New Zealand writer
- Alas, being a New Zealander is such an exquisite dilemma.
- Fulbright New Zealand Keynote speech, November 2005
- We bow only to the highest mountain.
- The Rope of Man, epilogue, ISBN 0790008947.
Quotes about edit
- I think the time was just right for myself and for people like Witi Ihimaera and Hone Tuwhare. The real pioneers were JC Sturm, Rowley Habib, Arapera Blank, Rose Denness and Mason Durie and those writers I had started to see published in the journal of the Māori Affairs Department, Te Ao Hou.
See also edit
- Fantastic Fiction: Witi Ihimaera (bibliography)