What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (film)
1962 film by Robert Aldrich
Sister, sister, oh so fair, why is there blood all over your hair? Taglines
- You mean all this time we could have been friends?
- I didn't bring your breakfast, because you didn't eat your din-din!
- I don't want to talk about it! Everytime I think about something nice, you remind me of bad things. I only want to talk about the nice things.
- [running after Flagg as he flees the house] Edwin, you forgot your money!
- [shocked at some obscenities Jane has scrawled] I can't remember the last time I saw words like that written down!
- Blanche: Did you have a nice drive?
- Jane: What are you talking about?
- Blanche: Nothing dear, I... it's been so long since you were out of the house I thought perhaps you had gone for a drive or something. You know I was thinking, it's ever so long since we had a talk, you know, a real talk about the future and everything. Jane, I didn't want you to be worried about the house, even if I do have to sell it, we'll still be together.
- Jane: Blanche, you're not gonna sell this house. Daddy bought this house, and he bought it for me! You don't think I remember that, do you?
- Blanche: You're wrong, Jane. You've just forgotten. I bought this house for the two of us, when I signed my first contract.
- Jane: You don't think I remember anything, do you? There are a whole lot of things I remember. And you never paid for this house. Baby Jane Hudson made the money that paid for this house, that's who!
- Blanche: You don't know what you're saying.
- Jane: Blanche, you aren't ever gonna sell this house... and you aren't ever gonna leave it... either.
- Blanche: Who was that at the door earlier?
- Jane: Elvira.
- Blanche: Where is she now? In the kitchen?
- Jane: No, I gave her the day off. She has a pretty hard time considering. I told her to come back next week.
- Jane: [pauses] Oh, Blanche? You know we've got rats in the cellar?
- Dr. Shelby: I don't quite understand. Is this some mind of emotional disturbance you're talking about?
- Blanche: Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!
- Sister, sister, oh so fair, why is there blood all over your hair?
- You'd better be shockproof before you dare find out!
- Too late... too late... too late to call for help.
- Bette Davis — Baby Jane Hudson
- Joan Crawford — Blanche Hudson
- Victor Buono — Edwin Flagg
- Maidie Norman — Elvira Stitt
- Anna Lee — Mrs. Bates
- Marjorie Bennett — Dehlia Flagg
- Dave Willock — Ray Hudson
- Julie Allred — Young Baby Jane Hudson (1917)
- Gina Gillespie — Young Blanche Hudson (1917)
- Robert O. Cornthwaite — Dr. Shelby