1961 film by Akira Kurosawa
- [family he has just saved is crying with gratitude] Stop. Stop crying. It’s pathetic. [they keep crying] I hate pathetic people. I'll have to kill you.
- [Sanjuro has just killed two men and cut the arm off a third] Cooper. Two coffins... No, maybe three.
- [after the gamblers have challenged him] No help for fools. [draws sword and kills two of them]
- I'm not dying yet. I have to kill quite a few men first.
- If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked.
- Kill one or a hundred. You only hang once.
- [Sanjuro's talking with three men]
- Sanjuro: You're all tough, then?
- Gambler: What? Kill me if you can!
- Sanjuro: It'll hurt.
- Gonji: Are you afraid of ghosts?
- Inokichi: No they make me feel just great.
- Hansuke: What happened? Why so glum? Your business should be booming.
- The Cooper: No. When the fighting gets this bad, they don't bother with coffins.