Youngblood (1986 film)
1986 film by Peter Markle
Youngblood is a 1986 film about a skilled young hockey prospect hoping to attract the attention of professional scouts who is pressured to show that he can fight if challenged during his stay in a Canadian minor hockey town.
- Directed by Peter Markle. Written by Peter Markle and John Whitman.
The ice... The fire... The fight... To be the best. (taglines)
- Where else could I get beaten up every day, treated like shit by prima donna Canadians and get my nuts shaved?
- I think all hockey players should know how to read and write.
- To the game and getting out of this hick town! Thank God there is a sport for middle-sized white boys.
- The only thing better than a glass of beer, is tea with Miss McGill!
- Hey, go hump your Saint Bernard, scum-nuts.
- I don't give a shit where I play as long as I go number one in the draft and I sign the biggest contract I can. I've been busting my ass in this league for four years, and I'm gonna get what's coming to me.
- All right, one period left. One period away from winning it all or losing to these miserable hackers with their shit-eating grins and their Saturday night wrestling tactics. One period away from remembering something for the rest of your life or something you wanna forget.
- [to Youngblood] Wanna go, pretty boy?
- Kelly Youngblood: [walks into barn and sees Dean standing in front of a punching bag] Just hit it, pillowhands. Don't worry, it's not gonna hit you back.
- Blane Youngblood: You can learn to punch in the barn, but you gotta learn to survive on the ice.
- Kelly Youngblood: Don't take any shit from them Canucks. To them, you're just another wetback, crossing the border to play their game.
- Dean Youngblood: They'll never catch me!
- Kelly Youngblood: Oh, they'll catch you.
- Murray Chadwick: Where'd you get these guys from, Ray? Mexico?
- Ray: We're only looking for one player.
- Murray Chadwick: Like that sorry son of a bitch who just tripped over the blueline?
- Duane Hewitt: Fast legs, slow fists.
- Dean Youngblood: [about Racki] The guy suckered me.
- Duane Hewitt: Oh, poor baby. Hey, maybe next time we can send you a telegram: get ready for the right hook.
- Derek Sutton: Stay on sides, Youngblood.
- Dean Youngblood: Pass the puck!
- Derek Sutton: Don't tell me when to pass the puck.
- Dean Youngblood: You want me to slow down for ya?
- The ice... The fire... The fight... To be the best.
- To Youngblood, winning wasn't everything - proving himself was.