was.
- Ishizu: It's all right, Serenity.
- Serenity (in tears): I just want my brother back!
- Ishizu (thinking): I understand. Both of our brothers must now battle the darkness.
Battle for the Bronze, Part 1Edit
Battle for the Bronze, Part 2Edit
The Final Face-off, Part 1Edit
- Yami Marik: Meet my next victim!
- The Pharaoh: Yugi!
- Yami Marik: Do you understand what's at stake here!? Lose the duel and Yugi goes to the Shadow Realm!
- Pharaoh: Marik, this is about you and me, so leave him alone!!
Marik: Not true. You're forgetting my weaker half. He's involved in this conflict as well.
- Marik: You probably realized this, but my leech can attack instantly! And that's not all!!
- (Yugi groans in pain as small parts of his body fade away into the shadows)
- Pharaoh: Yugi!! What have you done, Marik?!!
- Marik: When you lose life points, your friend will lose a piece of himself to the darkness, and the same rule applies to my former self. The shadows will claim an innocent soul, no matter who wins.
- Pharaoh: You will pay for what you've done!!
- Marik: I disagree! It you who shall pay!! (thinking) He may not realize this, but when Yugi's body is consumed by the darkness, the Pharaoh will cease to exist in this world. For without a body, he's nothing but a wandering spirit.
- Yami Marik: I will not be destroyed!!
The Final Face-off, Part 2Edit
The Final Face-off, Part 3Edit
The Final Face-off, Part 4Edit
One for the RoadEdit
Moving Back and Moving AheadEdit
Season Four: Waking the DragonsEdit
A New Evil, Part 1Edit
A New Evil, Part 2Edit
Legend of the DragonsEdit
- Joey: Now why does all these weird stuff always happen to us? [Yugi is silent] You've gotta admit, it's true.
- [Rebecca runs up to meet Yugi]
- Rebecca: Yugi! [Hugs Yugi]
- Yugi: [Very surprised] Uh, hey....you!
- Rebecca: Oh no, don't tell me you forgot about me already!
- Tristan: Yet another weird event to add to the list.
- Joey: And this one tops them all.
- Tristan: It's probably best if we don't interfere!
- Tea: [Leaning towards Yugi] Do you know this person, Yugi?
- Yugi: Um, I don't think so.
- Rebecca: Maybe this will refresh your memory! [Holds up a card]
- Yugi: [After flashback] Ah, Rebecca!
- Joey: It's that brat!
- Rebecca: Hi! [Big smile; waves her hand]
- Joey: Wait, she looks different. Did she get a haircut or something?
- Tristan: No dude, she traded her teddy bear for glasses.
- Rebecca: [Hugs Yugi] I don't need a bear... now that I've got a boyfriend to protect me!
- Tea: Um, excuse me? A boyfriend!?
- Rebecca: [Another hug] My grandpa is also really excited to see you Yugi!
- Yugi: Professor Hawkins?
- Rebecca: Yeah, he's waiting at the Museum.
- Tea: Grrr... [Anime vein throb]
The Creator ReturnsEdit
An Unexpected EnemyEdit
My Freaky Valentine, Part 1Edit
My Freaky Valentine, Part 2Edit
My Freaky Valentine, Part 3Edit
Fate of the Pharaoh, Part 1Edit
Fate of the Pharaoh, Part 2Edit
- Yugi: Pharaoh, no!
- The Pharaoh: Let go!
- Yugi: No! You don't know what you're doing!
- Pharaoh: Let go!!
- Yugi: Listen to me!! This card is affecting your mind!!
- Pharaoh: We're going to lose the duel!! Can't you see!!? trust me! It's the only way, Yugi! We must do this! Now let me go!!
- Yugi: Please don't play that card!
- Pharaoh: Now I activate the Seal of Orichalcos!
- Rafael: (thinking) Excellent. So, tell me. How do ya feel?
Fate of the Pharaoh, Part 3Edit
- Rafael: Adios, Your Highness.
- Rafael: The Seal of Oricahlcos never leaves the field without taking something along for the ride. And this time it's you, and you have yourself to blame 'cause you sealed your own fate when you played that card. Now your life-force will awaken the Great Beast.
- (In the far corners of Yugi's subconscious mind)
- Yugi: Not if I can help!! With all the power of the Millennium Puzzle, I break the Seal!!
- Yugi: Pharaoh, I won't let his happen to you!!
- Pharaoh: Yugi, no! What are you doing here!!?
- Yugi: It only needs one of us. So I'm letting the Seal take me instead.
- Pharaoh: NO!! YUGI!!
- Pharaoh: No, Joey. It's far from alright. I didn't outsmart him. He succeeded. Yugi's gone.
- Joey: I don't get it. How can you be talkin' to us if he took your soul?
- Pharaoh: Not mine!! Yugi's!! IT'S ALL MY FAULT!! YUGI, COME BACK!! IT SHOULD'VE BEEN ME, NOT HIM!! IT'S NOT FAIR!!
Trial by StoneEdit
- Tea: How'd it go? Is everything OK?
- Joey: Not quite. We got a problem guys.
- Tea: What do you mean?
- Tristan: Yugi didn't win. He's gone.
- Tea: Wha-
- Tristan: You heard me. Yugi got beat, Tea!
- Tea: You're wrong! If Yugi really lost that duel, those creeps would have taken his soul with their freaky magic card, Tristan!!
- Joey: So what's your point, Tea?
- Tea: My point!? If he's lost how can he be standing right...behind me? Oh no.
- Rebecca: Yugi, talk to me. What's wrong!? Why are you acting so strange!?
- Pharaoh: Rebecca, they got him.
- Rebecca: Got who?
- Pharaoh: Yugi.
- Pharaoh: I know. This whole thing's my fault. I'm the one who unleashed the magic that took Yugi away.
- Rebecca: You knew that card was evil and you still played it!? If you really were a brave pharaoh, you would never have done something like that to poor, little Yugi!!
- Tea: Now hold on.
- Pharaoh: I'm afraid Rebecca's right.
- Joey: What's done is done.
- Pharaoh: I let everyone down. Especially Yugi. He warned me not to play the Seal of Oricalcos card, but my rage took control.
- Rafael: Master, I'll have you know the strongest soul on Earth has been captured.
- Dartz: Ah, yes. The Pharaoh.
- Weevil: Pharaoh?
- Rex: What pharaoh?
