World War Z (film)
2013 American film directed by Marc Forster
World War Z is a 2013 American disaster zombie film about a United Nations employee who traverses the world in a race against time to stop the Zombie pandemic that is toppling armies and governments, and threatening to destroy humanity itself.
- Directed by Marc Forster. Written by Matthew Michael Carnahan, Drew Goddard, and Damon Lindelof, from a screen story by Carnahan and J. Michael Straczynski, based on the 2006 novel of the same name by Max Brooks.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Movement is life.
- This isn’t the end. Not even close. We’ve lost entire cities. We still don’t know how it started. We bought ourselves some time. But it’s given us a chance. Others have found a way to push back. If you can fight, fight. Help each other. Be prepared for anything. Our war has just begun.
- Most people don't believe something can happen until it already has. That's not stupidity or weakness, that's just human nature.
- Mother Nature is a serial killer. No one's better. Or more creative. Like all serial killers, she can't help the urge to want to get caught. What good are all those brilliant crimes if no one takes the credit? So she leaves crumbs. Now the hard part, why you spend a decade in school, is seeing the crumbs. But the clue's there. Sometimes the thing you thought was the most brutal aspect of the virus, turns out to be the chink in its armor. And she loves disguising her weaknesses as strengths. She's a bitch.
- Looks like we just woke the dead. In that respect, please turn off all pagers and cellphones.
- Gerry Lane: You're letting people in!
- Jurgen Warmbrunn: Every person we save is one less zombie to fight.
- Gerry Lane: If I could get into India, where would I start? Who would I speak too?
- Jurgen Warmbrunn: India is a black hole. Forget about patient zero.
- Gerry Lane: I can't do that. It's too late for me to build a wall. Look... I'm running out of time. I need specifics. I need answers to how this all started...
- Jurgen Warmbrunn: [cutting him off] I don't have answers. All I can tell you is find a place to hide.
- Gerry Lane: You're with CIA?
- Ex-CIA Agent: But they're not with me.
- Gerry Lane: [Preparing to enter zombie-infested building] Sure you wanna do this?
- W.H.O. Doctor: Course I'm not. Let's go.
About World War Z (film)Edit
- I can't give it away, but Straczynski found a way to tie it all together. The last draft I read was amazing.
- Max Brooks, Cidoni Lennox, Michael (April 16, 2013). "Pitt surprises CinemaCon attendees". Bigstory.ap.org. Retrieved June 27, 2013.
- This whole thing started because I just wanted to do a film that my boys could see before they turned 18 — one that they would like, anyways. And they love a zombie.
- Brad Pitt, Cidoni Lennox, Michael (April 16, 2013). "Pitt surprises CinemaCon attendees". Bigstory.ap.org. Retrieved June 27, 2013.
- Brad Pitt - Gerry Lane
- Mireille Enos - Karin Lane
- Daniella Kertesz - Segen
- Fana Mokoena - Thierry Umutoni
- James Badge Dale - Captain Speke
- David Morse - Ex-CIA agent
- Ludi Boeken - Jurgen Warmbrunn
- Matthew Fox - Pararescuer
- Peter Capaldi - WHO researcher
- Pierfrancesco Favino - WHO researcher
- Ruth Negga - WHO researcher
- Moritz Bleibtreu - WHO researcher
- Elyes Gabel - Dr. Andrew Fassbach
- David Andrews - U.S. Navy Captain Mullenaro
- Sterling Jerins - Constance Lane
- Abigail Hargrove - Rachel Lane