German sculptor (1881-1919)
- Every work of art must retain something from the first days of creation, something of the smell of earth, or one could even say: something animate.
- As quoted in The Art of Wilhelm Lehmbruck (1972) by Reinhold Heller
- Sculpture is the essence of things, the essence of nature, that which is perpetually human.
- As quoted in Expressionism (2004) by Norbert Wolf and Uta Grosenick, p. 64
- Lehmbruck-Museum in Duisburg
- Gallery of Lehmbruck's work
- Available Works and Biography Galerie Ludorff, Duesseldorf, Germany
- Artwork, exhibitions, reviews of Lehmbruck's work
|This article about an artist is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|