- Dartz: Unfortunately, you failed again.
- Valon: That's right. The soul of the Pharaoh's still out there, Rafael.
- Dartz: Now watch and learn. The Pharaoh's spirit inhabits the body of a young man. And what we have here is a clear case of mistaken identity.
- Rex: No way!
- Weevil: Yugi?
- Valon: Instead of the Pharaoh, you got the soul of some kid!
- Rafael: I still don't understand.
- Dartz: Then you need to clean out your ears, your oversized baboon. Both of their spirits inhabit one body! Get it!? You captured the wrong soul!
- Rafael: But how!? I was pretty sure I was dueling the Pharaoh! So the Orichcalos should have sealed him!
- Dartz: Well, apparently you're not as perceptive as you think you are because he got away!!
- Seto Kaiba: [furiously slams his hand on the desk and stands up] YUGI LOST?!?!?!?! [thinking] Yugi gave up his Duel Monsters crown to some nobody?! WELL, NOBODY TAKES THAT TITLE BUT ME!!!!!
- Yami Yugi: [sternly] Hold on.
- Seto Kaiba: I don't wanna hear another word! You're a disgrace to the game, Yugi! [hangs up the receiver]
On the Wrong Track, Part 1Edit
On the Wrong Track, Part 2Edit
On the Wrong Track, Part 3Edit
Yami: go Berkserker Soul
Weevil: what are you gonna do with that?
Yami: I draw, Queen knights! And since it’s a monster, my warrior can attack.. now for my next card, looks like your out of luck. Attack again, draw again, Another monster, this just isn’t your day. Breaker attack him again! Let’s see. Oh well..
Reliving the PastEdit
Deck of ArmorEdit
Flight of Fear, Part 1Edit
Flight of Fear, Part 2Edit
Fighting for a Friend, Part 1Edit
Fighting for a Friend, Part 2Edit
Fighting for a Friend, Part 3Edit
Fighting for a Friend, Part 4Edit
Fighting for a Friend, Part 5Edit
- Joey: Congratulations. You win.
- (Collapses from exhaustion)
- Mai: Joey, no!! You're wrong. I never attacked so you didn't lose the duel.
- Joey: But, I'm too exhausted... to finish.
- Mai: I won't let the Orichalcos take you away, Joey.
- Joey: It's too late for that. I already lost the duel, so there's no turnin' back. I'm just glad that if one of us had to lose our soul, it didn't have to be you, Mai.
- Mai: Don't say that.
- Joey: Hey, Mai, that was one of the greatest duels I ever fought. Thank you.
- (His spirit is taken by the Seal, leaving Mai horrified)
- Mai: Joey!! NO!!
- (The fragment of the Orchicalcos on her choker shatters)
- Dartz: She's been set free! Ah! But what's this? It seems miss Valentine has served her purpose.
- (Mai hold Joey's lifeless body, her eyes full of tears)
- Mai: Joey, wait! SNAP OUT OF IT! This is all my fault! I was angry and confused, and I blamed all my loneliness on you! So I tried to get rid of you. How can I be so selfish? You're not the only one who cared about me. You are the closest friend I ever had, and how did I repay you? By leaving you for a madman who promised me power. I'll make him regret the day he ever met Mai Valentine!!
Grappling with a Guardian, Part 1Edit
Grappling with a Guardian, Part 2Edit
- The Pharaoh: (after Rafael special summoned Guardian Dreadscythe) For the last time, what is that thing?!
- Rafael: I told you; when Eatos goes to the Graveyard, this monster is summoned to the field in its place. So say hello to my Guardian Dreadscythe!
Grappling with a Guardian, Part 3Edit
A Duel with Dartz, Part 1Edit
- Tristan: Dude, what's with all these people chiseled in stone?
- Tea: They're just any people! Take a look!
- The Pharaoh: Oh no! There's Mai and Weevil!
- Tristan: This must be everyone who lost their soul!
- The Pharaoh: Yugi!
- Seto: Look, I want my company back, so can the small talk!
- Dartz: Is that so? Well, guess what? We all want something. As for me, I want your souls for my wall. I even have the spot picked out.
- Seto: Save it, Dartz! It'll take a lot more than a few party tricks to scare me!
- The Pharaoh: Now for the last time, release our friends!
- Dartz: That's not possible.
- The Pharaoh: What do you mean?
A Duel with Dartz, Part 2Edit
- (Dartz, Yami Yugi, and Kaiba hovering above the city of Atlantis)
- Dartz: Behold, the lost city of Atlantis and all its glory. Just as it was 10,000 years ago, a perfect civilization or so I thought. Surrounded by oceans as far as the eye could see, we were isolated from the rest of the world.
- (A scene depicts the once glorious city of Atlantis and all of Earth's creatures)
- Dartz: Our lives were simple, we existed side by side with all of Earth's creatures and we knew nothing of violence. But, then that changed.
- (a meteor shower rains upon Atlantis)
- Dartz: Darkness ascended upon us and a strange substance rained down from the heavens. A substance that will change our lives.
- Yami Yugi: The Orichalcos.
- Seto Kaiba: Please tell me that story time is over, I like to duel.
- Dartz: The tale of my past directly affects the fate of your future. So if I were you, I pay close attention.
- (it seems the city of Atlantis had changed)
- Dartz: Now thanks to the stones of the Orichalcos, the people of Atlantis needed advancement in technology that were never before imagine. And soon, I ruled over the most highly developed civilization the world had ever known. However, with progress comes greed and eventually violence, I knew what had to be done. But, my father, former king Ironheart had different ideas.
- Yami Yugi: (shocked) Ironheart was your father?! But how?
- Seto Kaiba: If you ask questions, this ridiculous story is never going to end.
- Dartz: That old fool never had what took to be king and on my 21st birthday, he allowed me to take over and filled his unimpressive shoes. So as technology continues to advance and the hearts of my people continue to seek deeper into the darkness. It was up to me to remedy the situation, the citizens of Atlantis were growing more and more selfish. And if I didn't act soon, I would lose complete control, but even I couldn't have imagine what would happen next.
- (The Orichalcos began to show the true nature of the Atlanteans)
- Dartz: The Orichalcos began to test us, it revealed the truth about who we were.
- (The people of Atlantis are beginning to turn into monsters)
- Dartz: Those who were wicked on the inside became wicked on the outside.
- (Meanwhile, Fiona is struggling)
- Dartz: Fiona, are you all right?
