|This political figure article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- When coal-fired power generation is a necessity for Taiwan, the Linkou Power Plant, equipped with the most advanced generators and pollution control and abatement systems and burning the types of coal that have the fewest impurities, is the model we look toward.
- William Lai (2018) cited in "Premier visits coal-fired power plant to alleviate public concerns" on Focus Taiwan, 18 March 2018.
- I will set a policy goal next year to make Taiwan a bilingual country, with English and Chinese being its official languages.
- William Lai (2018) cited in "Taiwan to Make English an Official Language" on Breitbart, 31 August 2018.
- Neither the (ROC) central government nor the local governments can shoulder the development of the nation's infrastructure or economy alone. It must be a joint effort.
- William Lai (2018) cited in "Six mayors, premier discuss budgets" on Taipei Times, 28 December 2018.
- The time has come because more and more Taiwanese people have realized that Taiwan needs a new constitution.
- William Lai (2019) cited in "Time has come for Taiwan to get new constitution: ex-Premier Lai" on Focus Taiwan, 23 January 2019.