|This page contains material that is kept because it is considered humorous. |
Such material is not meant to be taken seriously.
The Wiki-sisters are three characters designed by Kasuga to represent three of the Wikimedia projects: Wikipe-tan for Wikipedia, Wikiquote-tan for Wikiquote, and Commons-tan for Wikimedia Commons. The other projects have not yet been anthropomorphised by Kasuga or others with any prominence, though a few obscure anthropomorphic versions exist for some projects.
- Wikiquote-tan (addressing Wikipe-tan): It's okay to answer here. Come on, if you don't spit it out I'll put you in a headlock.
- Commons-tan: Um... I've been left out and watching this from the sides, but... Isn't this "bullying"?
- Wikiquote-tan: Don't say such silly things!! This isn't bullying, just smothering her with affection, aka "doting"!
- Commons-tan: That's not good either.
- commons:category:いけいけ！百科事典娘 (pages 3 & 4, file annotations)
- Given: Making Wikipedia has helped administrators. Corollary: Making administrators should help Wikipedia. Therefore: Making me an administrator could help Wikipedia.
- Well, there is no User:Self, so you can't self-block.
- Don't abbreviate as Wiki!
- l heard Watanabe-san was going to make his own visual novel so that we would have some free images to use on Wikipedia! That's the kind of guy who keeps the Internet alive, don't you think?
- Wikipedia is awesome! I only have been there for a few days and I love the idea of sharing all the knowledge in the same [place]...
- I’m our creepy unofficial mascot!
Quotes about Wikipe-tan edit
- Pedophilic sexualization of a community mascot? No.
- My removal of the sexualized version from commons was in no way an endorsement of the standard versions. I don't like Wikipe-tan and never have. I recognize that some people do, and I'm not particularly agitated about it, but my name should not be invoked in a way that might lead some to believe that I approve. Thanks!
- Jimmy Wales, Wikipedia talk:Wikipe-tan
- Wales, Jimbo (February 7, 2011). I am not a fan. Wikipedia. Retrieved on February 7, 2011.