- Dartz: Wait, come back! What's going on?!
- (Dartz soon finds out that his beloved wife also turned into a monster)
- Dartz: Fiona!
- Dartz: I didn't realize it first, but the true colors of my people were revealed to me that day.
- Dartz: But why? Why is this happening?
- (a bright green light appears in the water fountain)
- Dartz: I couldn't understand how a society as perfect as ours could crumble like this.
- (He picks up an Orichalcos stone)
- Dartz: But soon the Orichalcos would answer all my questions. The people of Atlantis were evil and I have been chosen to wipe them out and start over again. But I couldn't accomplish such a task on my own, I was but one man so the Orichalcos gave me a gift, something powerful enough to lead my fight against mankind. For deep below the Earth's surface lives the most incredible creature ever lived, the Great Leviathan! And it was mine, and shortly that this great beast will return to finish what it began!
- Dartz: I was ready to begin my task of recreating civilization on Earth, but one person stood in my way.
- (A scene where Ironheart, Chris, and Skye are in the throne room)
- Ironheart: My son, you know what you have to do. Destroy those Orichalcos stones so we can return the light we once knew.
- (Dartz sitting on his throne with a gold eye)
- Dartz: (laughs) Do you honestly believe that we can go back to the way things were. It's too late for that, Father.
- Ironheart: But, Dartz...
- Dartz: The true nature of our people have been exposed. We now know that the citizens of this planet are evil and must be destroy!
- Ironheart: What?!
- Dartz: You heard me, old man! We should be thanking the Orichalcos for showing us the truth. Not blaming it for the faults of mankind, but this mysterious substance that rained down above us had open up my eyes. Not only has it showed me what's wrong, it's given me the tools to fix it. For now I have the power to awaken a mighty creature known as the Great Leviathan! And by the power of the Orichalcos, this beast will rise up from the depths of the earth and fight by my side! And when I'm through, I shall rebuild civilization!
- (The stones have summoned an army of Orichalcos soldiers)
- Ironheart: Dartz! What's going on?!
- (Dartz laughs evilly)
- Dartz: Meet my Orichalcos soldiers!
- Chris: (scared) Grandpa, I'm scared!
- Dartz: If you join my side, you have nothing to fear. If not, farewell.
- Ironheart: We'll never join you! Never! Let's go, Chris!
- (They escape from the throne room)
- Dartz: Have it your way.
- (Dartz appears on his balcony and addresses his army)
- Dartz: The time has come to cleanse the world of its impurities! So arise my children and conquer the people of Earth! And this planet shall be yours!
- (Meanwhile Ironheart, Chris, and Skye are walking from their city and they enter a cave)
- Chris: What are we going to do, Grandpa?
- Ironheart: Your father is under the control of an evil force and he must be stopped. The future of our planet depends on it. Through there, hurry!
- (Chris and Skye suddenly runs through an carving of monsters on the walls)
- Chris: What's there? Why are those monsters carved in stone?
- Ironheart: We've come here to ask for their help.
- (The scene depicts the battle of Atlantis between Dartz's Orichalcos army and Ironheart's army of monsters)
- Dartz: And so the Battle of Atlantis began! You see my father had opened up a gateway to the Dominion of the Beasts and he used the monsters within to form an army of his own.
- Yami Yugi: Tell me, what was the battle's outcome?
- Dartz: Neither side were victorious and Atlantis sunk to the bottom of the sea. My father's monster army were scattered around the world and sealed away until they be needed again. The Leviathan was drained of its power and also sealed away. It's taken me 10,000 years to gather the energy necessary to bring it back. All that's left of me to do is to defeat you two in this duel. Then your souls will awaken the Great Leviathan and my plan will finally come to pass.
- Seto Kaiba: Hold on! We already defeated you! Our Master of Dragon Soldier should've wipe out the rest of your life points.
- Dartz: Perhaps it should have, but I'm afraid it didn't. Your pathetic attack failed short of its target. So this duel is still on.
A Duel with Dartz, Part 3Edit
- The Pharaoh: You'll never take them away from us, Dartz!!
- Dartz: That's right, Pharaoh. Let your anger consume you. Feel the darkness within you beginning to spread. The stronger your rage, the more powerful the Great Leviathan will be when it absorbs your soul. Now where we? Ah, yes. Mirror Knight Yugi. It's time to attack your other half.
- The Pharaoh: No, Yugi! Fight it! I know you can hear me!!
- (Yugi struggles against Dartz's command)
- Dartz: What's this? My soldier is still loyal to you? How touching. Even though you turned your back on him, he refuses to seek revenge. That will soon change.
- The Pharaoh: We'll see.
- The Pharoh: Kaiba!
- Kaiba: Just save it! That second-rate chump has held me back for the last time! Different Dimension Dragon Attack!
- The Pharaoh: No! Don’t do this!
- Kaiba: Too late!
A Duel with Dartz, Part 4Edit
A Duel with Dartz, Part 5Edit
- Dartz: Don't worry, Pharaoh. Your friends are fine. I don't need weak souls. I just wanted to spend some quality time with you, one-on-one. Is that so wrong?
- Pharaoh: That's enough!
- Dartz: But there's something I think you'll want to know. You and I met five thousand years ago when you king of Egypt. We may not have been officially introduced but I was there watching you.
- Pharaoh: Go on.
- Dartz: When the battle of Atlantis ended, I thought the Leviathan was gone forever. That is until I met you.
- Pharaoh: Hold on! What does that evil creature of yours have to do with me!?
- Dartz: I thought you'd never ask.
A Duel with Dartz, Part 6Edit
Rise of the Great Beast, Part 1Edit
- Dark Magician Girl: Monsters, unite. Without us all hope is lost. We must join forces with the humans! And together we shall defeat the Great Beast. Now go!
- Joey: That Leviathan's a goner! It's 3 on 1 up there!
- Kaiba: I see you can count! Unfortunately, numbers aren't everything!
- Yugi: You can do this, Pharaoh!
- Dartz: My Leviathan is fueled by the darkness of my prisoners!!
- The Pharaoh: Wrong, Dartz!! I was able to transform the darkness in their hearts to light! A light which now fuels my beasts!!
- Dartz: NO!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, PHARAOH?!?!
- Kaiba: Hey, look! I guess the Gods did pull through!
- Joey: Told ya! That means everyone Dartz captured is free!
