Wikiquote talk:Speedy deletions/Draft
|This page is a revision draft of an existing Wikiquote policy.|
This policy has been identified by WikiProject Policy Revision as a policy requiring revision.
While this policy may be in force at the present time as written, it is currently
undergoing a community effort to bring it more fully into line with the needs of Wikiquote.
Do not quote any text on this page as policy! It is only a draft!
Please see Wikiquote:WikiProject Policy Revision for further information on the ongoing effort to revise Wikiquote policy.
Major revision to WQ:SDEdit
- Copied from Wikiquote talk:Speedy deletions, with only nouns and pronouns changed to reflect pages correctly.
I propose a major revision to Wikiquote:Speedy deletions, to be implemented as soon as practical, in order to help resolve the outstanding issues listed at Wikiquote talk:Speedy deletions, to allow all editors to nominate more obvious speedy-deletion candidates, and to reduce the current VfD workload in order to free up time to work on all the other numerous policy issues. The basic approach would be this:
- Start with MosheZadka's reduced case list.
- Add appropriate items from w:Wikipedia:Criteria for speedy deletion, including (but not necessarily limited to) attack pages, unremarkable people or groups, and copyright violations.
- Revise all cases with Wikiquote-specific wording and examples.
- Tag each case so that it can be linked to by editors citing specific cases (and include information on how to cite, either with instructions or templates).
These are broad outlines. I plan to spend some time in the next week or so working on Wikiquote:Speedy deletions/Draft to flesh this out, but I would really appreciate suggestions and thoughts. (I recommend they be posted at Wikiquote talk:Speedy deletions, not on this talk page, because there are currently no discussions here, and I think it will be better to copy an approved draft into the existing article and post its edit history on WQt:SD, than to replace the current policy with the draft page, losing all previous edits.) I am going to try to drive this quickly, as we have considerable experience here with policy initiatives that just peter out without such a drive. We really need this update! ~ Jeff Q (talk) 01:28, 4 March 2006 (UTC)
Major deletion revisionEdit
I've just posted a summary of imminent bold actions I intend to take, along the lines of the above discussions, at Wikiquote talk:Deletion policy#Major deletion revision. Briefly, they are:
- Update Wikiquote:Speedy deletions with the text of Wikiquote:Speedy deletions/Draft for a 1-month trial period, per Aphaia's suggestion above.
- Update Wikiquote:Votes for deletion to reflect the new archive process and a 7-day "lag time". The lag time will be phased in starting 14 September, per my suggestion.
- Create a simplified Wikiquote:Deletion review page similar to Wikipedia's, grouping by year instead of date.
- Update Wikiquote:Deletion policy to reflect all the changes.
Please review the detailed explanation at WQt:DP and comment there, so these actions (and any tweaks) can be more easily coordinated and implemented. Thank you. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 04:49, 8 September 2006 (UTC)
You should not wipe out the contents, as it makes it easier to evaluate the page.
You should not wipe out the contents, as that would make it difficult to evaluate the page. --hydnjo talk 20:11, 9 September 2006 (UTC)