Rise of the Great Beast, Part 2Edit
Divide and ConquerEdit
Reunited at LastEdit
Fortress of FearEdit
Eye of the StormEdit
Trial of Light and ShadowEdit
Red-Eyes Black CurseEdit
Fruits of EvolutionEdit
The Fiendish Five, Part 1Edit
The Fiendish Five, Part 2Edit
The True King, Part 1Edit
The True King, Part 2Edit
Season Five: KC ChampionshipEdit
Unwanted Guest, Part 1Edit
- Yugi: Finally some peace and quiet for a change.
- The Pharaoh: We needed this.
- Yugi: Yeah. After everything we've been through, it feels nice just to kick back. Is something on your mind?
- The Pharaoh: As a matter off act, Yugi, there is. It seems every time we restore peace to the world, a greater evil is waiting for us.
- Yugi: Yeah, you got a point there. But look on the bright side. Every battle that we fight also brings us one step closer to figuring out the secrets of your past.
- The Pharaoh: The three Egyptian God cards.
- Yugi: Yup. They're back in our deck again, which means it's time for you and I to pick up where we left off. As soon as we get back home, we're going straight to that history museum. and these three cards are gonna give us some answers.
- The Pharaoh: Let's hope so.
Unwanted Guest, Part 2Edit
- Joey: Hey, hold on!! I know an insult when I hear one!! LOOK AT ME WHEN I'M YELLIN' AT YA!!
Let the Games Begin! Part 1Edit
- Duke: Look! Joey's trying to scare the competition with his weird chicken dance.
- Tea: I need some female friends.
- Kaiba: I know one of these punks is trying to ruin me! and before this tournament is over I'm gonna find out who!
Let the Games Begin! Part 2Edit
Down in Flames, Part 1Edit
Down in Flames, Part 2Edit
A Brawl in a Small Town, Part 1Edit
- Joey: I was knocked out of the tournament by a guy with pink hair!?
- Tristan: A guy with pink hair who's an EXCERPT DUELIST.
- Joey: I wanna be Number One!
- Tea: Oh, will you grow up!? Trust me, there'll be other Duels!
- Joey: You're not runner up every year! That honor belongs to me!
- Leon: Here's one you might remember from your bedtime stories. You guessed it! It's Cinderella! And thanks to her fairy godmother, she'll be able to go to the ball. Cinderella automatically lets me summon my Pumpkin Carriage to the field.
- Rebecca: Ugh!
- Leon: With my Pumpkin Carriage in play, Cinderella receives a thousand point boost. Oh, and where would she be without her glass slippers?
A Brawl in a Small Town, Part 2Edit
- Vivian: Just as I thought. I knew you couldn't resist my charm! All right, if you defeat me, then your Grandpa walks. If you lose, we go on a date.
- Tea: (infuriated): ALL RIGHT, THAT'S IT! I'VE JUST HEARD ENOUGH ABOUT YOU, VIVIAN!! GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!! YUGI DOESN'T LIKE YOU AND HE NEVER WILL!!
- Joey: All right. Just breathe.
- Tristan: Even if Yugi loses, at least he gets a date.
- Tea: YUGI WON'T LOSE!!! SO DROP THE DATE THING!!!
- The Pharaoh: We'll see! I draw! All right, first I'll summon my Skilled Dark Magician to the field in Attack Mode!! Second, I activate Pot of Greed, which lets me draw 2 more cards from my Deck! (The first Spell Counter lights up on the Skilled Dark Magician) Then, I'll play this - the Emblem of Dragon Destroyer! It lets me bring Buster Blader back to my hand! (Now another Spell Counter lights up on the Skilled Dark Magician)
- Vivian: What are those lights?!
- The Pharaoh: They're Spell Counters! With every Magic Card I play, another one lights up! (Vivian gasps) I'm afraid there's more! My final Magic Card! It's known as Monster Reincarnation! So Dark Magician's back in my Deck! (The third and final Spell Counter lights up on the Skilled Dark Magician) And now all 3 of my Spell Counters are glowing! So I can sacrifice my Skilled Dark Magician in order to summon Dark Magician! There's more. I play Polymerization, fusing my Dark Magician with my Buster Blader! Behold the creature of your demise - my Dark Paladin! And there's one more thing you should know: Dark Paladin gets 500 ATK points for every Dragon on the field and in our Graveyards.
- Vivian: THAT CAN'T BE! I JUST SENT 4 OF MY DRAGONS TO MY CARD GRAVEYARD! IT'S NOT FAIR! (Dark Paladin's ATK strength increases to 4,900 points)
- The Pharaoh: Oh, it's quite fair. Now, Dark Paladin, wipe out her Dragon Lady and her life points!! Game over.
One Step Ahead, Part 1Edit
One Step Ahead, Part 2Edit
Sinister Secrets, Part 1Edit
Sinister Secrets, Part 2Edit
Sinister Secrets, Part 3Edit
Tomb of the Nameless PharaohEdit
- [Yami Bakura has sent the souls of Rex Raptor and Weevil Underwood to the Shadow Realm, after they stole a bag from Yugi, containing the Millenium Items Yugi has gathered so far, mistakingly believing the bag contains the Egyptian God Cards instead of the Millenium Items]
- Yugi: Bakura, what have you done to them?
- Yami Bakura: [chuckles]
- Yugi: [demanding] Answer me!
- Yami Bakura: These two delinquents received exactly what they deserved, Yugi. They took possession of something that didn't belong to them, so I banished their souls to the Shadow Realm. [kicks the unconscious bodies] And I'd say the punishment fit the crime.
- Yugi: [horrified] You sent them to the Shadow Realm?
- Yami Bakura: You should be showing a little more gratitude. After all I returned your belongings. Well, most of them.
- Yugi: What's that mean!?
- (Bakura shows him the Millennium Ring)
- Yami Bakura: Take a look. There was one item in your bag of tricks that I'm not quite ready to part with. Besides it did belong to me at one time.
- Yugi: Give it back! The Millenium Items belong together!
- Yami Bakura: Eventually, they will be. In the meantime, why don't you concentrate on gathering other items instead of pestering me and when the times is right, I'll give you the Millenium Ring. We may not be fond of each other, but we do share a common goal: We both want all seven Millennium Items returned to their resting place, united once again within the Millennium Stone, just as they were so long ago.
- Yugi: I don't trust you! And I never will! I'm collecting the Millennium Items so I can help the Pharaoh save the world from destruction!
- Yami Bakura: And I gather you think that I have a different goal in mind. Believe whatever you wish. But remember, I know things about the past that your Pharaoh friend seems to have forgotten.
- Yugi: Oh yeah? And what kind of things are those!!?
- Yami Bakura: I know that when the seven Millennium Items are returned to the Stone, a doorway to the spirit world will open.
- Yugi: [thinking] The spirit world? If that exists, it could be where the spirit of the Pharaoh belongs. [to Yami Bakura] Are you saying that when this doorway opens, the Pharaoh will be set free?
- Yami Bakura: You're catching on! So don't you want to help your friend? After all he's spirit's been trapped inside that puzzle for five thousand years.
- Yugi: Of course I do!!
- (The Pharaoh takes over)
- The Pharaoh: [demanding] That's enough! Stop poisoning Yugi's mind!
- Yami Bakura: Ah, Pharaoh. To what do I owe this honor? Did you come here so we can bury the hatchet and join forces?
- The Pharaoh: [angrily] You know better than that!!
- Yami Bakura: I know why you hate me. Because when you get right down to it, you and I are more alike than you'd care to admit. Isn't that right, Pharaoh?
- The Pharaoh: [annoyed] We are nothing alike!!
- Yami Bakura: We're both five thousand-year-old spirits aren't we? Each one inhabiting the body of an innocent civilian? The only difference is: I remember my past. All your mind contains is an endless labyrinth of questions. Your whole life has been nothing more than a puzzle wrapped in a game and I happen to know the solution. It's quite ironic, actually. The only way you can solve that game is by playing a game.
- The Pharaoh: I don't know if you speak the truth, but I'll do whatever I have to! Game or no game! I will unlock my mind!
- Yami Bakura: Well, then best of luck. You're going to need it when the ultimate Shadow Game begins. Enjoy your travels, Pharaoh. (Thinking) That encounter went exactly as planned. Now on to phase two.
[Yami Bakura has sent Mokuba's soul to the Shadow Realm in order to force Seto Kaiba into a duel]
Seto Kaiba: Mokuba...
Yami Bakura: I would tell you where is soul is but you don't believe in the Shadow Realm, right?
Seto Kaiba: Whatever you did to my brother, you'd better undo. Did you understand me, Bakura? As soon as I defeat you, I want him back! Now, let's get your little game over with!
Yami Bakura: [chuckles] As you wish.
Seto Kaiba: You're about to regret this.
Yami Bakura: We'll see...
Seto Kaiba and Yami Bakura: [in unison] Let's duel!
[Yami Bakura and Seto Kaiba prepare to duel, when the fogs of the Shadow Realm appear]
Yami Bakura: [mockingly] What's wrong? There's no such thing as magic, right? And all those ancient visions you've been having, they don't exist either, do they?
Seto Kaiba: [annoyed] Not that Egyptian speech again. When are you people gonna realize that I focus on the future. [firmly] I don't waste my time WORRYING ABOUT THE PAST!!!
Yami Bakura: [chuckles] That attitude of yours hasn't changed in over 5 000 years.
Seto Kaiba: [furiously] THAT'S ENOUGH!!!
Yami Bakura: [thinking] Just give me a little time, Seto Kaiba. I'll make a believer out of you. When this Shadow Game comes to a close, not only will you accept your ancient heritage, you'll long to return to your roots.
[Bakura starts the duel by playing "Polymerization" in order to fuse "The Earl of Demise" with "Headless Knight" in order to Fusion Summon "The Duke of Demise" in attack mode]
Yami Bakura: But the rules forbid me to attack you. I suppose you got off easy this time.
Seto Kaiba: [unimpressed] Please, it'll take a lot more than a rotting carcass with a sword to intimidate me.
[Seto Kaiba attacks Yami Bakura's "The Duke of Demise" after first cutting its attack points in half with the magic card "Shrink", but Yami Bakura's "The Duke of Demise" remains on the field, since it cannot be destroyed by battle]
Seto Kaiba: My attack may have not destroyed your monster but it did remove 900 of your life points.
Yami Bakura: [laughs] And you think that worries me?
Seto Kaiba: I wouldn't be laughing if I were you.
Yami Bakura: And why is that?
Seto Kaiba: Well, for one, you're about to lose another 500 of your lifepoints thanks to your friend "The Duke of Demise". Is that reason enough for you?
Yami Bakura: No, because I have something far worse in store. First, I'll sacrifice my Duke in order to summon my "Diabound Kernel". Then I'll activate the magic card "Spirit Illusion". It creates what's known as a doppelganger, an exact duplicate of my monster, complete with all the power of the original.
Seto Kaiba: [sarcastically] Wow. So, now you've got two useless monsters.
Yami Bakura: We'll see about that! Go, Doppelganger Diabound! [uses the special ability of the duplicate Diabound Kernel]
Memoirs of a PharaohEdit
- Ishizu: May I speak with the Pharaoh? My King, it is an honor. You have returned home. Allow me to be your guide.
- Pharaoh: Please. The pleasure's mine.
The Intruder, Part 1Edit
The Intruder, Part 2Edit
Makings of a MagicianEdit
- Bakura: How can a mere spell-caster damage my Diabound!?
- Mahad: I refuse to allow Bakura to threaten my people, even if it means depleting my own powers. I must stop him! In the name the Pharaoh.
Birth of the Blue EyesEdit
- Isis: Mana, Mahad's spirit is very much alive; existing deep inside that stone. In fat, he's even stronger now. My Millennium Necklace has shown me all. He fused himself together with his most trusted creature.
- Mana: What? I'm confused.
- Isis: Mahad has been transformed. He will now be known as the Dark Magician.
- Mana: Dark Magician? But my training is incomplete! And I need Master Mahad! I want to become an elite spell-caster! I can't do it alone!!
- Seto: Wait. There is something familiar about this girl.
Village of Lost SoulsEdit
A Reversal of FortuneEdit
In Search of a KingEdit
Shimon Muran: What a beautiful blessing this day has brought us, my king.
Village of Vengeance, Part 1Edit
Village of Vengeance, Part 2Edit
Village of Vengeance, Part 3Edit
Village of Vengeance, Part 4Edit
Village of Vengeance, Part 5Edit
The Name of the GameEdit
Joey: It says bird, rock, lambchop, bird, and a bigger bird
The Dark One Cometh, Part 1Edit
Yami Bakura: [about Yugi's "Marshmallon" monster] Is that a monster or a desert topping?
The Dark One Cometh, Part 2Edit
Yami Bakura: [laughs evilly] Perhaps, you could've used the Pharaoh's help after all... [viciously] you PATHETIC MORTAL!!! [laughs evilly]
The Dark One Cometh, Part 3Edit
[After Yami Bakura has activated the magic card "Counterbalance", which forces both players to send cards equal to the number of monsters on the field from the top of their Deck to the Graveyard by the end of their turn. An effect that would eventually lead into a deckout. Yugi questions Yami Bakura why would he risk losing all the cards in his own deck also, not knowing that the effect of "Counterbalance" doesn't affect to Yami Bakura, because he no longer has a graveyard due to the "Cursed Twin Dolls" magic card, he played earlier]
Yugi: It doesn't make any sense!
Yami Bakura: [laughs evilly] To work, it requires a graveyard and I don't have one. [mockingly] Guess that means I can't participate. I feel so left out. So, you're in this alone! Get it? This card only drains your deck!
The Dark One Cometh, Part 4Edit
In the Name of the PharaohEdit
- Joey: Great. We have the power to fly but we can't get a decent meal.
- Zorc: The Egyptian Gods are powerless against me! You already tried this and failed!
- Pharaoh Atem: Yes. But there's one thing I didn't do last time time: Merge them together! Now I give you, the Creator of Light!
- Zorc: What!!? Impossible!!
- Pharaoh Atem: Darkness, be gone!!
- Tea: So what happens now? I mean now you've saved the world?
- Atem: Wait for the next bad guy?
- Creator of Light: No, Atem. There will not be another. You have destroyed from where all evil is born.
- Pharaoh Atem: So I'm done?
- Creator of Light: No. But you are close. With the help of your friends, you'll nearly fulfilled your destiny. You have but one more task to complete before your spirit can return to its resting place.
The Final JourneyEdit
The Final Duel, Part 1Edit
The Final Duel, Part 2Edit
The Final Duel, Part 3Edit
The Final Duel, Part 4Edit
- This is followed by The Dark Side of Dimensions movie, which takes place a few years later.
- Atem (thinking): This was the greatest duel of my life. It's been an honor, Yugi.
- Duke: What's Yugi waiting for? All he has to do is attack and the duel is over.
- Bakura: That's just it. Once his Magician attacks, the Pharaoh will be released and we'll never see him again.
- Duke: Wait! So did Yugi win the duel?
- Ishizu: If this attack is successful, then yes!
- Atem: Congratulations. Well done. Yugi, a champion doesn't stand on his knees. You've achieved a great victory for us both.
- Yugi (in tears): I was focusing so hard on playing the game, that I forgot what winning this duel would actually mean. By defeating you, I sent you away. For good.
- Atem: No, you have opened the door for me. Thanks to you, my spirit can finally be at rest. I'll be back where I belong. Fate brought the two of us together for a reason. And we fulfilled our destiny:
- We protected mankind from the return of the Shadow Games.
- Yugi: I'm gonna miss you.
- Atem: You do realize we will never truly be apart, right? The gift of kindness you have me and the courage I've given you will remain with us.
- Yugi: Right.
- Joey: At least give me one of your little rap-up speeches, Yug.
- Yugi: Well, sometimes the end of one adventure is just the beginning of another.
- Joey: Ah, much better.
Pyramid of LightEdit
- Tristan: Kicks to the face don't work.
- Joey: Neither do kicks to the head.
- Tea: Hmm... wonder what all the commotion's about?
- Joey: Dunno, but I haven't seen this many people running from school since they served meatloaf surprise last year.
- Joey: If you wanna get to the king of games, you got to get past the... uh... the, uh, Godfather of games, capice?
- [Yugi runs from the mummies]
- Joey and Tristan: [In unison] Yugi!?
- Yugi: [Runs past them] Talk later! Run now!
- Joey: What's with him? [He and Tristan see the mummies run towards them]
- Tristan: Zoinks!
- Tea: Yugi?
- Yugi: [Opens eyes after his vision] Tea... would you read me the story about the bunny?
- Tea: ...I'm going to pretend that was the concussion talking and forget about it.
- Anubis: Shadows take life, creatures be born! Now let's see how well you play this game when the monsters are real!
- Joey: Monsters?!
- Tristan: For real?!
- Tea: Oh no.
- Anubis: [After he is revived as a monster] It is no longer time to duel. Now it is time to die!
- Kaiba: [To Pegasus after their duel] That's all, folks.
- Pegasus: [after Anubis was defeated] No one could return after suffering a defeat as thoroughly devastating as that. Well, no one but Kaiba, that is. I'm sorry, did I say that aloud?
- (Yugi and Tea finds Solomon in the museum)
- Yugi: Hey! It's my grandpa! What are you doing here?
- Solomon: Oh, it looks like great minds think alike.
- Yugi: So, you've came to see that pyramid too?
- Solomon: Yup.
- Tea: This says it's called the Pyramid of Light.
- Solomon: In all my years of Egyptology, I've never come across this relic before. But it says here it belong to an evil sorcerer who tried to bring about the end of the world.
- Yugi: Well I guessed it's pretty to say his plan didn't work, right?
- Solomon: Legend say a brave pharaoh destroyed him using the mystical Dagger of Fate.
- (Yugi looks at his Millennium Puzzle)
- Solomon: The same pharaoh who many believed possessed your Millennium Puzzle. Come, I'll show you.
- (They went back to see the sarcophagus)
- Solomon: See, there's the knife.
- Tea: (disgusted) Can we leave?
- Yugi: (looking at the inscription) What's it say here on his sarcophagus.
- Solomon: Let's see. It's some sort of prophecy:
- The eye that see what's yet to come
- Its vision shall be fulfilled
- Unless blinded by events predetermined
- Thus light and shadows both be killed
- Pegasus: You see, Kaiba thinks he got that card from me. When in fact, this has all been arranged by an evil lord who tried to take over the world five millennia ago and is now back to finish the job. I looked it up. Now this Anubis has created the Ultimate Shadow Game, and he's getting much stronger every moment.
- Solomon: Then the prophecy is being fulfilled.
- (Anubis is draining the life force of the Pharaoh)
- Anubis: (laughs) Foolish mortals, there is nothing you can do to stop my rebirth. I have infiltrated the realm of the Pharaoh and his life force now feeds mine.
- Yugi: We won't stand here while you sucked the life out of others to save yourself. We're going to take you down, Anubis!
- Joey: I'd stay in that casket if I were you.
- (Mummies begin to rise from the dead)
- Yugi: What do you want anyway?
- (Anubis shows them the terrible future that is going to happen)
- Anubis: Behold the future, since you won't live to see it for yourself. Soon my beasts of destruction shall annihilate all traces of life on Earth and I will finally complete that which I started millennia ago. It was by your very hand that this devastation will occur, mortal. For when you released the Pharaoh, you released me as well.
- (Anubis grabs Kaiba by the head)
- The Pharaoh: Kaiba! No!
- Anubis: You have served me well, little worm! But you have outlived your usefulness!
- (He throws Kaiba to the side)
- Pharaoh: Kaiba!
- (The Pharaoh watches as Anubis is fully restored to life)
- The Pharaoh: So, it's been you behind this whole duel! Manipulating Kaiba all along! The Egyptian Lord of the Dead, Anubis!
- Anubis: I am pleased that you remember me after all these years, my Pharaoh. It will be my ultimate vengeance, all the sweeter. You will fall and my reign of destruction shall begin!
- Pharaoh: We'll see.
- Anubis: The souls of your mortal friends have already fallen! Trapped within your Puzzle!
- Pharaoh: My friends.
- Anubis: Lost in a labyrinth of the dead!
- Pharaoh: You're wrong, I can still sense their presence. And I will fight to defend them! No matter what happens, I won't not let your evil plan come to pass, Anubis!
- Anubis: All I need to do is defeat you in this duel and the prophecy will be fulfilled! You will be destroyed! The magic of the Shadow Games that you locked away centuries ago, will once again be unleashed into the world! And I shall finally take my rightful place as the pharaoh of this realm! With the Pyramid of Light at my command, there is nothing you can do to stop me! The Ultimate Shadow Game is just beginning!
Bonds Beyond TimeEdit
- (Yugi regains consciousness and is horrified to see such devastation around him)
- Yugi: Grandpa...He- NOOOO!!!
- The Pharaoh: Yugi, out of all our duels, this may be the most difficult we've ever faced.
- Yugi: Then let's rise to the challenge.
- (The Pharaoh's spirit takes over Yugi)
The Dark Side of DimensionsEdit
- This movie takes place a few years after the four-part conclusion of the animated show, "The Final Duel".
- KaibaCorp Manager: (giving the cloak man strict orders) For the last time, you’re behind schedule. Speed up your progress and we’ll find someone who can.
- Slave: Yes sir! Faster everyone!
- KaibaCorp Manager: Hmm. I wonder... Is this thing really down here? We’re working as hard as we can! But, sir!
- Joey: No way. You actually got in? That study abroad program's lucky to have you. But, aren't ya a little scared?
- Tea: Well, to be a professional dancer, I can't be afraid to bite off more than I can chew.
- Yugi: If you're as graceful as you are with those chopsticks, you'll get in for sure.
- Bakura: I'm proud that you're following your dreams, Tea.
- Tristan: At least some us are. My dad says after I graduate, I gotta work in his factory.
- Tea: And you, Joey? You still plan to become a pro duelist after school's over?
- Joey: You better believe it. I'll be champion of the world in no time. 'Cause no out there can stop me!
- Tristan: Except our math teacher who confiscated your duel disk for polishing it in class this week.
- Yugi: Least it worked during our final exam.
- Tea: Your turn, Yugi. It's time to share. Tell the guys what's your game plan.
- Yugi: Well, all right. I thought I'd continue helping Grandpa in the shop. And I'm gonna start creating my own games, too. I know it's really cheesy but maybe someday, we can all play together..
- Joey: I'm there. Let's promise- When Yugi's game makes it big, we'll all be there.
- Yugi: When you say "big"?
- Tea: Don't worry. You'll do it. Remember- Your friends believe in you.
- Yugi: Thank you. I...believe in you, too.
- Joey: What you got your deck our for, Yuge? Wanna take me on in a duel?
- Yugi: No. Just thinking back.
- Joey: About what?
- Yugi: About...him.
- Tea: You mean Atem?
- Yugi: Sorry. Forget that I even brought it up.
- Joey: Yuge, it's OK. You guys shared a connection. It totally makes sense you miss him sometimes.
- Yugi: Not just sometimes. All the time.
- It's just that things ended so suddenly between us. You used to be a part of me. But then you weren't and we had to face each other in a duel. A duel to determine whether I was ready to stand on my own. And when I defeated you, you left us. You left me...forever. I know it was for the best, but I wish I had one more chance to let him know what he meant to me. But destiny had different plans for us.
- Kaiba: Load it into the chopper at once. I plan to reassemble it today.
- Man: Yes sir.
- Mokuba: Reassemble it? You do realize it took Yugi eight years to complete the Puzzle, don't you?
- Kaiba: That's because Yugi's a simple-minded child. Let's go!
- Tea: Hey, what you looking at there, Yugi?
- Yugi: This article. Says here that they all disappeared without a trace.
- Tea: It's those bullies.
- Yugi: Says there's been many of these cases all over the city.
- Duke: Not just here- all over the world. I heard online, something about fifty people vanishing all at once. Anyway, enjoy your lunch.
- Bakura: Thanks, Duke. We'll try. How can we when someone or something is making people vanish? That someone could be watching us right now.
- Tea: True. But I think they're pretty harmless, Bakura.
- Shadi: I bring you a warning:
- When the seven treasures come together
- The Pharaoh's soul will finally be able to move on
- And the power of the Plana will be yours
- But should he ever return
- This power will be recanted
- (Yugi looks as his Dark Magician card with pride)
- Yugi: Now way could I build a deck without this card. You've gotten me out of more dueling jams than I can count.
- Sera: It's lovely. That golden box. It has a kind of glow.
- Yugi: Sorry. I didn't hear you come in. But you're right. This box is very special. You see, it's where I keep my duel cards. Not every one of them, of course, just those that are extra precious.
- Sera: Of course. But I think you mean cards extra precious to you and extra precious to the Pharaoh.
- Yugi (in surprise): Huh!?
- Sera: I know, Yugi. I know of the Pharaoh because of my master Shin, Shadi Shin. Long ago, Master Shin bestowed upon myself and others a great power- the power of the Plana. This power is so strong, it can remake this world; turn it into some place beautiful: A Utopia. But if misused, this power could do the opposite.
- Yugi: Where are we?
- Sera: This is the gathering place of the Plana. We carry on the will of Master Shin. However, there is dissension among us, and it could mean trouble for all of mankind. I have no one else to turn to other than you, Yugi.
- Yugi: Who are you?
- Sera: I am Sera. Destiny has led me to you. So I will entrust you with my destiny.
- (Yugi opens his eyes, to see that Sera has vanished)
- Yugi: That was...so strange.
- (Opens his golden box and is amazed to find a fragment of none other than the Millennium Puzzle inside)
- Yugi: No way.
- Sera: Deva. Deva. I'm told you battled against Kaiba.
- Deva: Yes. I'm afraid he's located the Millennium Puzzle.
- Sera: If he's able to reassemble it-
- Deva: I know. The Pharaoh will rise. But don't worry. He won't reassemble the Puzzle. He can't. And even if he could, it would not matter.
- Sera: What do you mean? We'll lose our powers when the Pharaoh resurrects in Yugi's body.
- Deva: That won't be a problem if I get rid of the body.
- Sera: You're going too far! You're blinded by hate, Brother. And if you don't stop, it will destroy you. I believe in you. Just consider what I've said, Brother. I beg you. (teleports away)
- Deva: It's too late.
- Kaiba: Good to see you, too.
- Yugi: I have bigger issues to deal with!
- (Kaiba reveals the nearly completed Millennium Puzzle)
- Yugi: No way! The Millennium Puzzle?
- Kaiba: Yes. Most of it, anyway. But you can be sure I'll have it in its entirely soon enough.
- Yugi: How did you get it?
- Kaiba: That's not important. What is important is that you will come to my tournament, Yugi. And bring the Puzzle piece you have.
- Yugi: You know? But how could you...?
- Kaiba: I know everything that goes on in Domino.
- Yugi: What is it? What are you after?
- Kaiba: What I've always been after: To show the Pharaoh that I am the greatest. You will wear the Puzzle again and summon him, Yugi. And I will duel him and I will defeat him!
- Yugi: But...Kaiba.
- Kaiba: Be honest, Yugi. I know you want to see him, too.
- Deva: What! impossible! You should be nothing!
- Joey: I'll tell you how. Some of my memories are forever. Like those of my three pals, right here.
- Children of the Plana: Their friendship withstood the power of the Plana? How is that possible? Where did Deva go wrong?
- (The incredible Children of the Plana start to vanish)
- Joey: That's right! Go back to wherever you all came from! But not you, Aigami! Not 'till you hand over Bakura.
- Deva: This changes nothing! You're fates are all still sealed, including Bakura's. 'Till next time.
- Sera: The Pharaoh. He has not returned.
- Yugi: He's gone, Kaiba. Gone forever. I've known it deep down in my heart since we said goodbye. It wasn't easy. It still isn't. But I had to let him go, and you have to as well. I'm sorry. But this was what destiny choose for us.
- Kaiba: You lie!
- Yugi: Huh?
- Kaiba: He's just afraid! Scared to come out and face me! He knows he's no match for me!!
- Joey: No way. You actually saw the Pharaoh?
- Yugi: Yeah. And it was great seeing him again.
- Tea: how's he doing?
- Joey: So, be honest. He asked about me, didn't he?
- Bakura: Of course he did.
- Yugi: He wished us well.
- Kaiba: I said he'd be back. Hate to say I told you so, but...told you so.
- Yugi: You were right. I thought the Pharaoh would never return, but you never stopped believing.
- Kaiba: You have your bond with him and I have mine. Take care, Yugi.
- Yugi: 'Till next time. And thank you.
- “Yu-Gi-Oh!’s” fundamental theme, aside from the triad of “friendship,” “death,” and “love,” also includes the keyword “independence.” I would like all my readers to have something–one thing–that they’ll rise above others to.
For example, even though the card game takes center stage in the story, I would hope you all make friends and form a friendly rivalry with one another. And while doing so, I hope you all find something unique to yourself–your ‘only one.’ I may present only the card game aspect during the story to everyone, but I’m glad that it could be provided as an opportunity for communication to allow everyone to meet one another and explore new possibilities. By fighting through cards, I wish you could all learn about people and build good relationships.
- Dan Green - Yugi Muto/Yami Yugi/Pharaoh Atem
- Wayne Grayson - Joey Wheeler
- Greg Abbey - Tristan Taylor
- Amy Birnbaum - Tea Gardner
- Marc Thompson - Duke Devlin
- Eric Stuart - Seto Kaiba
- Tara Sands - Mokuba Kaiba
- Ted Lewis as Ryo Bakura, Yami Bakura (Seasons 1, 2, 5)
- Megan Hollingshead (Seasons 1, 2, 3) and Bella Hudson (Season 4)- Mai Valentine
- Wayne Grayson- Solomon Moto (Seasons 1, 2, 5)
- Darren Dunstan - Maximilian Pegasus (Seasons 1, 4, 5)
- Jonathan Todd Ross- Marik Ishtar (Seasons 2, 3, 5)
- TBA- Ishizu Ishtar (Seasons 2, 3, 5)
- TBA- Odion (Seasons 2, 3, 5)
- TBA- Zigfreid Von Schroeder (Season 5; 14 Episodes)
- TBA- Leon Von Schroeder (Season 5; 14 Episodes)
- TBA- Vivian Wong (Season 5; 14 Episodes)
- TBA- Weevil Underwood (Seasons 1, 2, 4, 5)
- TBA- Rex Raptor (Seasons 1, 2, 4, 5)
- TBA- Serenity Wheeler (Seasons 2, 3; cameo in Season 5)
- TBA- Rebecca Hawkins (Seasons 1, 4,5)
- TBA- Arthur Hawkins (Seasons 1, 4, 5)
- Wayne Grayson- Shadi Shin (Seasons 1, 2, 5)
- TBA as Anubis (from The Pyramid of Light)
- Matthew Charles as Jaden Yuki (from Bonds Beyond Time)
- Greg Abbey as Yusei Fudo ( from Bonds Beyond Time)
- Laurie Hymens as Sera (from The Dark Side of Dimensions)
- Tamir Cousins as Mani (from The Dark Side of Dimensions)
- Daniel J. Edwards as Deva/Aigami (from The Dark Side of Dimensions)